| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2698 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 108  Next
 Post subject: Re: Baby & Kid Updates Thread
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:29 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Oh, yay! Absolutely without a doubt, my favorite milestone so far for Freya. I think I posted it already here, but I sent a message to my mom when it happened and said that when I was old and crazy on my deathbed, I hoped that I died in the memory of that moment.

Soon, he'll be letting out those big belly laughs that leave him laughing for breath.

Baby laughter = the cure for all of the world's ills, I'm sure.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:22 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Yay! Peek-a-boo gets Will every time too. Baby laughs really are the best!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:23 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Grey laughs a lot, it is the thing that gets me through the day sometimes!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:35 pm 
Semen Strong

Absolutely! Yay Carlos!

Leela has a new laugh - a little Beavis & Butthead thing that happens whenever something is funny but not laughter worthy quite yet. It is amazing.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:54 pm 
Semen Strong

Leela's pincer grip is so good that she picked up tiny bits of dirt off the floor (to eat natch!). A great development perhaps, but also one that lets her now fling her noodles at me.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:42 pm 

Oh! We just had this happen tonight. We had pasta for dinner and when I took Freya upstairs to put on her jammies, there was apparently a little piece of tomatoey onion stuck to her dress that fell on the carpet. Lickety-split this child is picking it up (we're changing clothes on the floor), aiming for her mouth. She was aghast when I dispatched the onion to the trash.

A couple of minutes later, she is attacking my toes. I don't know what this is about, but she is obsessed with my big toes, wanting to touch them and lick them. (she's a strange one) I take a nearby hat and cover up my feet. She, I swear, looks at me with a big grin and then turns back, lifts up the hat, and starts wrestling with my toe. Object permanence....just like that.

It's going so so fast. Oi.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:36 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Zephyr went for a check-up today. He was 7 lbs 5.6 oz when he was born, 17 days ago, and he's now 8 lbs 7.6 oz! The nurse and doctor were so impressed. Zeph feeds like a superstar. He's definitely going to be the heavier of my two boys.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:54 pm 
Semen Strong

That is so cute refinnej! I kind of want to see video of her and your toes!

Leela is becoming very proactive about getting her boob milk herself. I used to carry her upstairs when she was hungry, settle in and feed. Today, as we're going upstairs, she was trying to pull my boob up into her mouth, then shimmied loose and down, latched and continued to nurse till we got into bed. And at night she just crawls over, grabs a boob and goes to town. Its so funny. We used to worry so much about latching!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:24 pm 
Married to the wolfman

The Magician is six months old today! Half a year! Holy shiitake!

He celebrated by bumping into like a million things head first. Whee.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:54 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Guess who just randomly decided she knows how to walk today. We hadn't seen any step attempts since the first one and then tonight she just stood up, walked three fairly cconfident, big steps, and then plopped down where she wanted to be.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:56 am 
Semen Strong

Malka is the best!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:45 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Yay for walking, Ariann. And efficient boobing, Tofulish. And six months, C&S (Carlos will be there soon!). That wonderful about the good weight gain, Bodhi!

My update: Carlitos is rolling a lot, all about his left foot, playing more with toys, jumping and playing in his jumperoo and.... He's getting a tooth! Now it is just a white dot on the gum, but it is coming! Toothless days are soon over!!! I brushed his gums twice today and he made a funny cute look, like it tickled.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:10 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

Lorelei learned how to wave yesterday. It is really cute.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dragonssister/7617253296/

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:34 pm 

Freya asleep in her own bed with minimal hysteria. Please let this be the start of something good.

Last night = absolute sheer utter hell. Flying, gravity defying pee soaking mattress/stripping bed/Febreeze/pajama changes x2 at 2:22 a.m. (I'm not kidding about the time), baby wanting to suckle literally the whole night long and then stomping her feet in a tantrum when I tried to sleep. Stayed awake sucking for 2 hours! before this happens about 4 a.m. Ended up sleeping this morning after a more real feed at 6:15, until ten to 8. I actually tried to come on PPK last night during the sheet changing drama as I laid her in her bed to chill for a few minutes. My Internet connection was dead on the phone. Tried to call sister, no answer. Texted sisters, no answer (one answered later).

