| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2536 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 102  Next
 Post subject: Re: Baby & Kid Updates Thread
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:14 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I found baby pictures from when my first son was little, and came across a picture of him wearing a little starry baby outfit when he was about four months old. Zephyr (new baby) is four weeks old tomorrow, and he already outgrew that outfit! I think it might have shrunk a little bit, but not THAT much. This little guy is definitely bigger! But otherwise, as babies, they look so similar! It's super cute.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:36 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

mandycoot wrote:
Kimba! When Sven grew out of the Snug-a-bunny harness we turned two of the straps into a waist best. I bought parachute buckles, threaded the straps through, and sewed the strap ends together by hand. If his weight gain keeps slowing we may be able to use that swing until the motor dies. :)

Genius!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:29 pm 
***LIES!!!***

We have that high chair toy! It has bought us several valuable minutes in restaurants.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:01 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

Ada had her 15 month check up this week and is 26 lbs and 32.5 in! And I had to buy her a size 7 shoe this week which just seems huge to me. She is currently working on her canine teeth (I can see one of the top ones about to poke through) and I'm hoping we get a teething break after that since she'll only have her second molars left. She is saying a bunch of words (and talking a lot about who knows what) and points to everything because she wants us to say what it is. In the last few days she has started wanting to sit in a regular chair at the table to eat which has been surprisingly not too messy. She has also started dancing whenever we sing, or music is on, or she sings to herself. Oh, she is also says "no" a lot now. But she does this whole waving her arms thing when she says it. She makes it very clear that she means no! It's actually kind of cool though because she is able to voice her opinion about things. She also nods her head and says yes when she does wants something. It is just amazing to me how independent she is becoming and how quickly she is learning things.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:20 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Izzy has become a super picky eater - worst phase ever. But last night he tried roasted potatoes - he liked those, kale - he said he liked it, though he only ate one little piece, and isa's punk rock gravy, which he used a spoon to taste. Usually when we ask him to try something, he freaks out, and lately he would just scream, then cry. (We never force him to eat/finish anything either. We only ask him to try new things on his plate - one bite.) Biggest success last night. Yay! Until he decided not to eat very much and ask for macaroni instead. But seriously, such a big accomplishment for him.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:56 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

sashi wrote:
Ada had her 15 month check up this week and is 26 lbs and 32.5 in! And I had to buy her a size 7 shoe this week which just seems huge to me. She is currently working on her canine teeth (I can see one of the top ones about to poke through) and I'm hoping we get a teething break after that since she'll only have her second molars left. She is saying a bunch of words (and talking a lot about who knows what) and points to everything because she wants us to say what it is. In the last few days she has started wanting to sit in a regular chair at the table to eat which has been surprisingly not too messy. She has also started dancing whenever we sing, or music is on, or she sings to herself. Oh, she is also says "no" a lot now. But she does this whole waving her arms thing when she says it. She makes it very clear that she means no! It's actually kind of cool though because she is able to voice her opinion about things. She also nods her head and says yes when she does wants something. It is just amazing to me how independent she is becoming and how quickly she is learning things.

Oh my Lard, she and Freya are the same size nearly! (25+lbs and 31 inches and a bit) I forget how big my little giant is sometimes. Just this week, I thought that when one of the (many many many) comments about her size come my way, I can say it's because she's a vegan (why have I never thought of that before?).

Anyway, I love that toddler age you're describing where everything is extremely animated and often dramatic. I don't know how many under threes I've worked with in the past ten years (taught preschool before that), and that just-over-a-year time is still one of my favorites.

On the Freya front, I think first laugh may have been usurped today in the race for favorite developmental moment. We had a word, a discernable clear first word! Going to take a nap this afternoon, she's all animated and giggly when seeing her dad, who's been away for a few days until yesterday. She's squirming around and smiling at him in my arms and then, from nowhere, clear as a bell..."Pa-pa"! Yikes. It was like an hour ago and my eyes are still watering.

