| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1787 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 72  Next
 Post subject: Re: bisque about your period
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:00 am 
Naked Under Apron

kilgore trout wrote:
Oh hey, period. Didn't know you were coming. You know, seeing as how you were here two forking weeks ago.

SAME. The fork? I got to run out to the drugstore at midnight last night. So fun.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:39 am 
Mediocre Tart

Urgh. Why do I not EVER realise I'm being a total bitchhead more than normal until after the fact. Also a general heid-the-baw. And obviously I play this whole drama-llama-ness out on the freaking internets (cf. the past 15 hours or so) Also, I dunno what is happening, but i've never had heinous back-cramps ever before the last few months, but these days OH MY GOD THE PAIN (praise jebus to over the counter co-codamol!)

"I will take a drugged, sex-crazed, punk rock commie over Mrs. Thatch any day of the week" - Vantine

"I just finished building my Irn Bru cellar!" - Steffers!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:36 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

PMS started today. Which for me means I want to cry and punch someone all at the same time while curling up into ball. It also means I have no patience for my LD boyfriend's lack of communication at the moment, which sucks because I know talking to him would probably make me feel a bit better, but I also know I would probably tell him to go fork himself if I were to call him. Yay for hormones.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:54 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

My period is two weeks late and I've foolishly blown money on two pregnancy tests. The worst part is that I've had PMS for like, a month? what the fizzle.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:00 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

vijita wrote:
My period is two weeks late and I've foolishly blown money on two pregnancy tests. The worst part is that I've had PMS for like, a month? what the fizzle.

i have recently begun experiencing the same thing, which i'm chalking up to b12 supplements that forked up my skin as well. have you ever had problems like this before, and did you start any new supplements?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:05 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

interrobang?! wrote:
Urgh. Why do I not EVER realise I'm being a total bitchhead more than normal until after the fact. Also a general heid-the-baw. And obviously I play this whole drama-llama-ness out on the freaking internets (cf. the past 15 hours or so) Also, I dunno what is happening, but i've never had heinous back-cramps ever before the last few months, but these days OH MY GOD THE PAIN (praise jebus to over the counter co-codamol!)

I have felt like she-devil and didn't know it was bad until I was confronted about it! UGH. It's funny that normally I'm subdued and you can't get me to express emotion but when PMS starts, I want to bawl my eyes out while simultaneously burning bridges with my attitude.

creep wrote:
This period is giving me the most insane hot flashes ever. I was sweating so hard grocery shopping today that I had to change shirts when I got home.

It's cute when guys don't get it. I tried explaining that periods are like a tornado and come to leave nothing behind(not through metaphors). Those 3 days of terrential rain, hot and earth shaking winds, and flooding are just a few days but they feel like the end of the world sometimes. And my period isn't even that bad.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:54 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

fauxfrancais wrote:
vijita wrote:

i have recently begun experiencing the same thing, which i'm chalking up to b12 supplements that forked up my skin as well. have you ever had problems like this before, and did you start any new supplements?

I've been losing a significant amount of weight (probably) due to a new medication, so since I have the most sensitive periods EVER, I guess that's why. It is very unsettling though.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:52 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

ah! sorry to hear that Vijita!

the doc offered birth control pills and i gave the 'naaah, i'll look into it' answer for anything she offered that day, including HPV vaccination. medication deflection. i've spent some time needing antibiotics and the like and i hate how medications fork up your system.

anyone see the new mainstream diva cup things? they were giving free samples the other day.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:40 am 
Inflexitarian

fauxfrancais wrote:
anyone see the new mainstream diva cup things? they were giving free samples the other day.

NO! but I already use one and got three of my friends to use a cup or cloth pads instead of disposables and they now also swear their periods are lighter and less painful.

This period is going to be a bisque. I've been lazy and not watching my sodium. I'm paying for it. Nausea and bloating and PAIN. Dumb me should know better. At least I remembered my iron this morning!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:13 pm 
Wears Pleather Undies

I could never use the cup or cloth pads, I bleed tooooo heavy. My whole day would be in the bathroom, ugh.

Fibroids and ovarian cysts over here :(

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:15 am 
Inflexitarian

arishkegal wrote:
I could never use the cup or cloth pads, I bleed tooooo heavy. My whole day would be in the bathroom, ugh.

