| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7765 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203 ... 311  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pregnancy Updates Thread
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:15 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

ShannonLea wrote:
designedtobekind wrote:
You look great, ShannonLea and littlebird! ShannonLea, is that shirt from ON? I think I'm wearing the same one, but in a different color in my photo. Sorry to hear you're uncomfortable, but it's awesome that you made it to 37 weeks!

Thanks! Yes, it is from ON. I got a lot of maternity t-shirts from them for summer.

I had an ultrasound yesterday and the twins are looking great and estimated at just over 7 pounds each! At this point, I am ready to have them. My doc did a cervical check yesterday and I was almost at 3 cm. She swept the membranes, but so far nothing appears to be happening. I really want to labor to come soon, because if I get to 39 weeks she will want to induce me. And I want to avoid pitocin if at all possible.

Oh wow, that is so awesome for twins - 7 pounds! At least, I think it is. That's 14 pounds of baby! Good luck.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:40 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

I'm so scared I'm going into premature labor :(. It isn't rational- I am not having more than normal BH contractions, I haven't lost my mucus plug, and I haven't had my water break. But my pelvis feels so loose, I am in so much pain, my stomach hurts, my back hurts, I can't stop crying, I'm exhausted but I can't sleep, I feel super hungry all the time and I'm eating a lot but I feel naseous constantly... I wish I was at home and I wish my sweetheart was here with me.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:13 pm 
Semen Strong

Oh poor you mapmapmap!!!! Sending tons of good thoughts to you for a more comfortable time. How long do you have left now?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:31 pm 

i'm 35+2.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:53 pm 

Aww, I wish your sweetheart were with you too, mapmapmap. That must be so hard! For what it's worth, I felt pretty lousy right around 35 weeks, and I'm not sure what changed (hormones shifting?) but I feel better now at almost 38 weeks. I hope things improve for you!

ShannonLea, I can't get over your awesome baby-growing power! Seven pounds each is HOLY crepe AMAZINGNESS! Sending you good labor vibes.

Sending you good labor vibes, too, butterbobbin!
butterbobbin wrote:
I'm POSITIVE this baby plans to play games until, oh, 5 minutes before it's born. Then it'll be like Oh Hi Here I Am.

I feel this way about my little one, too. In fact, if I could figure out how to get the hell out of the way and let her do the whole labor and birth thing herself, I would.

I had my first and hopefully only NST today and everything was totally normal. Amniotic fluid looks great, my blood pressure is great, and baby passed her test with flying colors. I see my midwife tomorrow, and then—if there's still a baby up in my parts—they'll check her growth in a week.

In the meantime, I'm having LOTS of belly-squeezy feelings.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:53 am 

Good luck ShannonLea! Good luck Noelle! Hope everything happens as quickly and beautifully as it can for your health and the health of your little ones! I slept GREAT last night for 8 hours, only woke up to pee twice, and I feel 1 million times better. I am staying home from my conference today because it is 29C outside and there is no air flow in the conference room and I just can't deal. A kind of sick day, I guess. My sweetheart is meeting me in Berlin tomorrow night, so just two more days without him. I can totally do this.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:28 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

So many babies are coming soon! ShannonLea, 7 lbs each is amazing! I hope they decide to come out and greet you before your induction date.

That's great, Noelle--I hope everything continues to go smoothly. mapmapmap, glad you're feeling better. I think staying out of the heat is a good idea.

So, I'm seeing a different OB next week. My original OB left the practice and doesn't take my insurance now, and the woman I saw last month, I just didn't like at all. So, I'm seeing a different doctor Tuesday.

I've felt great so far, and my cervix has shown no signs of shortening, my thyroid levels are improving each month, and other than the partial placenta previa, I've had no problems. I'm not as active as before, but I walk as much as I can, and I walked several miles last weekend and felt great.

***Long rant***I've had time to think about it, and I didn't really like her little off-hand comments about how "People see twins and think...oh that's cute, but..." I really, really didn't plan on twins, but I am happy now, and anyway, what is she suggesting? Also, she'd basically just decided to schedule me for a c-section at 36 or 37 weeks, and told me not to count on them both being vertex. So, even if I do end up having a c-section, why wouldn't they let me go longer, especially if I, and the babies are healthy? I'm going with my gut on this one and seeing someone else. I don't want this woman coming after me with a scalpel or touching my babies unless necessary. Dr.'s and patients are supposed to have a relationship, and I'm not going to just sit and take what she tells me without questioning.***end of rant***

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:33 am 
***LIES!!!***

DTBK, run away from that OB!!! Anyone scheduling a C-section for a first time mom (without super clear indications like you're already 38 weeks and breech or you have placenta previa or whatever) is scary. Lots of moms of twins have vaginal births and it's more likely to happen if you're with an OB who supports it to begin with! Scheduling a C-section without medical indication is the opposite of supporting vaginal birth.

ETA: And I know twins usually come a little early, but it seems insane to me that doctors don't follow the same guidelines when scheduling twins C-sections/inductions as they do for singletons - 39 weeks minimum! Isn't delivering 36-week twins just asking for NICU time?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:54 am 
Married to the wolfman

DTBK, I would run like hell from that doctor too. Hope you have better luck with the next one!

