| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: True Bistro - Somverville, MA
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:44 am 
Saggy Butt

I was there on Saturday, too with my wife and mother-in-law. They both had the rolled crepes and loved them. I tried the cheeseburger and fries and oh man was it amazing.

Their sangria and bloody mary is great too.

I can't wait to go back!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:33 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Oh vegan sangria! And crepes that I don't have to make myself! I am so excited to go.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:57 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

gato wrote:
I was there on Saturday, too with my wife and mother-in-law. They both had the rolled crepes and loved them. I tried the cheeseburger and fries and oh man was it amazing.

Their sangria and bloody mary is great too.

I can't wait to go back!

Wait! What time were you there? I think I saw you! There was a group at the opposite corner and someone had a bloody mary. I was scoping all the other diners to see what they ordered.

I was at the corner table by the window and I think we got there around 1:00. I was with my 12 year old daughter. You might have noticed us because she had her American Girl doll with her and the doll was propped up on our coats.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:42 am 
Level 7 Vegan

happy jo wrote:
I was at the corner table by the window and I think we got there around 1:00. I was with my 12 year old daughter. You might have noticed us because she had her American Girl doll with her and the doll was propped up on our coats.

Your daughter is awesome.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:57 am 
Saggy Butt

happy jo wrote:
Wait! What time were you there? I think I saw you! There was a group at the opposite corner and someone had a bloody mary. I was scoping all the other diners to see what they ordered.

I don't remember what time we were there exactly, but we definitely saw each other, since we were in the corner with a bloody mary, and I know we didn't get there until at least 12:30.

Aw, I had a chance to meet another PPKer and missed it!

New rule: next time anyone is in a vegan restaurant, jump up on the table and shout "PPK! PPK!" Then we'll know you're safe to approach.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:11 pm 
Flounceiad 2011

gato wrote:
happy jo wrote:

I don't remember what time we were there exactly, but we definitely saw each other, since we were in the corner with a bloody mary, and I know we didn't get there until at least 12:30.

Aw, I had a chance to meet another PPKer and missed it!

New rule: next time anyone is in a vegan restaurant, jump up on the table and shout "PPK! PPK!" Then we'll know you're safe to approach.

This is a great idea; alternatively, we could raise one eyebrow in a significant manner, or devise a super-cool hand gesture, or something.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:41 pm 
Saggy Butt

Desdemona wrote:
gato wrote:

This is a great idea; alternatively, we could raise one eyebrow in a significant manner, or devise a super-cool hand gesture, or something.

I suppose if people are shy that would be a better alternative. Or we could distribute buttons if they really want to be passive about it.

I would like a button.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:46 pm 
Flounceiad 2011

We had brunch there today, and everything was so good that we're planning to go back for dinner within the next week or so! (It was also filling that I haven't yet had the urge to eat anything else)! I had the tofu benedict, which had a really yummy saffrony sauce, and came on top of an herb biscuit that was almost a scone; my partner had the scramble with the home-made chevre - I have got to find out how they make this - and we were both very, very happy. On top of the food, we each had an excellent bloody mary, the atmosphere was friendly and relaxed, and the music was a nice touch (old school '40s jazz/pop standards). We were glad to see them doing a good business for brunch; definitely worth patronizing on a regular basis!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:17 am 
Baking In The Flavor

Desdemona wrote:
We had brunch there today, and everything was so good that we're planning to go back for dinner within the next week or so! (It was also filling that I haven't yet had the urge to eat anything else)! I had the tofu benedict, which had a really yummy saffrony sauce, and came on top of an herb biscuit that was almost a scone; my partner had the scramble with the home-made chevre - I have got to find out how they make this - and we were both very, very happy. On top of the food, we each had an excellent bloody mary, the atmosphere was friendly and relaxed, and the music was a nice touch (old school '40s jazz/pop standards). We were glad to see them doing a good business for brunch; definitely worth patronizing on a regular basis!

I'll second all that - I like the food, the service, and the whole vibe in the restaurant. I posted on Happy Cow and Yelp about it. I'd love to see them thrive!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:25 pm 
Saggy Butt

I'm bumping this to see if people are still planning on meeting up on the 18th.

Right now it looks like lunch would work for us, barring any last-minute holiday emergencies.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:22 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

yeah I could do the 18th for lunch- I think there was a holiday meetup thread down the page a bit about this?

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:34 pm 
Saggy Butt

Found it, thanks!