| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Body Positivity thread
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 2:41 pm 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

i like my belly, it's soft and touchable
i like my one long fingernail because it's good for poking people
i like the area on my back right above my butt. I don't know why, but I just find it insanely beautiful
i like the soles of my feet, which have allowed me to walk barefoot through anywhere
i like my legs, which I stopped shaving and are now uber-soft
i like that i'm short, so I can wear short dresses without my undies showing

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 5:35 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

8ball wrote:
'Why, could your ball be down there' or 'The beach is that way' poses.

Clearly I am not in the know about poses of muscular display. What are these?

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 2:58 pm 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

choirqueer wrote:
8ball wrote:
'Why, could your ball be down there' or 'The beach is that way' poses.

Clearly I am not in the know about poses of muscular display. What are these?

i'm curious too. The only one I know is "someone call a vet because these puppies are sick!" (puppies=muscles)

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 3:52 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Nice thread! Glad I stumbled in.

I like my toes, my eyes and the fact that my complexion is usually really clear.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:51 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I love this thread. <3

I do a lot of physical work and I am very proud of my arm muscles. They're really strong, and I like being able to lift things that other people think are too heavy for me to lift and prove them wrong. I always feel so powerful when I flex my arms.

My hands are boney, scarred and callused but I love how they display that I am so very much alive. There are various burn marks from ovens and pans. There's the gigantic scar on my left hand where my cat scratched me when he got really scared in my parents garden that one time. There's a rough patch of callused skin on my left hand where the handle of the mop leans onto, the spot where it twists and turns when I am cleaning the theatre where I work.

My nose is delicate, with a tiny scar and tons of freckles, especially in summer. My left eyebrow is perfectly arched and I can pull it up separately from the other one. My eyes look a different colour every day, ranging between rainy-day-grey and see-green. I can cycle really fast.

Basically, I feel like a badass mother hubbard most of the time. Which is great.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:13 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

I love my forearms/wrist, lots of veins & hair...

I love my neck, muscley, adams appley, veiny...

I love my butt. That shiitake is a bubble butt yo. And so hairy it could probably pass as brown pants.

Yay. Bodies are great. I like it when people look at mine.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:48 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I like my shoulders. I think they have a nice round shape.
I like my neck, I think it is long and elegant.
I like my wrists and forearms.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:41 pm 
Shopped till she dropped

-I like my arms. I toss around case after case of wine all day at work, and this is the most built my arms have ever been.
-I like my flexibility. I love all the pretzely poses in yoga.
-I like my leg muscles. My legs have always been strong, but biking has made them more so.
-I like my eyes. They're a really deep brown, kind of a rounded almond shape, and really expressive. I also have naturally dark eyelids, so I never have to wear eyeshadow. I do wear liner and mascara to really show them off.
-I like my skin. It's a lovely olive shade. I tan almost instantly in the sun and rarely burn. It's also always been relatively clear.
-I like my freckles. I don't have a ton, but they're scattered all over my arms and legs. I have three that form a perfect little triangle on my forearm. I have another three on the other arm that always remind me of Orion's Belt. Then there's the birthmark on the back of my arm that is so covered in freckles that it looks like a chocolate chip cookie. I also have a nice little mole on my breast that guys have loved.
-I like my hair. It's also a nice deep brown and totally crazy. I need a hair cut, though.
-I'm beginning to love my crooked smile. I definitely love my smirk.
-I like my calluses. The ones on my feet show the miles I've walked, and I'll play with the ones on my palms that show all the hours I've spent on my bike.
-Above all, I love my scars. I have so many. My surgery scars show I survived thyroid cancer. Twice. My knuckle scar reminds me of a trip to Six Flags freshman year. The one on the back of my hand reminds me never to drive to close to parked cars. The ones on my back are reminders to watch the faucet in the tub, and don't twirl too much while drunk, or you'll fall on a twig. The one above my eye shows how good of a friend I am to stand up for my loved ones. They all are reminders of strength and healing and the magic of the human body.

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:44 pm 
Inflexitarian

I like my facial hair. It gives me a really intense battle-face.

I like my toes. They're long and finger-like. If I'm barefoot I can use them to do things if my hands are full.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:46 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

I love the juxtaposition of my growing biceps and my soft, milky curves. I'm tough and sexy, yo.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:41 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I like my hair. I like my eyes. I like the shape of my face. I like my hands, couldn't work without them. I like that I can walk and see and hear. I like that I can taste!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:40 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

I like how putting back on the weight has given me a good amount of boob, I can't leave them alone.
I've got my asparagus back too, I used to hate it, but when it went and I was left with pancake butt so its nice to have the big round thang back.
My hands, they look old as fork, I'm only 20, but they are hands like my Aunts, like eerily older than the rest of my body. Witches hands. Ooooooooo.
Got a birth mark on my lower back, the cousins son has the exact same mark in the same spot too.
I like my feet and toes, they aren't crooked and are long. My heels nearly always have blisters on them, and thank fork I've built up a resistance to them because sometimes they look seriously badass- like 2 blisters within one huge blister. I don't know why it doesnt hurt. But I am thankful!!!
My chin, it's fairly normal, its never recieved any complaints unless its spotty.
My ears are small, and dont have much of a lobe, but they are pinned back, and have a more squarish shape than round, they look sorta elven i think.
My lips are nice, almost full lips, fairly plump too.
My eyes, I feel they are my best feature, big and brown. Doe eyes, puppy dog eyes, whatever, they're pretty.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:42 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

I like the curves of the balls of my feet and high arches.

