| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3408 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 137  Next
 Post subject: Re: Running!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:07 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

i am going to go spend my last $100 on a gym membership because in this frigging icebox weather there is no way i am going outside and getting my nose frostbitten. i haven't gone out in a week, for the first time in A YEAR. However, being able to say that makes me feel really good (that it's been a year that i've been doing this madness).
So how long, i wonder, will it take me to get back to where i was? shudder to think....

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:46 am 
Bathes in Braggs

torque, if you only missed a week then don't sweat it (haha). I find a week off doesn't make much of a difference when you have been runnning consistently.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:11 pm 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

Another 50 minutes today! My calves are sore.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:28 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

I stopped at the vegan store on the way home (wanted to get soft serve, they were out!) and got a cinnamon bun--baaaad idea. White sugar plus white flour means a hardcore crash for me. I got home and got into bed, sure my run simply wasn't going to happen. Spent an hour reading things I didn't even care about til I figured, well, I can at least put on my shorts and go from there. Sure enough, I got out the door and had a hard but good run. And made so much better for the fact I had written today off entirely!

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:04 am 
Seagull of the PPK

thanks Arisaig! I got to the gym, and managed to talk the guy into letting me just run for half an hour instead of doing a muscle evaluation (not forking interested) so at least i got that.
the best thing (thread crossover) is that the kid is coming with me so she can burn off some of her stress. she wants to try couch to 5k as well!! (i don't care whether she walks, runs, bikes, etc, just want her to start getting into the habit of exercising).

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:46 pm 

Extremely hard 30 minutes today. I wonder if my period is coming, because there's no other reason: I ate right, the weather is perfect, yesterday I was fine... ah well. But I should still have 10 days! Besides sore calves I also felt a bit of a strain in my back thigh muscle (whatever the name is - femoral?) so I took it ever easier. Tomorrow break and on thursday the company run. 30.000 people!!!! It will take forever just to get to the start.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:04 pm 
Inflexitarian

It is ridiculously hot out today. I ran inside on a track hoping it would be cooler but I guess the gym I go to doesn't have air conditioning, so it was only marginally less like an oven.

I ran pretty hard for 4k, but then I just got too damn hot so I tapered off significantly for the last 1k. I beat my usual time by about half a minute though, in spite of the last bit being at a snails pace, so I think if it wasn't so hot I'd have made a personal record... oh well. Next time!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:00 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

It is going to be 99 degrees today. It was already 85 by 7am this morning. I did not run. I am considering constructing an ice vest and an ice hat. I MISS RUNNING. It's not even so much the heat as it is the stifling humidity!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:34 am 
Human Gravy

It was 80 when I got up and I have been having allergy problems and a sore throat so I decided I'd be better off running in the gym instead of dealing with the pollen and humidity. Ran 2 miles, stopping myself before my max of 3 miles/5k when I get extremely bored of the lack of scenery and lack of change in inclination below my feet.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:26 pm 
Double double, toil and trouble

Half-mile repeats today! Six of 'em! I've never been very good at speed, but I'm really enjoying this!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:53 am 

Thank god the weird and crazy hail/rain cloudburst broke our heat wave. I was able to run 6 this morning and hope to run 6 again tomorrow!

Thank you freak hail storm! LOOK AT IT.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:33 pm 

Yayyy!!! The company run went super well!
It was 6.2 km and I made it in 37 minutes and 53 seconds. Wooo! I've never run so fast!!!
Of course with 30.000 people and me starting in the middle, it took me 1 hour and 10 minutes just to reach the start. Especially because all the nordic walkers and the slow runners and the ones who wanted to run for fun decided it'd be good to skip the line and start in front of those who wanted to run properly, so we had to do a lot of slalom among them. Not fun!

Now I really want to do another run, but the next one is in September. Oh well!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:15 pm 
Inflexitarian

I was feeling angry and depressed for no good reason, so I ran as hard as I could as a form of venting and managed to do 5k in under 30 minutes for the first time (29m 30s)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:36 am 
Dead by dawn

Tea wrote:
I was feeling angry and depressed for no good reason, so I ran as hard as I could as a form of venting and managed to do 5k in under 30 minutes for the first time (29m 30s)

I did the same thing last year. Got out of a work training thing early and angry and took it out on the trail, running my fastest mile and my fastest 5k (at that time, anyway...) Bet you weren't angry and depressed when you finished!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:29 am 
Smuggling Raisins

I just started running. I'll be running my first 5K in September, and I hope to be able to run a 1/2 marathon in 2014, and a full one in 2015.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:12 pm 

A very, very hot 4.5 miles this morning, followed by a long walk home since I'm trying to be more rigorous about cooling down (as opposed to ending my runs at my apartment and immediately plopping down on the couch). Tomorrow I'm shooting for 14 miles and trying out the lightweight version of my retired Newton trainers (they'll let you borrow a pair for a week to try 'em out!), as my Green Silences, though awesome for speed work and shorter runs, are proving to be far too lacking in the cushioning department for my long runs. Hoping really hard that my ankle pain doesn't manifest this week!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:53 pm 
Inflexitarian

Did the Warrior Dash today. 5k offroad run with obstacles. It was held at a ski resort, so there was a lot of uphill and downhill... My time was 49:59.15

editted to add: It was held at a rather remote location and I needed to get to the bus terminal at union station very early in them morning to make it. Forgot the subways don't start until 9am, which was after I needed to be on a bus, so I ran 2km before even doing the race.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:46 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

An easy run today that made me excited for C25K ramping up significantly starting on my next run. I'm at the point where I have easy runs! I haven't been at this point in a long time.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:06 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

I ran a 4-mile race in a small town festival this weekend - 40 people in the whole race. The past two years I won my age group due to the small number of entrants, but this year someone beat me. But I ran my fastest time ever! 32:48! I've never done anything specific to train to be faster, but I think I want to try for a 25-minute 5K. Now I have to figure out how to do that.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:37 am 

I was woken up by a mosquito biting me at 5am, so I got up and ran 7 miles. The nice thing about running through a park in the summer morning is the lawn sprinklers that malfunction and spray on the path. God I hope there's only water in there and not lawn chemicals, but at this point I don't even care. It felt forking great.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:48 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

Ugh chafing just won't stop. Now I found a painful lump (cyst, boil, anyone know?) right below the underwire of my sports bra, close to where the other chafing battle scars are. I ordered a new bra, but in the meantime I hate this. Otherwise, a decent 6 mile tempo run this morning :)

"I can't help but feel bad for the Tofurky for having a beer can shoved up it's soy hole." --nickvicious

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:52 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

you guys! My marathon is on Sunday! I fly out to SF early tomorrow morning. Eek!!

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:00 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

my distances seem to be going way down lately (PMS, grumpy, etc etc) but I had a really nice outside run today, and i'm no outdoor runner (hate it). saw lots of critters and felt great, it was nice.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:32 pm 

lobsteriffic wrote:
you guys! My marathon is on Sunday! I fly out to SF early tomorrow morning. Eek!!

Go, lobster!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:05 am 
Smuggling Raisins

lobsteriffic wrote:

Good luck!!! You will do fantastic!!

"I can't help but feel bad for the Tofurky for having a beer can shoved up it's soy hole." --nickvicious

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3408 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 137  Next