| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Vegan Ice Cream at JP Licks
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:08 pm 
Tofu Pup

I live right near the JP flagship store (I'm mayor on foursquare!) so I've been keeping an eye on the vegan flavors. I had them make me a chocolate hemp sundae for my free birthday sundae in April... with strawberries on top I thought it was tasty!

Right now they just have a couple of soy flavors (not a soy ice cream fan here), but I did have the blueberry sorbet when I went in with a friend a few weeks ago. Yum.

Apparently they're rotating hemp/coconut/soy flavors throughout the summer, but they don't have these at all of the locations.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:11 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

still haven't made it here either, what is wrong with me? For some reason I'm also never near any JP Licks lately. This weekend is gonna be a hot one again though, so I foresee an ice cream trip. (I did have sorbet at Emack & Bolio's this week and it was tasty)

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:00 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I had a scoop of blueberry sorbet and a scoop of chocolate soy ice cream, and it was fantastic. The chocolate is super rich, and the sorbet was a nice compliment.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:12 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I went to the JP Licks at Harvard Square, and the one at Charles Street. Both stores only had two vegan flavours: mocha, and chocolate. There was a non-dairy chai flavour, but it had honey. Not sure if these were hemp or soy (they were definitely not coconut). I thought they were both really gross--not creamy, not even tasty, kind of gloppy. Sad!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:19 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

I've gone to the JP Licks in Davis Square twice in the last week. I had the raspberry lemon sorbet and the chocolate coconut. The sorbet was great. The chocolate coconut was fantastic. It was the best vegan ice cream I've ever had. That may not be saying much as I've only had store bought and not a lot of it. It was so good that I was slightly concerned that they made a mistake and gave me regular ice cream but I thought that if that happened I would feel unwell after eating it but I did not. I highly recommend it!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:17 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

The last time I went (in JP) they had peanut butter hemp but it wasn't peanut butter at all - it was the plain hemp with peanuts in it. I ordered it without tasting first - big mistake!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:10 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hiya!
I work at the JP Licks in Davis Sq, and am vegan, so I'm kind of all over the new vegan ice creams (meaning that I'm pretty sure I eat more of it than we actually sell).
What I think is going on, is they're trying to have two different vegan ice creams as well as two sorbets each month...and I think they're trying to switch it up each month in terms of the ice cream flavors/bases.
I think that the coconut creme ice cream was the most popular, so hopefully there'll be some of that each month.
As of this month, there's chocolate coconut and roasted peanut hemp. (as well as mojito and lemon rasp sorbet).
Yumyum.