| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1632 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 66  Next
 Post subject: Re: The welcome thread for new members!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:43 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hi! Been on the go veggie road since February, made the complete turn to vegan 6 weeks ago. My teen daughter has Panic Anxiety Disorder and my choice was to support her metal health through the best lifestyle possible.( We're also GF for 1 1/2 years.) We're both feeling great. Looking for great, tasty recipes and ideas in how to be sure she's getting enough nutrition as a competitive swimmer. Personally, I've never met a tot I didn't like. But, they don't like me back :(

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:01 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

theCookieDoe wrote:
Hello!

I left for about a year so I feel new! I'm Fawn and I'm just returning to veganism. I like hot drinks and art.

Good to be back with you all :)

I remember you! You had a lovely brownie recipe that became a bit of a staple of mine, I think... Welcome back!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:09 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hi everyone, I'm Juliet, I live in Omaha and have been vegan since 2006. I had to thank Isa the first time I met her because her cookbooks got me through college :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:14 pm 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

Herro. My name is Stephanie and I'm from North Cackalackey. I've been reading John Robbins' The Food Revolution and am pretty alarmed/surprised by what I've read so far, so here I am. I'm veg on the road to vegan, though I haven't had the courage to tell my hubs yet. :/

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:36 am 
Tofu Pup

New here!! Yay. Funny thing about Tater tots is that i was at a pretty nice restaurant last week and they had an option of fries or tater tots. I don't get it. Who eats tater tots. lol. Ok so i am from Jersey and i have been a basic straight up vegetarian since my daughter was 2. she is 17 and went veggie 2 yrs ago. we have both decided to go vegan this summer and super excited about it so i was hunting for some new recipes and found you guys. so happy. looks like a lot of great stuff going on. Ok thats it i guess.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:32 am 
Tofu Pup

Greetings,
I have been vegan for a year and a half and vegetarian since I was 10. I live in manhattan and I have never seen more fur-wearing people anywhere! I love spreading the word about veganism and nutrition. I have discovered that meat-eaters are much more receptive to the vegan message than I had previously thought. They just need to be approached as a friend. Nobody wants to be attacked for their behavior. I love Isa's books. Especially appetite for reduction and vegan cookies...!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:05 am 
Tofu Pup

Navy, soon to be civilian, Vegan here.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:05 pm 
Tofu Pup

I'm 6 weeks into this journey. So far more vegetarian than vegan, having trouble eliminating cheese....IT'S EVERYWHERE!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:44 am 
Hearts James Cromwell

Hello there!

I'm Ally, I live in London (UK). I've not quite made the transition to totally vegan, but I'm getting there. This site has really helped - lots of tasty recipes with a minimum of weird fake food!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:03 am 
Tofu Pup

Hi everyone!

I'm Jo and I have no idea what a tater tot is :S

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:07 am 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

Hello there!

I've been lurking on the boards the past couple of days and decided I *had* to join this fun community!

I was a vegetarian for about 7 years in my late teens & early 20s, (ate cheese, eggs, dairy, etc.) then reverted back to eaten meat.

I've recently decided to follow a plant-based diet and made the change on May 1, 2012, going cold turkey. I will admit there have been a few times I have inadvertently eating animal based products from failing to read the label carefully. I do also at times still eat honey or products with honey in them.

I am a dietary vegan, not ethical at this point.

I am so excited to be here!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:50 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hi, I'm Fred and I'm new. Just stumbled on this site when I searched for free range kids forums and apparently there's a thread in the Playground about that. Looked around and this looks like a pretty cool place to be.

Full disclosure: I'm a vegetarian but not vegan. And I am a Libertarian. And a wife to a pretty fun guy and mom to one awesome three year old girl we adopted after fostering from 2 days old. And I live in TN and am pretty boring.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:26 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Are you an Angel fan, mayhap?

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:45 am 
Tofu Pup

Hello, I'm Jen and I'm new around here. Seems like there's some very awesome people in these parts so I figured I should join in the fun.

I'm 28, live in Toronto (although I'm not from there and I've lived in several western provinces and states over the years). I'm not actually vegan but I eat an overwhelmingly plant-based, whole foods diet. This is motivated mostly by health reasons but also a great deal by my politics. On the odd occasion I eat something non-vegan and I've decided I'm ok with that because I'm healthy and I'm still conscious of where my food comes from, even when I deviate from my normal nutrition plan. I'm a grad student and I'm out to prove that I can be healthy at the same time. I like dogs more than I do people. I have an Aussie Shepherd and he's my super awesome running buddy. I like to think of him as my mental health coach since he motivates me to get out of bed even when I feel like garbage, keeps me mindful of the present, and puts a smile on my face every single day. I'm into fitness as much as I am nutrition... I consider them among my best friends as they help me get through the stresses of everyday life. Oh, and I love music and visual art.