It's going so fast.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:29 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I haven't updated anything in a long time, but in the past few months, the most magical thing happened. Silas seems to have gotten past the last of his sensory issues and finally loves food! He eats nearly anything now! Every time he is excited to try something new, I swear I want to cry. All the effort and patience have finally paid off.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:26 am 
Semen Strong

What an amazing update! I am so very happy for all of you that all that hard work and patience has paid off! Silas is an amazing dude with the very best grin ever, and its so good to know that he loves food!

YAY MAMA!!!!

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:11 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Tofulish wrote:
What an amazing update! I am so very happy for all of you that all that hard work and patience has paid off! Silas is an amazing dude with the very best grin ever, and its so good to know that he loves food!

YAY MAMA!!!!

Thanks Tofulish <3

There was a point where we were pushing for second opinion testing for autism spectrum because of his speech delay and sensory issues, and you just would never know that by seeing him today. I feel like this last hurdle (texture and smells of food) was the biggest and most difficult, so it feels so good to have it behind us.

Yesterday his grandma offered him French fries (one of his few previously approved foods) and he said "No thank you. Do you have pinto beans? I love pinto beans!!!", then he looked at her spices and asked for "some ingredients to put on them" and I am still reeling from it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:37 am 
Semen Strong

+1 yummy! Okay, that is amazing and too cute for words.

I am seriously grinning in happiness for you guys. <3 <3 <3

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:01 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Kelly wrote:
Tofulish wrote:

YAY MAMA!!!!

Thanks Tofulish <3

There was a point where we were pushing for second opinion testing for autism spectrum because of his speech delay and sensory issues, and you just would never know that by seeing him today. I feel like this last hurdle (texture and smells of food) was the biggest and most difficult, so it feels so good to have it behind us.

Yesterday his grandma offered him French fries (one of his few previously approved foods) and he said "No thank you. Do you have pinto beans? I love pinto beans!!!", then he looked at her spices and asked for "some ingredients to put on them" and I am still reeling from it.

That is so awesome, Kelly!!! Turning down french fries for pinto beans! Love love love this. Yeah Silas!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:26 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

I haven't posted anything about the kids in SO long.

Henry is 11 1/2 yrs old. Will start middle school in Sept, LOVES Dungeons and Dragons, still loves his comic books, has sprouted under arm hairs (gasp!!!), and still drives me crazy with his dislike of most food that I make. One day...one day he will be so hungry from growing, he'll eat everything. I know it will happen. :) He's a typical sibling to his little sister, protects her to no end out in public but wants her out of his stuff at home. So all is right on track. ;)

Lily is 4 1/2 yrs old. She is going into one more year of preschool and really excited to get back to school. It is her favorite place. Her favorite activities are art and cooking. Who's a proud momma?!?! I love cooking with her. She will taste all spices/herbs before they go into the food to see what it tastes like on their own. She asks questions all the time, of course, and her favorite topic to ask about is death or how do you make babies. Interesting conversations are happening in our place. She has learned to put herself to sleep and stays in her bed most of the night, which has helped me get some much needed sleep. Lily is super sweet and thoughtful.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:49 pm 
And you never will.

Peter had his 2 year checkup today (a month late, but whatever), and he's had a growth spurt! I can't believe my little baby, who was in the 5th percentile at one year old, is now in the 50th percentile for height and weight! He weighs 28 pounds, is 35 inches tall, and has 18 teeth. He speaks in 2-3 word sentences, loves brushing his teeth, and his favorite foods are samosas, noodles, and broccoli. He also enjoys (decaf) coffee and hot tea. He's a good eater and he still breastfeeds very frequently. He gives hugs and kisses freely and loves to help with anything and everything. He's awesome and happy and clever and sweet, and I love him.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:12 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

poopiebitch wrote:
Peter had his 2 year checkup today (a month late, but whatever), and he's had a growth spurt! I can't believe my little baby, who was in the 5th percentile at one year old, is now in the 50th percentile for height and weight! He weighs 28 pounds, is 35 inches tall, and has 18 teeth. He speaks in 2-3 word sentences, loves brushing his teeth, and his favorite foods are samosas, noodles, and broccoli. He also enjoys (decaf) coffee and hot tea. He's a good eater and he still breastfeeds very frequently. He gives hugs and kisses freely and loves to help with anything and everything. He's awesome and happy and clever and sweet, and I love him.

