| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Vegan With a Vengeance (VWAV)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:52 am 
Offline
Ninja Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:00 pm
Posts: 4583
Location: Surrey, UK
It's been too long since I made the chickpea gravy. I think I will make some over the weekend.

_________________
I sure do love pumpkins, Cotton.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan With a Vengeance (VWAV)
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:30 am 
Offline
Tofu Pup Forever

Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:38 am
Posts: 17
Location: Canterbury
Just got this the other day, tried the pancake recipe this. Morning and it was amazing:) making the chili mole for a dinner party on Tuesday, looking forward to it :)

_________________
Visit my blog www.floralfrosting.blogspot.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan With a Vengeance (VWAV)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:44 pm 
Offline
Nailed to the V

Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:25 am
Posts: 578
Scramblled tofu (made w/black salt) YUMMMMMY.
Tempeh Bacon.. no so yum :( it tasted so gross. (as in bitter tasting and "clom clommy")

_________________
A Vegan Julie/Julia Project: This Cycle: Great Gluten Free Vegan Eats! http://veganlydelicious.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan With a Vengeance (VWAV)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:23 am 
Offline
Dying from Nooch Lung

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:37 pm
Posts: 3250
Location: Ireland
Just ordered this online. Oh the excitement!

_________________
Meowchickameow meow! - Tofulish


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan With a Vengeance (VWAV)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:19 am 
Offline
Frees Bunny Slippers
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:58 pm
Posts: 165
Location: Europe
daisysunshine wrote:
Tempeh Bacon.. no so yum :( it tasted so gross. (as in bitter tasting and "clom clommy")


Steaming your tempeh for about 10 minutes should remove its bitterness. I always steam my tempeh before using it, even if the recipes don't say anything about steaming. You could try this next time!

_________________
Avatar: ya-kun


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan With a Vengeance (VWAV)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:10 pm 
Offline
Nailed to the V

Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:25 am
Posts: 578
thanks, I will 100 percent do this.
today I just doused it with tonnes of ketchup. heh.

_________________
A Vegan Julie/Julia Project: This Cycle: Great Gluten Free Vegan Eats! http://veganlydelicious.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan With a Vengeance (VWAV)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:18 am 
Offline
Ninja Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:00 pm
Posts: 4583
Location: Surrey, UK
Shukriyya wrote:
daisysunshine wrote:
Tempeh Bacon.. no so yum :( it tasted so gross. (as in bitter tasting and "clom clommy")


Steaming your tempeh for about 10 minutes should remove its bitterness. I always steam my tempeh before using it, even if the recipes don't say anything about steaming. You could try this next time!

Me too, it definitely helps. I boil it though because I'm too lazy to clean the steamer! haha

_________________
I sure do love pumpkins, Cotton.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan With a Vengeance (VWAV)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:45 pm 
Offline
Smuggling Raisins
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:57 pm
Posts: 325
Location: Mini Apple
We made the garlic mashed potatoes, chickpea gravy and macadamia blondies last weekend. HOLY shiitake. It was all delicious and my family and I were all freaking out.

_________________
"Sunday, Sunday, SUNDAY, one night only: it's the amazing...the outstanding...the unbelievable.....VULVODYNIA!" -- Desdemona

"I can't help but feel bad for the Tofurky for having a beer can shoved up it's soy hole." --nickvicious


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan With a Vengeance (VWAV)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:09 pm 
Offline
Discovered unobtainium
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:21 pm
Posts: 12127
Location: Dinosaur Stampede
Have I raved about the Cajun baked fries yet?

_________________
"This is the creepiest post ever if you don't know who Molly is." -Fee
"a vegan death match sounds like something where we all end up hugging." -LisaPunk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan With a Vengeance (VWAV)
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:22 pm 
Offline
Dislikes Rick Santorum
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:51 am
Posts: 5298
Location: United States of New England
has anyone made the green goddess pizza?
i just did a quick search of this forum and it didnt come up.

it sounds so yummy but also sounds insanely labor intensive

_________________
Unimpressed Baby Blog


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan With a Vengeance (VWAV)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:24 am 
Offline
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:26 am
Posts: 777
Location: UK
Just made the Apple Pie-Crumb Cake Muffins for the first time. Not sure why it took me so long, but I was flicking through and realised I had everything in stock (American apple cider is just like cloudy, pressed apple juice, right?) so thought I'd give it a go. Man they are good. plus they made the whole house smell like Christmas.