It will lighten your period. On my worst days I empty the cup every hour but I have to pee every hour when on my cycle anyways. I used to have to change a tampon every 20-40 minutes. Now maybe a half a day I'm hourly...usually it's three to four times a day I empty on heavy days. I've seen a dramatic decrease in my flow.

Check out:

http://you-are-loved.org/1311/its-that-time/

and other testimonials available at you-are-loved.org

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:41 pm 
Wears Pleather Undies

assilembob wrote:
arishkegal wrote:

It will lighten your period. On my worst days I empty the cup every hour but I have to pee every hour when on my cycle anyways. I used to have to change a tampon every 20-40 minutes. Now maybe a half a day I'm hourly...usually it's three to four times a day I empty on heavy days. I've seen a dramatic decrease in my flow.

Check out:

http://you-are-loved.org/1311/its-that-time/

and other testimonials available at you-are-loved.org

With pads, I change them every 2-3 hours, I use the overnight size. The Always brand makes the best overnight pads.

So scared to start the cup.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:47 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

I have the worst cramps and back pain of life. Like, I'm sitting here in my office chair but all I want to do is curl up in a ball and rock back and forth. Ughfuck.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:14 pm 
Wears Pleather Undies

Nothing worse than a heat wave during your period time of the month.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:48 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

Week four - whyyyy? I'm on BC, took it for three months straight, like I always do, took the break, started the pills again, waited for everything to stop, but this one just. won't. quit. Should I be worried?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:39 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

cookiesandbean wrote:
Nothing worse than a heat wave during your period time of the month.

^^^this. only thing worse is waiting a week to get your period, with cramps the whole time, then getting it on your birthday. thanks nature!

wallace are you saying you've had your period for four weeks??

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:48 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

I've been finding that the few days after my period ends, I'm really ravenous for...ahem...manly attention. I sent a dirty text to my husband today and basically said, "You need to fork me tonight, I don't care how or where, but it's IMPERATIVE." Anyone else get like this? I feel like an unspayed cat or something.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:18 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

paprikapapaya wrote:
I've been finding that the few days after my period ends, I'm really ravenous for...ahem...manly attention. I sent a dirty text to my husband today and basically said, "You need to fork me tonight, I don't care how or where, but it's IMPERATIVE." Anyone else get like this? I feel like an unspayed cat or something.

YES. Except for me it starts during the last half of my period, and then lasts a few days after it ends. It's kind of ridiculous. I pretty much pounced on him the last time it happened. I'm usually a bit reserved when it comes to things like that, so he thought it was hysterical. I was not so amused haha.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:58 pm 
Has gasoline in her veins

Just like clockwork, the full moon totally brought me a special gift. Bring on the cramps and exhaustion, I'm spending today doing crafts, taking naps and watching documentaries.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:56 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

paprikapapaya wrote:

Me too, but mine are the couple days before i start. then i get it, and i'm like, "oh sorry for ripping off your clothes the other night like an insatiable beast...sort of. not really."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:23 am 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

Well, being woken up two hours before your alarm by insane cramps is a fun way to start the day isn't it?!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:59 pm 
Naked Under Apron

Loss of appetite, and continuous headache the day before, the day of, and the day after my period starts. Maybe PMS was the cause of my insomnia over the last 2 weeks, instead of Summer SAD. Lets see if I sleep better this week.

edit: Hugs, jojo. Would a heating pad help?

Writing Praying Vegan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:54 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

For the last decade or so, my period would start in the morning, within 5 or 10 minutes of getting up. Now it starts mid-day or late afternoon. Hell of confusing - also, very inconvenient; I'm not used to having to carry surprise pads around (I use luna pads, and strongly disprefer disposables). Also, it used to have a 27-day cycle. Also, cramps. That's also new. DISAPPROVE. I don't like this whole changing things up on me thing.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:51 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I think my body is confused. In May I had no period, in June it started on the 15th and this month it started on the 8th. Now that I've left my stressful job I hope my body will resume a more regular cycle, although I suspect some of the weirdness is due to perimenopause.

bird noises | book of faces

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:33 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

This month I had the absolute worst PMS symptoms I've ever had, which then led into a super heavy period. I now feel immense hatred towards the month of July.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1787 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 72  Next