| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3602 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 145  Next
 Post subject: Re: Weight loss peeps - where you at?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:07 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Gulliver, what do you attribute your success to? Higher protein?

I finally dropped a pound this week after being stagnant for over a month! Was really frustrating because I'd been exercising, eating ok, etc. but I think an increase in strength training, liquids, and protein has helped push through.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:18 pm 
A gift from the crasshole god.

I have been one of those people that really annoys me recently. I feel really down about my weight but my response to everything is to eat and so that's what I have been doing and then moaning about it. I want to feel good about myself and I am tired of making excuses so wish me luck PPK weight loss people!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:15 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

You can do it Sarah-Jane!! We all get stuck in a rut sometimes.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:38 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Def! You can overcome!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:16 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Well after a few months plateau at my 10 kilos target weight loss, I have managed to loose another 3kg. My BMI is now 22.3 & I bought some new UK size 8 clothes last week. I haven't been this size for 12 years! I never thought I would be under a size 12 again.

Don't lose hope or beat yourself up when things get tough. If I can do it believe me you can. Just remember it took you a long time to gain the weight & it will take you longer to lose it. It needs to be a slow process or it won't be maintainable.

I just need to try & maintain now & keep my fitness up. I think I might sign up to do a 10k in October just to keep me on track.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:56 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Abelskiver wrote:
Gulliver, what do you attribute your success to? Higher protein?
Higher protein and lower carbohydrates, but that is really a side effect of lowering my calories overall. I'm aiming to eat 1400 calories a day (more on exercise days). Lowering carbohydrates is a very easy way of dropping calories (salad vs bread etc), although I haven't cut them out completely. I've been making more of an effort to eat higher protein foods, because I want to not lose too much muscle and I get to eat sausages all day, which is fine by me.

I'm using myfitnesspal to track everything as it appeals to my inner (outer) nerd by showing me how much protein, carbs and fat I've eaten every day, which I find interesting. There's also a nice, supportive community on there... it's really nice logging your run and having five people tell you how awesome you are.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:01 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I'm under 50kg today, so less than 2kg to go! I'm going to eat the shiitake out of some nachos when I get there. I mean, I'll eat responsibly after that, but I've been looking forward to these nachos since January.

I was visiting my parents over the weekend and my mum asked how I've been losing weight, so I installed myfitnesspal on her phone for her. She's tried Weight Watchers and a bunch of other plans for years and none have worked, so hopefully this one serves her better.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:11 am 
Not NOT A Furry

My pants are too big.

That is all.

I love those delusional first few minutes of the day where I grossly underestimate my love of sleep. -lurky mclurkerson

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:16 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Mack the Spork wrote:
My pants are too big.

That is all.

Ha! That's always a love hate problem for me.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:27 am 
Not NOT A Furry

GraciaKai wrote:
Mack the Spork wrote:
My pants are too big.

That is all.

Ha! That's always a love hate problem for me.

Agreed! I guess my thighs are getting smaller (I should have measured!) because the legs of all my pants are longer. These were actually long enough in the first place, so now I'm stomping all over the cuffs.

They're the Lane Bryant "T3"s (Tighter Tummy Technology. On a related note: Shut up, Lane Bryant...) so they're supposed to be tight, and I've gotten used to them being tight. Now every time I lean over I feel them slide down over my asparagus, possibly showing 2-4 inches of underpants, depending on where my shirt is at the moment.

The good news is, my shirts are also falling longer...

