| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 669 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: Rupaul's Drag Race!
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 10:08 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

FINALLY. I never had a doubt that Sharon was going to win, but then again I assumed Mondo would win Project Runway and then they gave it to that hobag Gretchen, which is like letting PhiPhi win.

Also how amazing was that reunion? It's been so low-key for the past few years and Ru never comes in drag, I hope they keep it that way because it was so much more fun!

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 10:23 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I adore Sharon. This morning a number of my drag friends, though, were outraged that she won. They felt her makeup is not up to snuff and that (are you ready?) her act/gimmick/self had been done to death. I wanted to engage in a conversation about all that. But as I hadn't had my coffee, it would have been me saying nu-uh, and them reading me to filth.

That aside, Sharon was by far the best choice of the season. The only way I would favor Chad over her is if Chad had turned out more the whole season.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:13 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

I am so over the moon by a Sharon win! This is the first time that I feel the real winner of the season has won. I love Chad, but she's not "next." Sharon has star written all over her in a way that could really have her break out into non-drag areas. LOVE HER!

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:32 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

I think the thing about Sharon was, she just had this something special, a radiance/fierceness about her that makes me very glad she won. But I can see where kfad's friends were coming from, in that personally I felt many of her looks did bore me. But the looks that were good, were damn good. And her face! So gorgeous.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 4:43 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Yeah, some of her earlier looks weren't great (apart from the Rupocalypse one), but once she got serious, she brought it. This is the first time I've ever fully agreed with the outcome at the end.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 10:30 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Okay, so I've spent two hours trying to watch the reunion because the video wasn't loading well, so I've been all anxious and twitchy but I'm so so happy. Sharon just has such an amazing character, I love her so much. I kinda want a Sharon Needles tattoo, that's how much I love her.
I'm also so happy that Latrice got Congeniality. I want her to be my friend!

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 10:31 pm 
Nailed to the V

I loved when Chad talked told Pheefs that she lost respect for her once she watched the season through.

I'm happy Latrice is going to be a staffer on Drag U, I would want to do more work with her too if I were RuPaul!

I want to go to the reunion episode taping next time, that would be amazing. I guess they filmed three different outcomes to keep it secret still until the show aired on Monday. I feel like that'd mess up the emotion associated with being crowned, like, there's no way to cry real tears when it's "your turn" to film a maybe-win. But anyway, so happy for Sharon! I've said it before, I would have been just as happy with Chad winning, but when I think "next drag superstar" I think of Sharon's fresh (at least to me) style before Chad's perfect, classic style. Overall, it makes me happy that the show itself is becoming more and more successful.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 10:59 pm 

Yeah, i'm glad someone finally was like, "It's not an act, you're just a bisque."

Also I knew Willam's kick-off reason would be pretty tame!

Now we just have to wait a month for Drag U!

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 12:16 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

mrsbadmouth wrote:
Also I knew Willam's kick-off reason would be pretty tame!

So boring! I don't understand why they couldn't have said that when it happened.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 3:02 am 
Baking In The Flavor

I like Sharon, but her name isn't even original. There is another drag queen with that name that was even on Project Runway with Hedda Lettuce ages ago. It doesn't matter, Latrice is the best & is going to be on tv more anyway. Loved Chad. Screw Phi Phi. Willem shouldn't have been kicked off for such a silly reason, but it really gave him more attention anyway so all is fair.

My favorite part of the whole thing was Willem's new word, "RuPaulogize" & Ru's reaction to it. "Oh bisque! I am stealing that line! Look for my new single, RuPaulogize on I-Tunes."

I am not going to RuPaulogize either.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 6:17 am 
Nailed to the V

kallista93 wrote:
I like Sharon, but her name isn't even original.

Quote:
B.Michael Peterson: Where did your drag name come from and how has it become a part of your career?

Sharon Needles: I was never inspired by pageant queens I was always attracted to the crass I don’t give a fork queens. I thought Sharon needles was the most offensive play with words names I could think of. Unfortunately I should have done my research because Sharon needles is like a governor, there is one in every state. Sharon needles shows the non serious side of the entertainment industry and mocks serious issues.

Also, Latrice was my #1 the whole season. Then Sharon, then Willam, then Chad.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 12:44 am 
Baking In The Flavor

That's cool Sharon is aware of the issue, but I'm not going to Rupologize.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:38 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

mrsbadmouth wrote:
Garrick wrote:
Good for her! I think you're right (NSFW). I was probably just looking for it, but it seemed like she was hinting a lot in that video.

See, that could just be some pec squishing, i've seen photos where she has way too much cleavage to be from chicken cutlets. I even googled and I couldn't find anything. But her facebook page seems to hint towards yes, she posted definitions of the difference between drag queens/kings, transsexual, and transgendered and she appears to be dressing as a woman all the time, to take her stepkids rollerskating and what not. So. YAY.