I swear, I feel some days like I'm going to go all Bruce Willis in The Sixth Sense and find out that
Spoiler: show
I'm already dead

So tonight, may the gods of all that are good and holy in this terrifying world of parenting babies, grant me (and the other half) some small piece of peace.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:55 pm 
Semen Strong

Oh refinnej, you have my sympathies <3 <3 <#

I send you sleepytime vibes to keep the gravitydefying pee at bay. The spirit of clean sheets compels you!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:13 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

I'm so sorry, refinnej. Been there, done that, and it is so hard. Until he was about a year old, Walter would only stay asleep for about 20 minutes at a stretch in the evening until I came up to bed. I always felt like I was on a timer, doing the dishes as fast as I could so could finish before I had to go back up and nurse him to sleep again... It made me frantic. Then somehow he grew out of it, and now 6 nights out of 7 he stays asleep from around 8pm until 1 or 2am. So I hope that happens for you and Freya soon. What happens if her dad goes to her when she wakes up? Is she old enough to not have to nurse so much at night?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:17 pm 

Thanks, mitt. It does feel good to know that others have struggled with this same thing. Usually, dad going to her freaks her the hell out, but we're going to work on that after getting back from vacation. The hard thing with nursing is that sometimes she *is* hungry and it's hard to tell in the middle of the night, until she actually is at the boob. I think we're going to try a "not before 10" (or 11 or whatever) approach, as long as she's had a good dinner and pre-bed nurse.

Tofulish...clean sheets last night, hurrah!

Now, today, she is sick w/a fever, from her jab Friday I think, so I feel like a bit of jerk. She was fine all day yesterday, so I'm hoping that her behavior Friday night overnight wasn't her feeling badly. :( She's been out with the man for a long while now, while I cleaned the kitchen (which is actually very cathartic). I'm wondering if she's fallen asleep because they've been gone well over an hour. We knew we were in trouble today when she even refused to eat blueberries. (Seriously, this kid could eat her own body weight in blueberries). So glad there is only one more poke and then a break for awhile.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:24 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

After two months of ear infections and teething it is all over. Grey slept like a champ last night. He slept from 9:30-7 and only woke once! That has never, ever happened. Of course I couldn't sleep the whole time, but damn it felt great. And for the first time in forever my bdy doesn't ache from sleeping in weird positions and trying to nurse all night. I am feeling so good right now. I am really hoping this isn't a fluke and this is a sign of things to come.

Refinnej, I hope you guys start getting sleep as well!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:13 pm 
Built this city on rock and roll

Yay, that is so awesome, Littlebear! I hope things stay like this for you guys.

Lorelei looks so cute! Waving is one of the coolest things.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:29 pm 
Semen Strong

My very happy update is that Leela is doing so much better. After 2 weeks of really bad congestion and her sleeping pretty much all day and all night, today her front teeth broke through and she has been a normal little kid again. She had one nap in the car, but apart from that played all day and just went down to sleep now.

I am just so relieved and grateful that we seem to be getting better. Also, it is unbearably cute to see her run around with her tongue sticking out. She does it to relieve the pain on her tooth, but its so cute, because when she was 3 months old, she always had that teeny tongue out....

LB, I am so happy for you and Grey. 2 months of ear infections sounds like torture.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:33 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Yay Leela! I am glad you are both feeling better!

Grey is in his second nap of the day and he has been having a great day. Here's hoping tonight is as good as last night!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:45 pm 
Semen Strong

Oh hurrah! LB, seriously, I don't know how you did 2 months of it. I felt like I was losing my mind after 1 month of her just having a cold. Big hugs to you <3

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:51 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

After a brief respite, teething has begun again. Walter is working on the first of his two year molars, and I say bring it on, because the sooner he gets these last four teeth the sooner we are through with teething FOREVER. And the sooner I can think about weaning without feeling like a jerk.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:56 pm 
And you never will.

I feel you. It seems like poopiebaby has been working on his last four teeth forever now, and I'm just dying for them to come in so we can be DONE.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:03 pm 
Semen Strong

No joke. VoR said somewhere that it was just cruel that babies should have to go through something as sucky as teething for so long.

Her top two are popping, but not without having 4 weeks of drool that led to chest congestion and horribles. I am dreading the next set of teeth... Seriously, why can't this be easier on the poor mites?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2698 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 108  Next