I love those delusional first few minutes of the day where I grossly underestimate my love of sleep. -lurky mclurkerson

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:31 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Well that sounds like it's working out all the way around! I hate saggy asparagus pants, so I get peeved when my pants get too big. I hate that in between period when everything you have is too big. But you don't want to spend money on new clothes yet, cause hopefully you are are still going to lose more! It's a conundrum!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:11 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

GraciaKai wrote:
Well that sounds like it's working out all the way around! I hate saggy asparagus pants, so I get peeved when my pants get too big. I hate that in between period when everything you have is too big. But you don't want to spend money on new clothes yet, cause hopefully you are are still going to lose more! It's a conundrum!

i too hate the in between period. i'm in that phase right now, although i guess it's a good conundrum to be in! :D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:02 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Well, I lost three pounds! And rightly so. I weigh and measure almost everything I eat. Exercise is another, much sadder story.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:51 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

GraciaKai wrote:

I mistakenly bought jeans during this period, they were tight at the time but now they're too big. At least they were cheap jeans.

I had a clothing crisis this week when I realised two hours before a job interview that my suit is now two sizes too big. I ended up having to wear a dress, and the suit jacket with sleeves rolled up over the top. I also had to kind of walk around with my elbows in to make the fit look less awful. Professionalism!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:45 am 

I've just replaced most of the things in my wardrobe. I got a lot of fab bargains from Charity shops. It's been fun! I did buy a few things when I was in the "in between stage" mainly because I looked like I was playing dress up in my mums clothes! I also sold some of my new or barely worn clothes to raise some money to put towards new stuff. I have however kept my favourites & put them in the loft should I ever need them again. Fingers crossed I never will.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:24 am 
Naked Under Apron

Oh god guys, I weighed myself after a loooong time of not doing so, and it was not pretty. Up five pounds, but that's like a month of counting calories! Grr. I did eat takeout last night which may have been a sodium bomb, but still. I am recommitting!! (For like the eighth time this year). I've been drinking coffee with sugar too, and that has to go. That adds sneaky pounds like crazy.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:47 pm 

Amy wrote:
Oh god guys, I weighed myself after a loooong time of not doing so, and it was not pretty. Up five pounds, but that's like a month of counting calories! Grr. I did eat takeout last night which may have been a sodium bomb, but still. I am recommitting!! (For like the eighth time this year). I've been drinking coffee with sugar too, and that has to go. That adds sneaky pounds like crazy.

Try to keep positive. You can do it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:49 pm 
WRETCHED

Is anyone using MyFitnessPal? I was perusing calorie trackers today and I think that is the one I'm choosing.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:15 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

linanil wrote:
Is anyone using MyFitnessPal? I was perusing calorie trackers today and I think that is the one I'm choosing.

I don't use MyFitnessPal, I use CalorieCount, but I've heard awesome things about it. I think they have the same basic function.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:33 pm 
Naked Under Apron

I'm trying to get back into eating healthy and losing some weight. I'm more or less doing Eat to Live, but I'm not following it 100%. So, um, hi again. (My goal, I think, is losing about 15-20 pounds, but I'm going to start with trying to lose 5.)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:01 am 
Ninja Master

linanil wrote:

I do it's great, and most of the recipes from AFR are already on there which is really handy as I live from that book when I'm being good! hehe.

I love that you can scan barcodes with the app too, to add foods quickly and you can record exercise on there too.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:48 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I've now lost about 12lbs/5.5kg!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:15 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

That's fantastic Gulliver! I, on the other hand, am finding it very difficult to shift the 6 or 7 pounds I need to in order to get back to my goal weight. I seem to have been losing and gaining the same two pounds for the last six months.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:16 am 
Tofu Pup Forever

Hey, I wanna play! :) I will post updates every week, if that's what people are doing? At the moment I'm 11stone 11lbs. Goal weight is 9stone 10lbs for my wedding next June! Already bought my dress, got a size 12 and it just fits, but got it tight so that I have room to lose weight :) what's everyone doing? I'm doing sugar free (still having agave/maple etc), 2 raw meals a day. What are you guys doing? Good luck everyone! :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:19 am 
Ninja Master

I'm counting calories, I find that the easiest.

I am going to be a bridesmaid again next year so I now have something to keep me on track (that's the theory anyway!)

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3602 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 145  Next