| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1035 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 42  Next
 Post subject: Re: A thread about LUSH!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:11 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

You can grab a longer-handled mascara wand from the shop if you need them - we have disposable ones for demo-ing and we'll happily let a customer have one - or you can try angling the brush a little.

How do you guys feel we do on communicating what is and isn't vegan? I had a slightly frantic lady today ask me if it was all natural, and while I was explaining our safe synthetics etc, mentioned that we're about 80% vegan. She was talking to another SA later on and said 'and it's all vegan, oh fantastic'. I cleared it up but I wondered if we need to be more explicit when we're talking about vegan products?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:37 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I'd like to try the liquid lip color, but I wonder how purse safe the packaging is.

The packaging overall seems way too gimmicky. It almost seems as if it would have been better to omit applicators completely.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:15 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Paloma wrote:
You guys, I'm sad to say, but I think I have solved my pimple problem by abandoning everything Lush altogether. I switched back to just using my one Dermalogica cleanser and I mosturise with pure jojoba oil, and within a week, my skin has undergone a transformation that I keep on being amazed by. ALL my clogged pores and subdermal infections are gone. And not just subdued, GONE entirely. I have been suffering from these infected pores for so long, I can't even recall feeling my chin and it being just smooth, normal skin instead of it being full of angry red bumps.

<3 jojoba oil

It could be that whatever you were using from Lush was what made your skin misbehave and giving them up would have solved the issue without jojoba oil.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:23 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

cornflowers wrote:
You can grab a longer-handled mascara wand from the shop if you need them - we have disposable ones for demo-ing and we'll happily let a customer have one - or you can try angling the brush a little.

How do you guys feel we do on communicating what is and isn't vegan? I had a slightly frantic lady today ask me if it was all natural, and while I was explaining our safe synthetics etc, mentioned that we're about 80% vegan. She was talking to another SA later on and said 'and it's all vegan, oh fantastic'. I cleared it up but I wondered if we need to be more explicit when we're talking about vegan products?

The Lush I go to, the staff are really awesome about knowing what is vegan and what isn't. They all know me in there, and so there's been a couple times where I've picked something up and been looking at it a bit (like the Ocean Salt scrub) and one of the staff will say, "oh! That's not vegan, you probably don't want to get that." which is cool and I really appreciate.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:03 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

paprikapapaya wrote:
cornflowers wrote:

The Lush I go to, the staff are really awesome about knowing what is vegan and what isn't. They all know me in there, and so there's been a couple times where I've picked something up and been looking at it a bit (like the Ocean Salt scrub) and one of the staff will say, "oh! That's not vegan, you probably don't want to get that." which is cool and I really appreciate.

That's kind of the opposite of my experience over here, where each salesperson will approach me at least once during my visit and ask "Have you tried product X, Y, Z?" and I'll ask if it's vegan and they often seem taken aback by the question, and have to start looking at the label and/or asking their co-workers if they know. This tends to happen at least three times per visit because each salesperson will approach me in turn and we'll go through the same song and dance. And same thing when they try to give me a sample at the time of purchase. I suspect they don't get a lot of people asking about vegan stuff over here.

In terms of labeling, though, I think you guys do a pretty good job! If I'm looking at a product myself (as opposed to having someone offer to slather it on me sight unseen), I can almost always find an indication if the product is vegan-friendly or not. The only problem I've had has been on some of the lip products in tins, but that's more down to my old-lady eyesight than the labeling, I think.

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:53 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Vantine wrote:
Paloma wrote:
You guys, jojoba oil.

It could be that whatever you were using from Lush was what made your skin misbehave and giving them up would have solved the issue without jojoba oil.

This has been an issue for me for ages, yet I had only been using Lush products for like half a year. I haven't had my skin react so directly, so positively to anything I tried as a remedy for my infected skin.

Anyway, enough about jojoba oil. I'll let the thread continue to be about Lush. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:47 am 
Chard Martyr

There are two Lush stores in my city, and I have found my happy place at the smaller one. I actually told them the other day that I so love their store because they are not crazy pushy, and I don't get an allergic reaction from the overwhelming scents even when I'm across the street. Right now I am moping about a bee sting that has taken over my face and I sincerely look forward to a Lush bath bomb soaking later on.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:07 am 
WRETCHED

I've never actually been in a store. I've seen them and passed by them but never in one. I just order stuff online.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:22 am 
Chard Martyr

You know...as an infrequent make-up wearer I am really happy with Lush's Wise. I'm still using up a tube of Moscara from Aveda (it takes me forever to use up a tube), but I like the Lush mascara from what I tried in-store. I just don't understand why they went for primarily such punchy colours. I guess their target demographic is hip young things.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:40 am 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

