| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Moisturizers with SPF?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:46 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Anyone have any recommendations for moisturizers with SPF? Preferably available at the drug store!

Post subject: Re: Moisturizers with SPF?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:48 am 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

I'm not sure where you live or what's available in the drugstore there, but I recently got Beauty Without Cruelty's Daily Facial Lotion, which has got SPF 15, and I love it! Not sure if BWC is generally available in drugstores (it's not sold here in Holland anyway) but you can get it on iherb.

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:40 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I'm looking for one too! My skin gets really oily in the T zone in the summer heat so I want something that won't clog my pores and break me out. I'd also like it to be paraben free, with an SPF30 if possible. I burn so easily SPF15 just doesn't seem enough. Fragrance free would be nice too.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:14 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Hm. I just sat down and googled parabens for the first time... so what's the big deal again? The internet has been all atwitter about how bad they are, but I just can't seem to find any evidence.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:50 am 
Huffs Nooch

I like this a lot , not greasy and good price point http://www.albabotanica.com/face/moistu ... pf-15.html

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:11 am 
WELFARIST!

Can anyone recommend one that's not only in most drug stores but is also cheap. Less than $10?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:07 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I love the Kiss My Face tinted moisturizers, which have SPF (10, I think? I'm not sure). I've never seen them in drugstores, but at health food stores (sorry, not helpful) and at Target. They're pretty inexpensive, too. I haven't seen them in a while, though. . . has anyone seen them lately? One of my friends said that she used to love them but thinks they've been discontinued, which makes sense but also sucks. They came in tubes (instead of big tubs) in maybe five or six shades.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:48 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Here is something with fancy citations that explains why people find them so scary-bad.

Quote:
Despite the media frenzy surrounding parabens, the published research and global cosmetic regulatory organizations are making that answer clear: parabens, especially in the small amounts used in personal-care products, do not pose a significant health risk. There is no legitimate reason for consumers to avoid cosmetic products that contain parabens. According to these studies, parabens are "fully metabolized before they enter the blood stream." In a review of the estrogenic activity of parabens, the author concluded that based on maximum daily exposure estimates, "it was impossible that parabens could increase the risk associated with exposure to estrogenic chemicals."

This is the important bit...
Quote:
The fact is that "natural" doesn't inherently mean safe and "chemical" doesn't mean dangerous.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:00 pm 
Hip Goiter

fruitbat wrote:
I'm looking for one too! My skin gets really oily in the T zone in the summer heat so I want something that won't clog my pores and break me out. I'd also like it to be paraben free, with an SPF30 if possible. I burn so easily SPF15 just doesn't seem enough. Fragrance free would be nice too.

Yes to all your criteria! I haven't found anything yet that hasn't made me break out (including just living my life) so...suggestions please!

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:10 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

anyone know about Trader Joe's SPF moisturizer? A lot of their personal care products are vegan//inexpensive.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:09 pm 
WELFARIST!

jaine-pie wrote:
anyone know about Trader Joe's SPF moisturizer? A lot of their personal care products are vegan//inexpensive.

It's my favorite. I use the one in the white bottle.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:44 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I wish the TJ's one worked for me! It made my face feel awful!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:31 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

lilyyw, the kiss my face tinted moisturizers have been discontinued. i loved them too!

i alternate between beauty without cruelty's spf 15 one and origins white tea spf 25. the origins one is great...it's super light, doesn't have that funky sunscreen smell, and doesn't make my face burn (although sometimes i think the anti-aging stuff in it makes my skin peel a bit). i also occasionally use philosophy's tinted hope in a moisturizer spf 20. it's the only one (besides the old kiss my face one) that isn't too orangey for my super pale skin.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:31 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

Mr. Shankly wrote:
Can anyone recommend one that's not only in most drug stores but is also cheap. Less than $10?

ocean potion face potion is spf 45, drugstore.com had it for less than $7, but i have seen it in stores too.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:09 pm 
Memorized Veganomicon

EllaGuru wrote:
I like this a lot , not greasy and good price point http://www.albabotanica.com/face/moistu ... pf-15.html

ditto'd. all of the alba botanica lotions i've used have been awesome.

(formerly known as wintermitts)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:31 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

beasknees wrote:
lilyyw, the kiss my face tinted moisturizers have been discontinued. i loved them too!

Aw, disappointing! I learned in another thread that the company that owns the Eucerin brand doesn't test on animals. Some of the Eucerin products contain lanolin, but all of the ones that don't have lanolin are vegan. Someone mentioned liking the Eucerin SPF moisturizer. . . I'll have to check this out next time I need moisturizer.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:38 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

lilyyw wrote:
beasknees wrote:

Aw, disappointing! I learned in another thread that the company that owns the Eucerin brand doesn't test on animals. Some of the Eucerin products contain lanolin, but all of the ones that don't have lanolin are vegan. Someone mentioned liking the Eucerin SPF moisturizer. . . I'll have to check this out next time I need moisturizer.

eucerin has an spf 30 & there's a cvs store brand clone:) avene has a couple of spf moisturizers, too.