_________________
VEGANSLIME // IN RAD TASTE


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan With a Vengeance (VWAV)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:45 pm 
Offline
Making Threats to Punks Again
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:03 pm
Posts: 1140
Location: Knoxville, TN
Disappearing Ink wrote:
American apple cider is just like cloudy, pressed apple juice, right?


Yep!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan With a Vengeance (VWAV)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:25 pm 
Offline
Dying from Nooch Lung

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:37 pm
Posts: 3250
Location: Ireland
Yay! My copy came in the post today. Roll on the weekend so I can get in the kitchen.

_________________
Meowchickameow meow! - Tofulish


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan With a Vengeance (VWAV)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:39 pm 
Offline
Huffs Nooch
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:05 pm
Posts: 123
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Made the Best Pumpkin Muffins with the streusel topping from the Apple Pie Muffins on the facing page. Highly recommended.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan With a Vengeance (VWAV)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:08 pm 
Offline
Dying from Nooch Lung

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:37 pm
Posts: 3250
Location: Ireland
Not went wild yet since I have my meals planned for the next week and still need to stock up on the ingredients used in the book but I made my first ever tofu scramble yesterday using wvav. It was yummy.

I made the garlicky kale with tahini dressing as a side to my dinner this evening. It was really nice but overpowered the flavour of my dinner unfortunately and I couldn't taste my dinner.

_________________
Meowchickameow meow! - Tofulish


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan With a Vengeance (VWAV)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:52 pm 
Offline
Huffs Nooch
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:05 pm
Posts: 123
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Has anybody ever had an issue with the dough for the Sparkled Ginger Cookies being, like, insanely wet? It seemed like I hadn't added the dry ingredients at all (I definitely did though). I added half a cup more flour but still couldn't handle the dough (ended up plopping dough on cookie sheet with a scoop; they came out tasty but paper-thin). I'm pretty sure I used to make these fairly often a few years ago but can't remember if adjustments were necessary. (This is one of those days when I miss the old forum and its vast amount of information.) Thanks!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan With a Vengeance (VWAV)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:11 pm 
Offline
Memorized Veganomicon
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:58 am
Posts: 90
Location: queens, ny
queenofpainting wrote:
This was my vegan gateway cookbook. I honestly don't know what I would have been eating in high school if I didn't purchase it from my local bookstore.

same here! and it is still my favorite cookbook after all these years. isa is a genius, basically.

_________________
i will resist with every inch and every breath
i will resist this psychic death

(formerly known as wintermitts)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan With a Vengeance (VWAV)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:31 pm 
Offline
Dying from Nooch Lung

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:37 pm
Posts: 3250
Location: Ireland
I made the giant peanut butter oatmeal cookies this evening. I should have made them small. I can't finish one cookie. So stuffed. I substituted coconut sugar for the brown sugar and coconut oil for the rapeseed. They are far to delicious that it is insanity.

_________________
Meowchickameow meow! - Tofulish


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan With a Vengeance (VWAV)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:39 pm 
Offline
Mispronounces Daiya
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:31 pm
Posts: 1435
daisychain wrote:
I made the giant peanut butter oatmeal cookies this evening. I should have made them small. I can't finish one cookie. So stuffed. I substituted coconut sugar for the brown sugar and coconut oil for the rapeseed. They are far to delicious that it is insanity.


well you could make them smaller, or just eat one for breakfast instead of after a meal.

_________________
Again, you are all brilliant and sexy. And I am lavender-laden and secure in my masculinity. - Sir Brancis Facon

bird noises | book of faces


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan With a Vengeance (VWAV)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:43 pm 
Offline
Dying from Nooch Lung

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:37 pm
Posts: 3250
Location: Ireland
bunniee wrote:
daisychain wrote:
I made the giant peanut butter oatmeal cookies this evening. I should have made them small. I can't finish one cookie. So stuffed. I substituted coconut sugar for the brown sugar and coconut oil for the rapeseed. They are far to delicious that it is insanity.


well you could make them smaller, or just eat one for breakfast instead of after a meal.