Aw, Peter is awesome! We need more pictures of him. This morning I was telling Walter how much Peter loves brushing his teeth, hoping a little peer pressure would convince him to stop squirming, but to no avail.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:04 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Malka said a word last night! A for real, meaningful word! The word was "ball"!

She was pointing at the ball and then started shouting, "BALL!! BALL BALL BALL!!!!! ....BALL!" and continued pointing meaningfully and emphatically.

So we had a whole conversation about the ball:
Malka: BALL!
Me: Ball? Yes, ball!
Malka: BALL BALL BALL!!!
Me: Where's the ball? Bring the ball! Let's play with the ball!
Malka: BAAALLL! BALL BALL BALL BA BA BA BA!

Then I think her brain short-circuited from excitement.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:23 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

That's so cute, Ariann!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:47 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Cool, Ariann! I can't wait for language!

We had Will's 6 month appt this morning, 19#1oz and 27". He was super smiley and chatty. In between questions the doc kept saying, "at least he's happy!" Seriously, I feel like at 6 months he is more fun to be around everyday!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:41 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

erin32mc wrote:

Henry is 11 1/2 yrs old. Will start middle school in Sept, LOVES Dungeons and Dragons, still loves his comic books, has sprouted under arm hairs (gasp!!!), and still drives me crazy with his dislike of most food that I make. One day...one day he will be so hungry from growing, he'll eat everything. I know it will happen. :) He's a typical sibling to his little sister, protects her to no end out in public but wants her out of his stuff at home. So all is right on track. ;)

Lily is 4 1/2 yrs old. She is going into one more year of preschool and really excited to get back to school. It is her favorite place. Her favorite activities are art and cooking. Who's a proud momma?!?! I love cooking with her. She will taste all spices/herbs before they go into the food to see what it tastes like on their own. She asks questions all the time, of course, and her favorite topic to ask about is death or how do you make babies. Interesting conversations are happening in our place. She has learned to put herself to sleep and stays in her bed most of the night, which has helped me get some much needed sleep. Lily is super sweet and thoughtful.

Aww! So glad you see you around here, I miss hearing about Henry and Lily! They sound like they are growing into awesome kids <3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:16 pm 
Semen Strong

Yay for all the awesome updates!

And OMG Ariann, BALL! Its kind of amazing that there are all these words that they understand and that they are going to start spilling out one day!

Leela keeps saying "Up" when she wants out of somewhere, but its still hard for us to really identify if it is used as a word or just repeated sound. When she really wants out, she accompanies it with rollercoaster arms thrown over her head.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:48 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Kelly wrote:
erin32mc wrote:

Aww! So glad you see you around here, I miss hearing about Henry and Lily! They sound like they are growing into awesome kids <3

Thanks Kelly. Sadly I was working at a place without internet connections, so I lost touch. But I am back at a place that allows me to connect....yeah!!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:47 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Babynut is crawling now! My life will no longer be the same. I'm wondering will she ever want to go in her jumperoo again? It's like an exersaucer. Should I just put it away? She has screamed the few times I have tried it. Sigh.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:04 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I'm pretty sure we continued to use ours for a little while longer. But pretty sure it was not right away, since practicing crawling was more entertaining to him at the time. Maybe once the excitement of becoming independently mobile wears down, she'll be interested again?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:02 pm 
***LIES!!!***

We dismantled our jumperoo and put the top of it down on the ground. Malka will still crawl into the seat part and play with the attached toys. She also had a lot of fun cruising around the outside of it all together, but you have to watch them carefully since it moves around and it takes them awhile to get that.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:21 pm 
Semen Strong

We still have ours up. Leela cruises around and doesn't want to spend a lot of time in it, but its nice to be able to put her in for a few minutes for a quick chore or two. Then again, we have the space (and we use it to as part of the partition to block off our dining room).

But way more important, HURRAH for BBnut crawling! So psyched to see her on Sunday!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:37 pm 
Married to the wolfman

It's been almost 4 weeks since we were home, but the Magician had been crawling several weeks before we left and he was still tolerating/enjoying his exersaucer thing!

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2536 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 102  Next