| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1079 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 44  Next
 Post subject: Re: A thread about LUSH!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:30 pm 
WELFARIST!

I've been using the Physician's Formula organic mascara (I think it said "cruelty-free on the label) and it's good. I'll try Lushes though when my bottle runs out and when/if I see some positive reviews for it!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:41 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

i used buffy for the first time today, and i think i really like it! since it was the first time, i think i might have overdone it a little -- i was trying to get to the scrubby bits and i had to work at it. now that it's 'started' (i.e., the scrubby bits are already out on the surface) i think i will use a more normal amount next time, but i am so soft!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:47 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I bought Imperialis yesterday because I was really low on Celestial but also it's felt a little heavy for the summer. I love it! Also, both girls working were with other customers so I had the blissful experience of just grabbing and paying.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:19 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

baps wrote:
I bought some Toothy Tabs, the Dirty ones. I love the idea of them but god, they taste like butt!

I've used them twice now, hoping I get used to them soon!

I read this, laughed heartily, then forgot and bought a box of Dirty Toothy Tabs. Butt, indeed. I like the idea of toothy tabs, and am almost out of the "Sparkle" flavor (again, butt)--- "Dirty" smelled like it would taste better. My nose was tellin' me lies.

Baps, did the tabs ever grow on you?

The "Each Peach" massage bar was a better investment. Smells nothing like peaches to me, but it works.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:41 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

Rebekah wrote:
baps wrote:
I bought some Toothy Tabs, the Dirty ones. I love the idea of them but god, they taste like butt!

I've used them twice now, hoping I get used to them soon!

I read this, laughed heartily, then forgot and bought a box of Dirty Toothy Tabs. Butt, indeed. I like the idea of toothy tabs, and am almost out of the "Sparkle" flavor (again, butt)--- "Dirty" smelled like it would taste better. My nose was tellin' me lies.

Baps, did the tabs ever grow on you?

The "Each Peach" massage bar was a better investment. Smells nothing like peaches to me, but it works.

I'm pretty sure they'll let you test them in the store to make sure you're down with the taste.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:06 am 
Not NOT A Furry

luckyklutz wrote:
I'm pretty sure they'll let you test them in the store to make sure you're down with the taste.

Ah. Yes. Wisdom.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:01 am 
Ninja Master

No they didn't grow on me. In fact I have no idea where they are now, I went back to regular toothpaste! hehe. Maybe I'll find them and give them another go.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:23 am 
WELFARIST!

I bought the toothy tabs as soon as they came out and at that time they only came in one flavor (dirty, I think) and I just can't get past how gross they are. At first I thought they were okay but you get used to them after a while and they end up having a nasty aftertaste and I can't get over the chalk-paste in my mouth while brushing. I just went out and bought some Natures Gate toothpaste.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:28 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Looking forward to the makeup launch party later! I want a red lip colour!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:53 am 
Not NOT A Furry

I too found the dirty tooth tabs to taste like a$$, are any of the other flavours much better?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:03 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Rosie wrote:
I too found the dirty tooth tabs to taste like a$$, are any of the other flavours much better?

I preferred Sparkle, but they weren't what I'd call "good."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:17 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Went to the launch party today for their new colors. The SA's were all so excited. I felt like a queen due to all the pampering I was getting. Anyway, I ended up getting the mascara and the black eyeliner, plus their version of foundation (forget what it's called) that's been out for awhile. Love the foundation!! No itching at all on my sensitive skin. It's a very bright color palette they introduced, and while they look like fun colors, neutral me would never be able to pull them off.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:25 pm 
Spent a night at the Bates Motel

Pretty stoked about Emotional Brilliance. Back in the day, LUSH had a sister company called B 2 Busy 2 Be Beautiful. Or something like that. And they made awesome vegan friendly makeup and fragrances. The fragrances have made it over to LUSH via Gorilla Perfumes, and now, makeup! Hoorah! Although since I left land of retail and started working an office, I barely bother with makeup anymore, but I love having the option and the ingredients are pretty solid.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:14 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

That mascara brush looks way too short to me, but that doesn't mean I won't try it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:39 am 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

mrsbadmouth wrote:
I really want to know how much buying the whole makeup collection will cost, so I know how much money i'm going to have to hide from Brian.

this i get. the husband saw my polishes yesterday and gaped at them (it's not that bad - it's like 10 more than fit in one of those plastic shoeboxes) and I was all "but they last forever!"

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:18 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Has anyone here used the solid perfumes? I pushed mine up and it went too far and when I tried to push it back in, instead of going in, it shmooshed, so now I've got like an inch of shmoosed perfume sticking out the top and I can't push it back in or close it. D'oh! Anyone had this happen and have any tips?

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:21 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

pff, $18.95 for that mascara seems really steep.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:27 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

How's the waterless shampoo powder? I have too many mornings where I don't have time/need to shower but would like to freshen up my hair. Or days in the summer where I'm sweaty but don't want to over-shampoo my (dry) hair.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:36 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Quarantined wrote:

The page says the smaller bottle has more product in it than most mascaras, though.

But ye gods, those eye shadows! And the lipsticks. $23 a piece. I think i'm going to have to get to a physical Lush store and give myself over to being swatched repeatedly before I even think about laying money down on this stuff. That's a lot to pay for something i've only seen the bottle and a few swatches of.

Also, their powder looks like it's in the same size jar as the lip scrubs, which is smaller than my powder brush. I get that they're trying to keep their packaging aesthetic, but that's gonna be messy.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:50 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

mrsbadmouth wrote:
Quarantined wrote:

The page says the smaller bottle has more product in it than most mascaras, though.

yeah, but how easy is it gonna be to actually get all the product out of that bottle? Plus I never really use every last bit of mascara anyway.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:54 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

mrsbadmouth wrote:
Also, their powder looks like it's in the same size jar as the lip scrubs, which is smaller than my powder brush. I get that they're trying to keep their packaging aesthetic, but that's gonna be messy.

most mineral makeup comes in little jars, so you have to tap some into a larger glass bowl or plate or lid. For people who don't use mineral makeup already and aren't used to that it's kind of annoying, though.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:00 am 
Huffs Nooch

More product isn't really a selling point when you are supposed to discard mascara after 6 months.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:47 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

EllaGuru wrote:
More product isn't really a selling point when you are supposed to discard mascara after 6 months.

yes, that too.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:22 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

here's another review from someone who actually tried out the products:

http://www.fleurdeforce.com/articles/223/

The only products I would consider buying now would be the skin tints, I think.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:44 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Quarantined wrote:
mrsbadmouth wrote:

most mineral makeup comes in little jars, so you have to tap some into a larger glass bowl or plate or lid. For people who don't use mineral makeup already and aren't used to that it's kind of annoying, though.

Their jars are reeeeeally tiny, though. Everyday Minerals uses a wide, flat jar and the one I buy is smaller and taller, but it's still the size of my powder brush. From the looks of it, the packaging choice is a problem all around. But I assume after there are enough sales to figure out what's popular and what's not, they'll scale back the line and change things around.

And i'm trying to imagine putting mascara on with that teeny wand, you'd be smacking yourself in the corner of the eye. If more reviews pop up telling us that it is the most magical mascara ever, i'd still give it a try.

That lipstick looks nice though!

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1079 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 44  Next