Very true. I suppose it didn't help I had dinner just 30mins beforehand. I ended up giving the last bit of the cookie to the dog because I physically couldn't risk swallowing anymore. I guess I'm going to have to get out of this social phobia phase super quick because I'm going to have to share the cookies. No way could I eat them all.

_________________
Meowchickameow meow! - Tofulish


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan With a Vengeance (VWAV)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:57 pm 
Offline
WELFARIST!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:57 pm
Posts: 5127
elizabee wrote:
Has anybody ever had an issue with the dough for the Sparkled Ginger Cookies being, like, insanely wet? It seemed like I hadn't added the dry ingredients at all (I definitely did though). I added half a cup more flour but still couldn't handle the dough (ended up plopping dough on cookie sheet with a scoop; they came out tasty but paper-thin). I'm pretty sure I used to make these fairly often a few years ago but can't remember if adjustments were necessary. (This is one of those days when I miss the old forum and its vast amount of information.) Thanks!

I never have had a problem with this recipe and I make them every holiday season and they're one of my fast reliables. I'm not sure what could have gotten wrong for yours because mine have always been perfect except for when I overbake them slightly and they're too crunchy. But the batter has always been just right for me as written without making any adjustments.

_________________
"I'm sorry! I'm Canadian!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan With a Vengeance (VWAV)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:59 pm 
Offline
WELFARIST!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:57 pm
Posts: 5127
daisychain wrote:
bunniee wrote:
daisychain wrote:
I made the giant peanut butter oatmeal cookies this evening. I should have made them small. I can't finish one cookie. So stuffed. I substituted coconut sugar for the brown sugar and coconut oil for the rapeseed. They are far to delicious that it is insanity.


well you could make them smaller, or just eat one for breakfast instead of after a meal.


Very true. I suppose it didn't help I had dinner just 30mins beforehand. I ended up giving the last bit of the cookie to the dog because I physically couldn't risk swallowing anymore. I guess I'm going to have to get out of this social phobia phase super quick because I'm going to have to share the cookies. No way could I eat them all.

Yeah, I'm not big on huge cookies so I think I've always made this recipe to bake three dozen cookies. It's one of my favorite cookie recipes though. It's pretty much perfect!

_________________
"I'm sorry! I'm Canadian!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan With a Vengeance (VWAV)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:20 am 
Offline
Dying from Nooch Lung

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:37 pm
Posts: 3250
Location: Ireland
I may have had some for breakfast. Well there is oats in it!

_________________
Meowchickameow meow! - Tofulish


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan With a Vengeance (VWAV)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:25 am 
Offline
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:47 pm
Posts: 1810
Location: vancouver island
daisychain wrote:
I may have had some for breakfast. Well there is oats in it!

Anything with oats and peanut butter is a good breakfast in my opinion. (I am currently eating oatmeal with peanut butter, banana, and almond milk. For breakfast, of course.)

ETA: I forgot why I was posting! I made the Punkrock Chickpea Gravy with black beans, because my partner abhors chickpeas. Still absolutely amazing. I also made the Mango Ginger Tofu, which I'd been putting off forever, because I didn't want to spend so much on one part of a meal (three mangos, red peppers, orange juice, etc). It was pretty good, but not great. I probably won't bother with it again unless I find a crazy good deal on mangos.

_________________
when you realise how perfect everything is, you will tilt you head back and laugh at the sky. -buddha


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vegan With a Vengeance (VWAV)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:04 am 
Offline
Dying from Nooch Lung

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:37 pm
Posts: 3250
Location: Ireland
I've had the tofu dill sandwiches the past two days. Very tasty but next time I might cut back on the mustard or the vinegar. Not sure which one it is but one of them are giving me a bit of heartburn.

_________________
Meowchickameow meow! - Tofulish


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer