| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1730 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 70  Next
 Post subject: Re: bisque about your period
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:35 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Hello first period since May, nice of you to appear conveniently two days before I go camping (started yesterday). Add to that cramps last night at 3:30a.m. so bad that I was up for an hour an a half of misery. Hopefully tonight and while camping it will calm down...I'm pretty bloated and ucky feeling, which is always good for camping, swimming, and hiking, right?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:36 am 
Ninja Master

I've had cramps that keep waking me up at silly o'clock and generally making me miserable for about 3 weeks now and I only just started my 7 day pill break today. At first I thought it wasn't period related at all but now I'm wondering if it's because I didn't have a break last month. Stupid periods blah.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:22 am 
Ninja Master

oh my god I haven't had a period this painful since not long after I went on the pill!

Note to self: never skip your 7 day break ever again - it will end in misery!!

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:42 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

So boring story even more boring, I had spotting that started about two weeks after my last period and has continued for a month. So I called my doctor and she said it may be cause the IUD that I have is irritating the uterus or thinning the lining or something like that, and she prescribed me estradiol, which is estrogen essentially, for 7 days. I also took a pregnancy test beforehand on the off chance that i was, but it was negative, so not that.

Has anyone taken this before, or know of if there is anything to worry about in regards to taking the estrogen?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:32 pm 
Flounceiad 2011

I am feeling completely wiped out by this one. I need to be doing laundry, getting organized, and at least thinking about packing for a trip tomorrow, and every single thing I do feels like so much effort that I need to sit down and rest for 10 minutes afterwards (I'm talking about stuff like taking a bath - seriously). There also does not seem to be enough food IN THE WORLD to satisfy me today. So now it's 2:30 pm and I'm sitting here in my bathrobe, feeling approximately equal parts shitty and guilty; it doesn't help that it's absolutely gorgeous outside. BLECH.

http://elizaveganpage.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:22 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

uterus, thou art mine enemy. for two days i have done nothing but sprawl on various pieces of furniture and eat increasingly shameful combinations of bread and fat. like, pizza --> triscuit and sauerkraut sandwiches dipped in vegenaise --> scoops of earth balance rolled in panko. oh, and also chocolate. but tonight i looked at the dishes in the sink and had some vague, fleeting thoughts about washing them, so maybe by tomorrow morning i'll start turning back into a human again.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:01 am 
Like Anal, But Backwards

I had my last period at a forking festival. I got it on the train there and had to sit on tissues until I could get off and get some tampons.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:58 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Urg. Why did you have to show up during Pride? I hate cramps and it's too hot to wear pads for the flood gate days when it's too much for the diva cup to tackle.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:11 pm 
Wears Pleather Undies

Laundry list for period:

swollen ankles.....check!
sensitive nipples...check!
cramps from hell.....check!
blood flow like Niagra Falls....check!

I hate this, and in addition to that, seems like my cycle is getting shorter. Used to be every 30 days, now it's every 28 days. This suks :(

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:29 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

I have super awful cramps. Also 10 people are paying to eat a fancy meal in my living room tonight. I wish I could go back to bed.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:54 pm 
Shopped till she dropped

My dumb period started last Friday. Today, I was having some alone time, but couldn't get off to save my freakin' life. I finally gave up, since I had to get ready for work, only to realize there was bloody bits on my vibrator. Gross. It's been over a forking week! Out, out damn spotting! Gah!

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:01 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Running out of pads+super heavy day=bleeding through tampons and having to change underwear three times. Gah, finally was able to go to the store tonight, but that was annoying. In other news, apparently shampoo gets out blood stains amazingly well. Who knew?!?

My period has been so forking irregular lately. In the past few months my cycles have been 21, 23, 31, and 28 days long, in that order. My cycle use to be 29-31 days like clockwork. what the fizzle body. I think I'm going to have to suck it up and go on birth control, I don't want to deal with this craziness anymore.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:39 pm 
Has gasoline in her veins

i am SO TIRED. AAAAGHHHH.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:02 am 
Seagull of the PPK

fork you period.
every one gets worse. i am seriously considering going back on HBC even though it was really bad when i was on it. Can't i just go to the vet and get spayed and then not have to worry about this shiitake any more?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:21 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

I get my period every month at the worst possible time. On my birthday, last month. This month, right before a weekend of festivals. And it's made my skin hell. Starting beyaz soon. Hoping it helps.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:07 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Over the past few months I've been getting shorter cycles than I used to, and based on that I was expecting my period to turn up around the end of last month. Instead it's just sort of hanging over me, giving me terrible skin, a very bad temper, and not actually arriving.