I like the muscle and curves of the back of my thighs.

I like my lips.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:46 am 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

I like my scars because they mean I can heal.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:33 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

I like how when I laugh my nose crinkles up all cute making me look like my aunt.
I like how my feet are arched like a dancer.
I like my shoulders just cuz.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:58 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I don't think i've posted in this thread, so:

I am a really big fan of my cleavage! Anyone's cleavage, really. But I will wear jeans and a cardigan and have my hoots blastin' without feeling exposed or weird.

I love my freckles and want more of them. I'm also a big fan of my scars, I call them the mark of an adventurous childhood.

My nostrils look like little beans.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:09 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

mrsbadmouth wrote:
I don't think i've posted in this thread, so:

I am a really big fan of my cleavage! Anyone's cleavage, really. But I will wear jeans and a cardigan and have my hoots blastin' without feeling exposed or weird.

I love my freckles and want more of them. I'm also a big fan of my scars, I call them the mark of an adventurous childhood.

My nostrils look like little beans.

Nostril beans = adorable.

This summer was the first that I embraced my feet. I have my father's feet (but with less hair). My toes are long and can grab things off the floor, and the soles of my feet are rough and calloused from running around barefoot. Sometimes I paint my toe nails gold. I just bought a pair of sandals for the first time in years.

My eyes are a nice green color. Which is fun because everyone else in my immediate family has brown eyes. My lashes are pretty long, and get blonde near the tips.

I have skinny wrists and forearms that used to embarrass me, and I would wear dozens of those rubber bracelets to cover them up, but now I'm a fan of them. They have some pretty little moles that are arranged nicely, like star constellations.

I'm thankful for my back dimples. I think they're pretty.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:40 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

I love my curves. I have a hour glass figure that I am slowly learning how to dress.
I love my hair. I take great care of it and it is a dark henna red.
I love my moles. I have quite a few and it's fun to try and find patterns in them.
I love the curve of my thighs and butt in a pair of jeans.
I love my eyes. They are a cool gray colour with brown flecks around the pupils.
I love my wrists. The skin is really soft and my veins are a pretty colour.

Wow I was not expecting to be able to write this much.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:02 am 
Saggy Butt

This thread is an encouraging read in the morning.

I love my muscles. I've spent so much of my adult life wanting to be really skinny and harumphing about my "big" arms and calves, but I had someone tell me recently that I have a body like a gymnast and I thought "yeah, I DO!" I love being strong.

I love my long legs. They help me run fast and look killer in a pair of heels.

I love my skin. I've been lucky enough to never have any real acne problems and I like being pale with a smattering of freckles.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:05 am 
Bathes in Braggs

I just spent the weekend with three of my young nieces and two of them have the same body shape I had when I was their age - rounded belly, round face, plump arms and legs. I longed to be one of the skinny girls with a flat belly and bony legs, but I looked like my nieces and they are beautiful. It makes me sad for all the years I thought I was fat and ugly and no one told me I wasn't. (Just told me to stop eating cookies :-()

It wasn't until I started valuing my body for what it could do that I started to love it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:28 am 
Chip Strong

I think I am about to say something positive about myself....here I go....

I like my collarbone area and often wear v-necks to show it off.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:13 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

I love reading this thread! It makes me feel warm & fuzzy inside. Time to take the plunge:

I love the scar on my right cheek because it makes me remind myself of Captain Harlock, who is a BAMF.

I love my nose because it is straight & fits my face perfectly. I feel like it should be in a nose catalog it's so nice.

I love my pot belly. It's nice and round & pleasing to rub in a circular motion while making a wish.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:57 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

I love this! My mom used to call me and make me do this when I was getting in the shiitake. Everyone sounds super hot ;)

I love my hair. It is long, crazy dark and makes me feel like the queen of the world when it's all wild and wavy and causing a scene.

I love my feet. They're big and bony and I have finger toes, but they're useful for picking stuff up and I love being able to "hold feet" with the bf because my toes are so flexible and weird.

And my back- canvas for my first tattoo, narrow, tan, strong. Its always been my favorite part.

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.”
--Margaret Meade

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:15 am 
Level 7 Vegan

kallista93 wrote:
I love my pot belly. It's nice and round & pleasing to rub in a circular motion while making a wish.

This is the cutest thing ever, haha.

So embarrassing!" -just mumbles

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:29 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

I love my pinky toe on my right foot. It's the only one that can jut out and "wave" at things.
I love caressing my fingers through my hair when it's long and wavy. It's soft and nice-feeling.
I love the jutting mole on the tip of my collarbone. It's fun to play with when I'm bored.
I love my breasts. I've never once had insecurities about them.
I love my strong thighs, especially now that my grown-out leg hair is long, semi-blonde, and soft.
I love being tall for a myriad of reasons, but the best is being able to reach high things and enveloping my boyfriend in long hugs.
I love my smile and the joy it brings to myself and others.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next