I want to try the eyeliner & mascara and will head over to the Emeryville location soon. I have nver been to the store. I like the Sacramento location (inside Macy's), the staff knows me and is pretty chill. The SF store I go to just makes me hate Lush, it seems that no one knows their products and the staff is annoying - even when they rotate.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:53 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I may have went on a spending frenzy in Lush.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:26 pm 
Writes Vegan Haiku

Visited one of their stores today. Very friendly and helpful staff :) bought the blue shampoo thingy (forgot the name) and the black henna. Will try them out soon.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:55 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Kaari wrote:
Visited one of their stores today. Very friendly and helpful staff :) bought the blue shampoo thingy (forgot the name) and the black henna. Will try them out soon.

I got the black henna too. Going to put it in tomorrow or Tuesday.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:12 am 
Chard Martyr

I'm henna-ing (rouge) again tomorrow. Should I just do my roots? The rest seems not to have faded much, but I like my hair really red.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:18 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

If the rest seems to have not faded, then I wouldn't do it. Or I'd do your roots, and then make a quick glaze (mix some henna with conditioner) and do that for like the last 30 minutes. Since henna coats the hair, the more applications you do, you start going darker/richer. If you're content with the way it looks, I wouldn't do much except brighten it up with a glaze!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:32 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

cornflowers wrote:

I've noticed there is some confusion on the website and in gift packs listed as being vegan when they contain one or two non vegan things.

Ocean salts is one example I can think of.

What does everyone use for cleanser? I just got some Dark Angel and toners, but I'm new to this whole skin care routine thing.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:38 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

My hands-down favorite face cleanser is Coalface. I use plain refined coconut oil to take off my eye makeup then use coalface, tea tree toner, and Enzymion moisturizer. I don't love Enzymion and will probably try Imperialis when I run out, but I'm really happy with the rest of the routine.

I also use Herbalism about 2x/week, but I don't have a Lush anywhere near me and have to order it. Often I can't get the smaller size pot off the website so after the current supply runs out/expires I probably won't replenish it. I like it a lot, but I can't handle wasting product and I really prefer to only use it a couple of times a week rather than every day so there's no way I can ever use up a whole large pot before it goes bad..

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:53 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

i use 9 to 5 cleanser every day twice a day, and angels on bare skin a couple of times per week in the morning (instead of, not in addition to, the 9 to 5). i use the eau roma toner, and i LOVE enzymion. i also have imperialis, but i think i'll be saving that for the colder months when i get a little drier. i've been doing this regimen for over two months now (10 weeks today) and i'm having really lovely results. definitely a convert.

i use coalface in the shower on my back/shoulders to keep summer sweaty back grossness under control. ;)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:56 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Do you think that it would be a total disaster if I used caca marron to dye over my two bleached streaks that are currently turquoise? The rest of my hair is chestnut brown already. I have to get rid of the blue for my new job (boo!).

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:59 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

hana wrote:
Do you think that it would be a total disaster if I used caca marron to dye over my two bleached streaks that are currently turquoise? The rest of my hair is chestnut brown already. I have to get rid of the blue for my new job (boo!).

The wild one in me says...... go for it! The sensible side of me says wait for someone that would actually knows what they are on about to give you advice!

Although...... go hardcore on the washing the next few days and the blue should come out nice and quick then you should be fine for the caca marron

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:05 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I'd want to dye all of my hair to be clear- I just want to bring it all to the same colour.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:23 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Depending on the turquois just shampoo it a bunch and it should mostly fade out.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:28 pm 
Saggy Butt

Would bleached hair react like grey? I use caca brun on my hair which is about 1/3 grey and the grey hairs turn an orangey/light brown while the rest of my hair (naturally dark brown) turns an auburny brown. I like the effect but I wonder if you will end up with two orangey streaks in auburn? Not that that wouldn't be nice and probably to your employer preferable to blue.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:09 am 
Ninja Master

I went into my local lush to look at the make up and was totally underwhelmed by it. I mean they have some cool bright colours and I love bright make up, but nothing screamed "buy me buy me" at me at all. Plus there were no applicators (disposable or no) at all to be able to test anything. bah.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:23 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

baps wrote:
I went into my local lush to look at the make up and was totally underwhelmed by it. I mean they have some cool bright colours and I love bright make up, but nothing screamed "buy me buy me" at me at all. Plus there were no applicators (disposable or no) at all to be able to test anything. bah.

At one of the Lush's by me, they had all the applicators tucked away for sanitary purposes and you had to ask for them, which at first annoyed me, but then I thought about Sephora and got grossed out and was okay with it.

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 1035 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 42  Next