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:04 am 
Tofu Pup Forever

linanil wrote:
This is the place to let it all out.

I'm having wicked cramps and I don't start until next week. What the hell?

I get cramps the week before sometimes, I drink Raspberry Leaf Tea which is like a ninja kick to cramps!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:02 am 
Chard Martyr

dropscone wrote:
Over the past few months I've been getting shorter cycles than I used to, and based on that I was expecting my period to turn up around the end of last month. Instead it's just sort of hanging over me, giving me terrible skin, a very bad temper, and not actually arriving.

I went through the same, and now my cycles are suuuuper long. Except when they're not. I have a period tracker iphone app which predicts my period based on my average cycle, and it is always so wrong. I keep losing weight for some reason (seriously, it doesn't make any sense and a doctor's visit just confirmed that I'm anemic) so I think that might be a factor, but the iron pills I'm taking aren't doing shiitake. So I guess I'm just bisqueing about perma-PMS with no eventual flow. Annoying!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:41 am 
Like Anal, But Backwards

Madam Period, you are way early. Earlier than last month.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:03 am 
Not NOT A Furry

arishkegal wrote:
Laundry list for period:

swollen ankles.....check!
sensitive nipples...check!
cramps from hell.....check!
blood flow like Niagra Falls....check!

I hate this, and in addition to that, seems like my cycle is getting shorter. Used to be every 30 days, now it's every 28 days. This suks :(

This is my period exactly ! what the fizzle?!? I hate that I get it sooner
than I use to. I've had a 30 day cycle for decades. Now I've
gotten every 21-28 days. Once a month sucks bad enough,
I don't need it twice a month. Ugh!!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:53 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Here's my rant:
Has anyone else noticed that their cycle has sort of... changed as they've gotten older? I'm not sure if my changes are due to aging, diet (went from vegetarian to vegan 2-3 years ago) or some other external factor, but I know that it sucks way more than it used to. When I was in my late teens/early 20s I was on the pill and had like two days of light bleeding and no cramps, but the pill gave me crazy mood swings so I eventually went off it. Once I was off it the bad cramps/heavier flow returned, but it was extremely regular for a few years (always a 28-29 day cycle, plus I'd get in a shitty mood/cramps about 2-3 days before as sort of a warning). Now for the last couple years it's been a little less regular (25-30 day cycle), and I don't really get the warning PMS days either, so sometimes I'll just be out and about and be like "Oh shiitake, I think I just started bleeding and now I hurt like hell?" Luckily I have enough foresight to keep a little "period kit" in my purse (a few tampons, couple doses of ibuprofen) but the surprise ambush is really annoying. Also, I feel like my flow is staying heavier for longer. After I went off the pill it was only really heavy for the first couple days, then light for 3-4 days after that, but now I get I heavy flow for a solid 3 days and then light to moderate after that. When I say "heavy" I mean bleeding through a tampon in like an hour, which never used to happen. I used to be able to get away with wearing a tampon and a light liner on the first day or so, but now I've found that I have to wear a tampon AND a full-blown pad on that first couple days unless I'm in my house and know I'll be able to change it every four seconds. I've bled through my clothes more times in the past year than I have in the years since i started menstruating (about 16?) combined. And let's discuss the horrific cramps and the hearty diet of ibuprofen I'm consuming every month just to be pain-free enough to be a functional human being. Healthy! Oh, and those period-related skin breakouts. Thankfully they're not as bad as they were when I was a teenager, but it still sucks to get a giant cystic zit on the middle of your forehead.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:16 pm 
Shopped till she dropped

PMS is starting to make me completely batshit crazy, like in the I-think-I-legitimately-have-a-problem way. Not good.

Also, for the last several periods, my cup has been leaking more than normal. It keeps getting shifted around. I've been using it for years without many issues. Maybe I've started putting it in too high, or maybe my vagina is tilted somehow? Can that even happen? I don't know what the deal is.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:22 pm 
Impressive boner

I have sore breasts and feel like crepe.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:33 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

kara kara wrote:
Also, for the last several periods, my cup has been leaking more than normal. It keeps getting shifted around. I've been using it for years without many issues. Maybe I've started putting it in too high, or maybe my vagina is tilted somehow? Can that even happen? I don't know what the deal is.

Maybe your body is changing and you need to "upgrade" to the bigger size?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:32 pm 
Shopped till she dropped

Yeah, I thought about that. I turned 30 in January, and I didn't expect I'd need to switch just yet. Oh well. Yet another example that my body is older than my brain.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1730 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 70  Next