She is! http://www.queerty.com/drag-races-carme ... -20120508/

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:08 pm 

Yay! I'm glad she came out, if you follow her facebook page it's pretty obvious but if she wasn't ready to talk about it, she wasn't ready. She was constantly getting comments about it so i'm surprised that she didn't snap and was like 'YES NOW STOP forking ASKING ME'.

In other news, I tweeted at Sharon and I guess she finally realized my twitter handle is a Return of the Living Dead quote so she and I tweeted a few movie quotes to each other. I love her and I want to have her test tube baby.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 11:30 pm 
Nailed to the V

mrsbadmouth wrote:
In other news, I tweeted at Sharon and I guess she finally realized my twitter handle is a Return of the Living Dead quote so she and I tweeted a few movie quotes to each other.

Yes, finally. I saw your 5-tweet back and forth with her...I was starstruck once removed.

Oh how nice about Carmen! I read today that the lead singer of Against Me! (Tom Gabel) just came out as trans. And not to hijack the thread (I don't even know who Against Me! is, hardly) but speaking of coming out as trans to the general public, I thought this was nice:

Rolling Stone wrote:
Because this is the first time a major rock star has come out as transgender, the singer made a point of speaking openly about it. "I'm going to have embarrassing moments," says Gabel, "and that won't be fun. But that's part of what talking to you is about – is hoping people will understand, and hoping they'll be fairly kind."

Maybe it's just because I've started watching Drag Race, but it seems like trans (as an identity and general concept) is becoming more visible in the mainstream recently. It's like the trans version of "we're here, we're queer" is finally starting to gain prevalence.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 11:06 am 

Drag U cast! http://www.newnownext.com/and-the-rupau ... ebook_rpdu

This photo was posted on the Drag U facebook:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hp ... 2314_n.jpg

I can't tell if it's just her makeup or if Raven actually had a nose job, but why is she painted up like that tanning mom?! Stop it, Raven!

Speaking of trans issues, I don't know if you guys know this, but VH1 had a season of a makeover show that was done by trans women on biological women, they still have all of the episodes up and there's a raver girl who looks a little like Isa after they do her hair:

http://www.vh1.com/shows/transform_me/series.jhtml

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:38 pm 
Nailed to the V

Oh RuPaul just loves Willam! I'm so glad. And we all knew Latrice was going to be on, but I can't wait to hear some more of her wisdom as an actual mentor.

I think the raver girl from that show looks like Isa and Terry perfectly combined.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:25 am 

They revealed the winner of the season five fan vote!

http://www.newnownext.com/rupaul-drag-r ... ebook_rpdr

I'm glad Adore didn't win, because she recently posted pictures of real pig hearts that she used in her act. She might end up on the show anyway through regular casting, but ugh.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:10 am 

So this happened.

http://www.projectqatlanta.com/news_art ... ?gid=11358

Not surprisingly, the comments on Sharon's facebook page when she liked to the article are blind support and people saying such incredibly smart things as, 'if people get offended by a word, it's their fault'. Sigh.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:52 am 
Nailed to the V

mrsbadmouth wrote:
and people saying such incredibly smart things as

'It's always the ones who scream "racist" that turns out to be the biggest racists.'

UMMMM.

This is frustrating. Clearly Sharon has her shock-schtick but now she's just acting stubborn.

Where are Chad and Latrice when you need them?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:46 am 

I unliked her fan page because of the fans. They're just parroting her words back at her and attacking the people who complained. It seriously upset me to see some of the things that were being said on her behalf.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:15 pm 

I'm catching up on Drag U. If someone ever invited my estranged mother to something without telling me first I would forking knife them in the face. Even if she said she missed her mom, it's still forked up to make her deal with all of the emotions of seeing her mom while she's ON STAGE.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:37 pm 
Nailed to the V

I haven't watched any Drag U even though I wanted to. I've been too busy with PLL and the glee project.

All-Stars cast has been announced!

I was really hoping to see Willam up there, and maybe Tatianna and maybe Morgan McMichaels, but NOT Mimi Imfurst...what is that? It looks like she's been doing well for herself, but I have a feeling she'll be the furst to be eliminated.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:48 pm 

Oh god. Here I go. I'm clicking and reading and prepared to be horrified by the choices or who's left off.

Okay, the only person i'm surprised by is Mimi. Besides her and Tammi, who I loved and am happy to see lots more of, everyone else got really far in their season, I think besides those two Pandora got the least far. I think part of the reason that Mimi did so poorly is that she didn't seem to be able to handle the pressure of filming and being judged.

Weird, I swear I saw Morgan in the blacklight preview! She's not my favorite but I really expected to see her.

One thing to keep in mind with this and Drag U, is availability is a factor. Just because someone isn't on it doesn't mean they were passed over, they might've just not been available for filming.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:39 pm 
Nailed to the V

Well they'd better MAKE themselves available! I like pretty much everyone here, but I think I'll be all about Latrice again this season. And I wouldn't mind seeing some more Babyface. I always get the impression that Pandora is Ru's favorite, so that's who I would predict to win right now.

Reply to topic  [ 669 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 27  Next