But mostly, I'm here because I love food and I love people that love food. On the whole, I find that people who are passionate about what they put into their bodies are good, trustworthy folk. So hello to all the good folk out there!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:04 pm 
Writes Vegan Haiku

Hello :)

I'm from the Netherlands, I've been a vegetarian since December 2011. I'm planning to be vegan by the end of this year. I've already made a lot of changes and I think I'm almost there :)
I hope to find the advice I may need here.
That's it for now. /wave

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:11 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Kaari wrote:
Hello :)

I'm from the Netherlands, I've been a vegetarian since December 2011. I'm planning to be vegan by the end of this year. I've already made a lot of changes and I think I'm almost there :)
I hope to find the advice I may need here.
That's it for now. /wave

More Dutch vegans ! :) Welcome !

Also, check out de Groene Meisjes, two very enthusiastic, positive Dutch vegans blogging about food, thrifting and their cat. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:13 am 
Tofu Pup

Hello folks.

I'm from West Virginia, USA. I've spent more than half of my 42 years traveling. I retired last year from the US Navy and am currently working for the NATO International Security Assistance Force - Afghanistan as a civilian employee.

I'm looking forward to networking and perhaps finding some more recipes to try when I am back in the US on vacation. Sadly, there isn't an opportunity to do any cooking where I'm located.

Cheers,
Daryle

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:55 am 
Tofu Pup

'Lo!

I'm Tara, newbie vegan-attempter. I say "attempter" because I decided to start this journey two weeks before taking a major month-long road trip with my family to the Southeastern US and avoiding dairy in everything has been...difficult. I've been vegetarian at various stages in my life, thought about veganism but it never really stuck. I decided to go "for serious" a few weeks and have been feeling awesome (and my newborn is not throwing up as much anymore - coincidence? I don't care!).

I'm still sorting things out because, like I said, I have a newborn (and am nursing), and three other kids (oh geez), and a firmly carnivorous partner. And I'm travelling. Which is crazy.

Also, tots are awesome.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:55 am 
Has Isa on speed dial

You know, I never did introduce myself when I signed up.

*sigh*

My name's Marisa, I'm a Southerner living in Quebec, I read A LOT, started a vegan baking business in a part of the world very much not known for being vegan-friendly. I want to be more active on the PPK boards--you can also find me on MetaFilter--because well, it gets sort of lonely out here when there aren't many vegan people. I was super active and involved on the old Barbelith board for a decade, made lifelong friends (and met my husband) through it, and would love to do the same here (except without the husband bit; that's taken care of).

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:30 pm 
Wears Pleather Undies

*looks around at all the peoples*

Hiya! :D

I'm new here.... I've been on the veg*n bandwagon throughout my life, with various bumps along the path, due to living in a rural food dessert, limited income, and other factors. Earlier this year I decided to recommit (circumstances have changed!), and I've been eating and living a vegan lifestyle successfully for several months now. I have done a lot of reading to keep myself going strong (especially with recipes and the like), but I thought I'd join up over here to try to get some further support, networking, etc.

I live in North Carolina with three boys and a relatively new husband. :) None of those individuals are vegan or even vegetarian, but all of those individuals are pretty open to trying new things and don't run away screaming when I whip out the tofu (in fact, my 10 year old has earned the nickname "Tofu" following his love of cooking and consuming said item). They eat veg several times a week as a result, but we have a "flexitarian table" for them as I try to encourage better food choices.

I'm interested in getting involved (in some way) with a Farm Sanctuary or other programs to try to make a difference beyond simply changing my diet. In the meantime, I spend my days as an environmental scientist, amateur gardener, and parent. Keeps me busy. :)

So, anyway, that's me in a nutshell - nice to meet you all!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:19 am 
WELFARIST!

Hi everyone! Welcome!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:55 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hi there,

I'm Mark i'm also a vegetarian since december 2011 like kaari, we started together, t'was her idea actually.
I'm really glad she has shown me that meat eaters deserve to slip on a bananapeel!
But seriously, really glad i became a vegetarian, and becoming a vegan doesn't seem all that scary anymore =)

Crazy? Some people think walking down the street muttering to yourself is crazy. I'll tell you what crazy is: crazy is walking down the street with half a cantaloupe on your head, saying: I'm a hamster. I'm a hamster. That's crazy. Leslie Nielsen.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:41 pm 
Tofu Pup

Howdy, folks!
I am transitioning to veganism, looking for support & good recipes. I live in the sticks in East Tennessee, far far away from any vegan convenience food. I am lucky enough to have a big garden & a teeny tiny HFS in the nearest town ( Newport TN).
Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:47 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Hi, for internet purposes.... my name is Daisy. I like wine. I'm officially a vegetarian since 13yrs old but I never liked meat. I used hide it and dump it later. I like wine. I decided to go the full hog into veganism 2 months ago because of my severe lactose intolerance and finding one too many babies in eggs. I like wine. My life revolves around my dog who likes eating my furniture and anything that I spend hours cooking/baking. I also spend a lot of time picking dog hairs from my clothes. I also like wine.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:57 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Welcome everyone! So glad to see you. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1632 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 66  Next