| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2422 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 97  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Playground randomness thread
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:48 pm 
Semen Strong

How tall do you have to be to ride that ride?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:57 pm 
Married to the wolfman

48" by yourself-- but I think any height with a parent. (His dad. No forking way I'm getting on that thing. Mama doesn't do carnival rides beyond the carousel.)

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:04 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Last night, Lucy went upstairs to her room while I was downstairs feeding her brother. I asked her why, she said she wanted to change her underwear but couldn't tell me why because it was a secret. After she came back down, I asked her if she had an accident. She told me she did not but wanted to wear underwear that had something on them (so she changed from plain pink to obnoxious Dora the Explorer printed ones). Of course, she did have an accident which I discovered after she finally fessed up where she put the dirty underwear. I asked why she didn't tell me, and she said she didn't want me to be mad. So I'm torn between feeling terribly guilty that somehow she has the perception that accident = mad parents (which we had a long talk about, and I think she's good), and finding it completely hilarious/scary that she was able to concoct and deliver a semi-believable lie about why she took the actions she did (and old enough to change her clothes by herself).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:02 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Tofulish wrote:
OMG, the babywearing group I belong to wants to do babywearing LARPing. I am in love with the idea. IN LOVE!

And some babies have hair. Those freaky hairy babies that are part kitten. Like my wigfarm. Leela's ponytail is now down to her shoulderblades. Seriously. It was the only fun part of todays ped visit.

I was born with a head full of massive curls which only got bigger and bigger until my hair was almost as big as me. Carl was bald until he was--I don't know, but he didn't get a haircut until kindergarten. I'm really wondering how this will play out.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:55 pm 
Semen Strong

I NEED A PICTURE OF BABY DTBK NOW STAT PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE WITH SUGAR ON TOP!!!!!

The mixed race African American kids, I've met have so far all been born with the most adorable soft fluffy curls. Seriously, the cuteness factor is so epic, I feel kind of rude to Leela squealing loudly at some other baby.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:11 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I had a dream that I was at a party and poopiebitch was there, but her name was poopiebaby and she was 20 years old with shortish blond hair and kind of peppy and punky. Her baby wasn't there though. There was another PPKer there, but not a real one. The name started with wrecked or wrench or something. It was exciting because they recognized me as kimba and I got to meet two PPKers totally randomly. Then I woke up.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:22 am 
And you never will.

Hilarious! I wish I was 20 years old!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:25 am 

Yes, please keep telling me how big I am compared to people who are only having one baby, or to my pre-pregnancy size. I do SO enjoy it.

Disclaimer: I don't hate my body, I actually feel amazing, strong, and it's great that my body can do this when I didn't think it could carry even one baby. I just hate people commenting on it. All. The. Time.

Tofulish--I think I have some baby photos I can dig up in our office! :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:47 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Sorry, that's so annoying. I know it doesn't help, but people comment on all pregnant bodies, not just those with twins. Every single random person on the street who asked when I was due would be like, "Omigod, but you're so SMALL! Is something wrong with your baby?" Um, I appreciate your concern, but that's just mean. I got these comments up until the day before I popped out a healthy 8 pound baby.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:56 am 
Semen Strong

Wow Mooo that is crazyrude! I was massive and thought those comments were offensive but making you feel like something may be wrong with your kidlet is just cruel and horrible.

DTBK, post pictures of your awesome beautiful twin belly! I am so happy for you and I know you're gorgeous!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:12 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Someone posted on the PPK (I think) that the ONLY acceptable thing to say to a random pregnant lady (if you can't manage to not comment on someone else's body for one conversation) is "you look great!" And I so think that's true. You wouldn't walk up to some random non-pregnant stranger and say "boy! You look fat! I bet you have diabetes!" or "my! You're so thin! Aren't you worried you might have a disease!" or whatever, right?

The you here being the great unwashed masses, of course, not you-the-PPK.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:26 pm 
Dead by dawn

What is it about pregnancy that makes (some) people think you're public property? Seriously, people touch pregnant women without asking, comment ceaselessly on their bodies, offer unsolicited advice and criticism... Butt out! I swear, if I'm ever pregnant and some stranger touches my belly without asking, I WILL punch them in the throat.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:04 pm 

Ah, dtbk, I told my husband when well over 200 lbs with the bean, that I was going to start telling people to be nice or I'd sit on them.

PS...You *are* amazing! I carried one baby and felt exhausted at the end. I can only imagine the work involved with two!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:44 pm 
Semen Strong

coldandsleepy wrote:
Someone posted on the PPK (I think) that the ONLY acceptable thing to say to a random pregnant lady (if you can't manage to not comment on someone else's body for one conversation) is "you look great!" And I so think that's true. You wouldn't walk up to some random non-pregnant stranger and say "boy! You look fat! I bet you have diabetes!" or "my! You're so thin! Aren't you worried you might have a disease!" or whatever, right?