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:26 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Oh man, I so sympathize, DTBK. I thought I liked my OB, but then I got pregnant with twins... Can't type more because my toddler is calling, but I hope you find someone you like!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:13 pm 

Ariann wrote:
DTBK, run away from that OB!!! Anyone scheduling a C-section for a first time mom (without super clear indications like you're already 38 weeks and breech or you have placenta previa or whatever) is scary. Lots of moms of twins have vaginal births and it's more likely to happen if you're with an OB who supports it to begin with! Scheduling a C-section without medical indication is the opposite of supporting vaginal birth.

ETA: And I know twins usually come a little early, but it seems insane to me that doctors don't follow the same guidelines when scheduling twins C-sections/inductions as they do for singletons - 39 weeks minimum! Isn't delivering 36-week twins just asking for NICU time?

Well, twins tend to come a little earlier, and there are a lot of different studies out there about the optimum time to deliver twins, but 37 weeks seems to be about average. Some women can definitely go all the way to 40 weeks, though. There's a spectrum, just like with singletons.

Sometimes twins can be born at 35-36 weeks, and if their lungs are fully developed, they won't necessarily spend time in the NICU, but 36 weeks still seems really early to just arbitrarily take them, especially without any indication of distress on my part or theirs.

I am really, really grateful for science, and I know twins aren't the "norm", but good grief, it isn't as if people haven't been having them since the dawn of man.

I <3 you guys. I would seriously be doubting myself, or be way more stressed out without other reasonable parents to talk to.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:23 pm 

That's interesting, dtbk, about 37 weeks being about average for twins. My OB won't let me go past 38 weeks, which is why I'm thinking about finding a new OB. I don't know if I'll be able to do much better though since this OB's practice and hospital are favorites in the natural birth community around here. It drives me nuts that twins automatically mean "higher risk", and then practices have a lot of rules that are inflexible.

And yeah, c-section at 36 weeks would definitely give me pause-- so early. Was that because of the partial placenta previa?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:59 pm 

Nope, she just said "I won't induce twins at 38-39 weeks. Unless they're both vertex, we'll schedule a c-section at 36-37 weeks."

It seems like everything I'm reading now says something different about when twins are considered full-term and what the average gestation is, but it seems most are born before 37 weeks because women tend to go into labor sooner. I swear the book I'm reading says the average is 37 weeks.

I know what you mean. My OB immediately sent me to Maternal Fetal Medicine. I actually love them--sometimes I wish they were doing my delivery, and it's been great to see the babies once a month or so, but still.

If you are able to, it can't hurt to shop around, even if you end up at the same office...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:05 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I'M STILL PREGNANT SOMEBODY SAVE ME TOMORROW IS GOING TO BE THE HOTTEST DAY OF THE YEAR. LIKE 101 DEGREES OR SOMETHING.

*flail* *melting* *thankful for fans* *still dreading tomorrow*

On another note, I hope all you gals with twins are able to have the births you want without too much fighting and stress. Hoping all goes well. :-)

http://toocheapforpinenuts.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:46 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Butterbobbin, I'm in Oregon right now (a bit outside of Salem) and dreading tomorrow too... Bad enough without being pregnant. Hope you're able to stay cool most of the day!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:56 pm 
Semen Strong

Butterbobbin, I hope you're able to stay cool! And C&S, I hope you're able stay at least Moderately Cool & Sleepy.

And add me to the list of people who would keep looking if an OB told me that I *had* to plan on an early c-section for reasons that didn't make sense to me. Good luck, I am sure the Kinders will be happy to come out when they are ready!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:19 pm 

coldandsleepy wrote:
Butterbobbin, I'm in Oregon right now (a bit outside of Salem) and dreading tomorrow too... Bad enough without being pregnant. Hope you're able to stay cool most of the day!

Really? Wow, I had no idea you were that close by. (Well, if an hour is close... haha) Here's to survival for both of us.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:26 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

Okay, so I was awoken at 4am by my water breaking. So far not much else has happened. I'm at the hospital and I think that my contractions are starting to pick up. So excited and nervous!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:39 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

ShannonLea wrote:
Okay, so I was awoken at 4am by my water breaking. So far not much else has happened. I'm at the hospital and I think that my contractions are starting to pick up. So excited and nervous!

Ooh. How exciting! Good luck!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:46 pm 
Semen Strong

Oh wow! This is amazing! OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG TWINSPLOSION!!!!!

Sending tons of good thoughts for an easy labor and delivery and for two happy, healthy babies and a happy, healthy Mama!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:49 pm 
Chip Strong

Oooh! Go Shannonlea! Yay for labors that start with water breaking!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:10 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Good luck ShannonLea!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:13 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Good luck ShannonLea!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:30 pm 

How exciting, ShannonLea! Good luck!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:31 am 

How are you doing, ShannonLea? I hope everything's going well!

I had my little Ginger yesterday afternoon after an astoundingly intense 3-hour labour. I'll write more about it later but THERE WAS ONLY ONE IN THERE. :-p

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7765 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203 ... 311  Next