| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2601 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 105  Next
 Post subject: Re: Baby & Kid Updates Thread
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:41 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

We had 3-4 weeks if serious teething and ended up getting one tooth. I can see two more, but those seem to have stopped moving for the time being. Ugh

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:48 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Freya slept from 830-230 last night! Mommy Jen had 3ish consecutive hours of sleep for the first time since a couple of weeks before her birth. Altogether, 3 wakes compared to 6-7 typically. Oh happy day.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:27 pm 
Married to the wolfman

The Magician now has 8 teeth and is working on 9 & 10 (the upper canines). He has also learned how to go from a crawling position back to a sitting one, so he can now crawl somewhere, find something to mess with, and then sit there and quietly mess with it.

Also, I had totally forgotten just how much danger a baby can get himself into once he can pull himself up to standing. Ah jeez. He pulls up on everything. He falls down a lot.

Oh, we are at his grandparents' house right now and their oven door is kinda reflective. He loves to pull himself up to standing on the pan drawer handle, then stand there bouncing and laughing at his reflection and giving himself big open mouthed kisses. It's great.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:58 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

coldandsleepy wrote:
Oh, we are at his grandparents' house right now and their oven door is kinda reflective. He loves to pull himself up to standing on the pan drawer handle, then stand there bouncing and laughing at his reflection and giving himself big open mouthed kisses. It's great.

Haha, Henry does this when we stand next to our mirrored closet door. Its adorable, he puts his hands up to the reflection of his face and goes in for big slobbery kisses.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:06 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Tooth #2 is a tiny white speck in the gums. I'm hoping this explains his horrible naps this week.
C&S-- I can't imagine 9 & 10!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:06 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Refinnej - that's amazing! I cannot begin to imagine how you've survived these many months, so here's hoping this is the first of many better nights ahead! And good thoughts to all the teething babies (and their parents)!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:17 am 
Semen Strong

How oh how is the Magician getting all these teeth! 9 & 10? Seriously a dental Houdini!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:55 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Daddy holding Giles.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:18 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

OMG, annasrobbie, how cute!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:28 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

Awwww! That is the sweetest!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:36 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

He is so adorable! He looks just perfect!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:45 pm 

I actually just squealed--what a sweetie!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:51 pm 
Semen Strong

What a gorgeous photo of a very beautiful little boy! Thanks for sharing!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:39 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

That is a beautiful picture!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:40 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

Love that picture!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:48 pm 
Chip Strong

Aw, Giles is beautiful!

Scarlett is 6 weeks old today and all of a sudden today she's been smiling at us when we smile at her! Getting a baby to smile is the best thing ever.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:16 pm 
Semen Strong

Yay for Scarlett smiling!

I think that sometimes the little milestones that you don't expect to wow you are sometimes so fun. Today Leela is waving up a storm. Changing her diaper - waving. Having breakfast, waving. Seeing the cat - waving. Its so cute.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:11 pm 

Yay Scarlett!

and omg Giles! I just want to kiss his little cheeks and sniff his head for that new baby smell.

Waving Leela...how fun! We're hoping that F's going to get it down soon. We get a little salute sorta thing going on fairly frequently now.

At my sis' house on vacation with her/husband and their wonderful dog. I am convinced that Freya is going to learn to crawl just so she can catch up with her (and when we go to my folks house, there will be *two* dogs). Freya is absolutely in love.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:49 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Oh my goodness. That reminds me of an Emperor update: somewhere in the past month or so, he went from being sort of nervous about cats and dogs to being totally and utterly terrified-- we're talking shrieking and trying to scale up the nearest adult when one even looks in his direction-- of them. This is making visiting his grandparents, who have a cat, somewhat less pleasant than it could be.

There was no dramatic triggering event and when I asked him why he's scared of cats now, he told me "remember when that cat jumped on Pepito's head and scratches him in the Madeline book?" Sigh.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:31 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

well maybe going to his grandparents and seeing the cat more will make him less afraid? hopefully?

wolverine claps! We never clap so I have no idea where he learned it and so fast but it is adorable. He also stands for a second without holding onto something and is learning to get off the bed backwards safely. He's like a little boy now. It's weird.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:35 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Carlos is six months today! I'm so happy.

It's been a bit of a rough day, having trouble getting him his naps and fussing. Gave him some rice cereal, but I should have boobed him first. He was into it and it was pretty cute, then he got too impatient and he pooped as well and so that was the end of that. I'm so tired of hearing him crying, it's so sad. We've been trying to get him to sleep in the crib for naps, but it isn't going too well. It's just that he is going to be too big for that Snuggabunny soon. I feel like I lost the baby manual. He might be teething too. I mean he is getting a tooth and drooling, but he doesn't actually seem uncomfortable from it, yet it is hard to tell. Now that he is rolling, he is rolling so much I can't keep a burp cloth under his head. So he is getting a rash on his left cheek from the drool on the sheets. I'm not entirely sure what to do about that. His six month appointment is coming up, so I guess we will ask his PA.

Back to the lovey dovey stuff. I love my little baby. He is so cute. I can't stop looking at him or taking pictures of him. I love his little cheeks. They just keep getting bigger and bigger. It is so cute. I'm also very excited that I made it to 6 months of breastfeeding! That was my first breastfeeding goal, so... accomplished! We went through a lot to get there. In the beginning I had to give him supplements, and was almost able to do it all with breastmilk, but had to use formula once. So he had 2 ounces of formula way back when. That's pretty good considering how much difficulty we had. There were definitely times I didn't think we were going to make it this far. Now that he is starting eating, do I use up the remaining formula? When do I use it? I am not sure. We got a 6-pack of 2 oz bottles and there are 5 left. My next goal is to make it the year (for breastfeeding). I am pretty sure, at least for the moment, that I don't want to go past a year. We'll see how I feel about it later though.

Anyway, Daddy is trying to put Carlos down for a nap now. And of course, Carlos isn't having it. The nights are going fairly well most of the time. Getting to sleep is the hard part. But generally he has been waking up only once or twice between 8pm and 6am, which is awesome!

Last edited by kimba on Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:40 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Oh, here is Carlos in his Snuggabunny. He is sure going to miss it when he grows out of it. I wish they had strap extensions, because he isn't near the weight limit.

And here he is enjoying his first "meal."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:41 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

OMG, he fell asleep in the crib while I was writing my post!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:32 pm 
Chip Strong

Carlos has the most amazing baby hair I've ever seen!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:40 am 
Saggy Butt

Kimba! When Sven grew out of the Snug-a-bunny harness we turned two of the straps into a waist best. I bought parachute buckles, threaded the straps through, and sewed the strap ends together by hand. If his weight gain keeps slowing we may be able to use that swing until the motor dies. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2601 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 105  Next