The you here being the great unwashed masses, of course, not you-the-PPK.

Or to any pregnant lady. It doesn't make you feel any better when your friends and family describe you as HUGE.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:24 am 

I actually never had a stranger touch me! But I got comments constantly.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:21 am 
Seagull of the PPK

Tofulish wrote:
DTBK, post pictures of your awesome beautiful twin belly! I am so happy for you and I know you're gorgeous!

+1 extra yummy!!

I heard all sorts of stuff like that... "you can't be having twins, you're so small, are you sure???" and then suddenly it was "oh my god you're frigging monstrous." whatevs. may as well use it as a learning opportunity to practice dealing with all the people who will comment on your baby's appearance, gender, size, color, feeding preferences, milestones and all the other shiitake that will make you nuts.
extra congrats, DTBK!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:44 am 

Today someone asked if the doctors thought my babies were too big. For real? And also, none of your business! (No, they don't).

Everyone carries their weight differently. I swear my butt is shrinking, but I am 20+ extra pounds of all boobs and belly. The thing that is really funny is that people tell you as if you hadn't noticed.
"You're getting really big!"
"Shut the front door! I wondered what that was kicking me in the ovaries!"

I'm trying to ignore it. Family is the hardest. Carl is doing his best to make me feel really good about myself, and if I feel good about myself AND my partner loves me no matter what, eff the people who say insensitive things.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:35 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Good attitude!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:29 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

i had a small taste of the chaos in which my life is about to dissolve. i was with a friend today who has a 6 month old. we were having this really cute time... baby's mommy was out of range for a bit and it was just me and tzipi and the baby making each other giggle and giving kisses and hugs and other ovary melting stuff. then tzipi kind of got overexcited and was sort of getting rough with the baby and i'm trying to calm tzipi down with one arm and hold the still happy baby with the other and thinking, oh shiitake, what have i gotten myself into. calm is restored. everyone is being cute again and not trying to strangle anything.

and then. tzipi announces loudly and with urgency, MOMMY I HAVE TO PEE NOW. and there is no where to put the baby down, and the bathroom at the place we were at has a toilet and no potty, and i have literally 10 seconds before tzipi pees her pants. so i'm holding baby in one hand, hoisting tzipi up on the seat with the other, and trying to drop no one in the toilet. i may have embarrassingly yelled for the baby's mother to save me.

so yeah. my new goal is to acquire a bouncy seat or baby holding device for every single room in my house.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:34 pm 

Good plan, lb!

I had a dream last night that I took an off brand pregnancy test and it was enormous and had a bunch of like survey questions and little windows for the results in addition to the +/-, questions your pee somehow answered. The only one I remember was "knows anything about art?" and it said no.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:21 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

A lady came up to me in the grocery store and told me she had a "psychic flash" that I need to get Walter's ears checked. Um, no thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:00 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Pinko wrote:
Good plan, lb!

I had a dream last night that I took an off brand pregnancy test and it was enormous and had a bunch of like survey questions and little windows for the results in addition to the +/-, questions your pee somehow answered. The only one I remember was "knows anything about art?" and it said no.

This is an awesome dream. My most recent Playground-related dream was that I was watching Carlos in the monitor and he figured out how to pull himself up to standing and then he tumbled face first out of the crib and I started screaming. My voice woke me up. (I scream in my dreams a lot and I end up making actual noises that wake me up with my heart racing. I do not particularly like that.)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:44 pm 

I have a random question about baby announcements. My parents wanted us to make some that they could send to family and friends. It's not really our thing, but I figured if it was going to happen, we might as well design it ourselves and make it something that we liked. I figured we should ask my partner's family if they wanted some, too, and if so, how many. His mom told me that she had to count up the people who hadn't sent us gifts yet, and that would be the number of announcements she needed. I was totally shocked and appalled that she sees this purely as a way of fishing for gifts. My parents wanted to send them to their friends and family who had pretty much all already gotten us generous gifts, just because they care about us and would enjoy seeing a picture of our baby. Am I really so naive to think that the purpose of baby announcements is just to share your joy with people you know? Do other people out there actually see this the way my mother-in-law does? It just kind of turned my world upside down that people would think I printed out cute pictures of my daughter so that they would spend money on me. Barf!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:59 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Mooooo, I have never been aware of any connection between birth announcements and gifts! I think it's pretty standard to send them to your friends and family... People who might like to know! Your mother in law sounds weird (but I think you said before she really is).

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:00 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

mooo, I think you should make two versions and make it as though the grandparents were presenting the birth announcement. That way, whatever their motivations, it is from them and not you. I never thought they were used to fish for gifts, but I can see how some people might do that, I guess. It seems weird.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2422 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 97  Next