| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 649 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: Chloe's Kitchen
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:54 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I just made Peanutty Perfection Noodles tonight and they were soooooooooooo good. Husband liked them as well and my almost 2 year old and 4 year old ate some. So overall I think it was a hit. It looked really pretty in the serving bowl too.

We also enjoyed the tempah piccata earlier this week too, although I have never made chicken piccata to compare.

And I made the marinara sauce and it was tasty. I used half the recipe and froze the other half.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:18 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I made the spaghetti bolognese last night. It was tasty but exceedingly rich. I made half for 2 of us and it's very rare I'm stumped by a portion size but I left probably 1/4 of mine. My husband loved it. I prefer mine a bit lighter, but it was good.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:08 pm 
WELFARIST!

^Ive been meaning to make the Spaghetti Bolognese. Since I bought celery this week, I think I should make it as I believe it calls for a base of her marinara which has celery in it (don't buy celery too often...)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:46 am 
Saggy Butt

I made the Mongolian BBQ recipe with tofu earlier in the week. It was very good, quick to make, and had a very sticky sauce. It is heavy on hoisin sauce and I think I need to try different brands as mine was very strong tasting. Perhaps next time I will try it with less hoisin sauce. Last night I made Southern Skillet Black-Eyed Peas and it was amazing. This might be my favorite recipe so far in the book. Of course my husband requested the garlic knots again with it. He's addicted to those things. Good thing they are simple to put together. I think next I'm going to switch gears and try the cinnamon-espresso chocolate chip cookies.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:56 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I've been making garlic bread for probably 25 years so i laughed at the idea of having a recipe, but I made Chloe's version tonight and loved it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:23 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

Has anybody made the chocolate walnut fudge? Opinions?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:39 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

[quote="PorshaJo"] Of course my husband requested the garlic knots again with it. He's addicted to those things.

I have been scared to make these only because I know once I do, my husband and child will not leave me alone about them. They are addicted to garlic and bread and I fear that I will have to make them everyday once I do make them!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:08 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I really want to make those garlic knots.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:36 am 
Saggy Butt

bree wrote:
PorshaJo wrote:
Of course my husband requested the garlic knots again with it. He's addicted to those things.

I have been scared to make these only because I know once I do, my husband and child will not leave me alone about them. They are addicted to garlic and bread and I fear that I will have to make them everyday once I do make them!

Ha. The good thing is they are very simple to make and they make a lot. I make half the dough with the knots and the other half with a pizza. I like the knots but don't want to eat them every day....unlike my husband.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:14 am 
Smuggling Raisins

I made the sweet potato gnocchi, it was really tasty!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:18 am 
WELFARIST!

Efcliz wrote:
I've been making garlic bread for probably 25 years so i laughed at the idea of having a recipe, but I made Chloe's version tonight and loved it.

MMM...I love it too. I get some really nice baguette and it's so yum.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:47 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I made the cinnamon-coffee chocolate chip cookies tonight. I made them "soft" style vs. her crispy option, and they're really great and really, really, quite sweet from the extra roll in sugar before baking. I had to bake mine an additional 7 or so minutes because they weren't ready to leave the oven yet, but that's just a little longer than normal for my oven.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:09 am 
Saggy Butt

Tonight I'm making the Country Meatloaf and Golden Gravy (minus the Orange-Scented Cranberry Sauce, as I can't find fresh/frozen cranberries in my locale), with the suggested sides of Guilt-Free Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Maple-Roasted Brussels Sprouts (these are good I've made them before) and Coconut Mashed Yams (well sweet potatoes).

Yep, it's feast night tonight at my house.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:12 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Um, Moo Shu Vegetables with Homemade Chinese Pancakes was a huge hit at my house! Even my almost 2 year old ate it up. The 4 year old didn't, but she managed some of the veggies raw while we were chopping and cooking. Husband requested that I make it again because he enjoyed it so much. Cabbage is in season right now too.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:40 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

Any suggestions for an alternate bean to use in the black eyed pea skillet? I've decided to finally accept that I don't like black eyed peas and stop cooking them, but the idea of saucy beans with biscuits is very appealing to me. I thought maybe white beans, but I'm not sure if they will be too soft.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:48 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

tempeh piccata and garlicy greens (kale) for dinner tonight gets an 8.5 from the hubs (yes, i have him rate meals on a 10 pt scale, the make again cut off is 6 or 7). he thinks it would be better with tofu but i think the meatiness of the tempeh works well.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:43 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

bcakes wrote:
Any suggestions for an alternate bean to use in the black eyed pea skillet? I've decided to finally accept that I don't like black eyed peas and stop cooking them, but the idea of saucy beans with biscuits is very appealing to me. I thought maybe white beans, but I'm not sure if they will be too soft.

I think white beans would be good as long as you are careful not to stir them too much! Garbanzos would probably hold up really well.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:17 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

i made the stout cupcakes with whiskey buttercream from her blog and they came out soooooo good. the funny thing is i didnt like any of the individual pieces but together they were great.
i didnt like the taste of the batter. it tasted so much like beer, blech. the caramel didnt taste anything like caramel, it tasted like earth balance and sugar. and i thought the frosting tasted like crisco and you definitely couldnt taste teh whiksey.

strangely enough all the pieces together were really good. the frosting still tastes kind of mainly like crisco but there is enough other stuff to cut through that. the cake itself came out really good

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:51 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

We made the Peanutty Perfection Noodles a few nights ago. I added tons of veggies so mine was more like a salad with the peanut noodles on top. I used pea shoots, extra carrot, and shredded zucchini. The sauce is super good, and it was easy to make. Will make them again!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:23 pm 
WELFARIST!

lindsay t wrote:
tempeh piccata and garlicy greens (kale) for dinner tonight gets an 8.5 from the hubs (yes, i have him rate meals on a 10 pt scale, the make again cut off is 6 or 7). he thinks it would be better with tofu but i think the meatiness of the tempeh works well.

Yeah, I've made the tempeh piccata and really enjoyed it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:35 am 
Smuggling Raisins

I made the garlic bread after reading about how amazing it is on this thread, and I'm so glad I did! I thought, what's the big deal, it's just garlic bread? But it really is the best ever!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:57 pm 
Spent a summer in Brisbane, hated it

I just made the Mac and Cheese recipe. Got the thumbs up from the kids.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:08 am 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

Just made the Cheesy Broccoli soup and it was a hit with the entire family and easy to make. My two 5 year olds and their 18 month old sister devoured it. It is definitely going on my weeknight dinner roster. It really was delicious! My only gripe is that it barely made enough for our family of six. Dh really wanted seconds. Thankfully I made several sides. It says that it serves 8, but it barely served 6 of us and my family is mostly little people;)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:57 am 
So Totally Yiffy

The mac and cheese and broccoli soup are the only recipes that haven't been hits with my family. I really liked them both, but neither the child or husband approved :P

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:01 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

bcakes wrote:

Kidney beans or pinto would be good!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 649 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 26  Next