| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Thongs....Love Em or Hate Em?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:42 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

The only thong I've ever owned was a METALLIC SILVER one with black dental-floss style elastics, that I somehow convinced my mom to buy for me at a TJ Maxx in the 90s. My rump is not especially small, and I can't say that thong was particularly comfortable. With that being said, I know my sister (who has a similar body type to mine) wore thong underwear every day for years, so I guess it depends on the cut/style. I don't think it's a sex thing it all, some people are just skeeved out by pantaloon lines or the feeling of excess fabric bunching up around their butt.

ETA: I also think boyshort-style undies are uncomfortable under trousers, because on MY body the fabric around the hip tends to roll up over the course of the day and create these really unpleasant (but humorous) bulges. Bikini briefs 4 lyfe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:05 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Angelina wrote:
I am not thin either, and I wear them. If they are the right size, that wedge-y feeling does not bother me and then I get used to it. If they are even a little bit too small, then they will pull and dig all day.

There is no association for me of thongs with sex. Most pantaloons I would consider sexy are way more covered up.

ditto.

Fee wrote:
...all of it kind of rides up my asparagus anyway. Might as well be the smallest piece of fabric.

ditto.

i'm on the lower end of obese, and i love the look of this non-thong lacy number that shows a little peek of bum, but boy can they be uncomfortable if worn all day long. i'm all about efficiency. thongs get the job done and the wedgies are way more comfortable than wedgies from any other underwear. as long as you're honest with yourself and get the correct size thong, the wedgies will not be a problem.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:09 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

My butt-crack is the pantaloon Pied Piper, and no underwear can resist its siren song. So I gave in a long time ago and started wearing thongs, because at least they're supposed to be up there!!! For sexywear, I love the shorty-short boy shorts that let the bottom bits of my cheeks peek out... the thongs are strictly utilitarian in my book.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:14 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I thought this was going to be about the ones I wear on my feet :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:27 pm 
Dead by dawn

I wore 'em for like 20 years until one day I found them no longer comfortable. They don't equate with sex to me, just lack of pantaloon lines. Now I wear hipsters most of the time, and little lace-trimmed cheeky hipsters (the kind where the bottom of your bum shows) for cute. Personally, I think the cheeky ones are sexier than a thong but the boy seems to disagree and has requested thong-ness. I suppose I can oblige as long as I don't have to wear 'em all day every day.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:23 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

100% dependent on the situation.
like, all of my fancy sexy-time underpants involve more coverage because lace and transparency is always a party, but I don't find thongs inherently uncomfortable or unattractive. I would wear one under something on an occasion where pantaloon lines would be an issue, but I honestly don't have a lot of situations where I'm not wearing jeans or cotton shorts under a dress or skirt (due to potential flashings).

also sometimes they're nice in the summer due to the whole "the less fabric touching my body the better, but I have to go out in public" thing.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:42 pm 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

I'm all about the cheeky hipsters for sexytimes!

I used to be very anti-thong, but I bought a couple g-strings and now I love them. All my regular pantaloons are constantly sliding around on my asparagus and I have to be regularly picking wedgies (not a great thing to deal with as a teacher), and I find that a correctly fitting g-string is plenty comfortable and doesn't leave me needing to adjust my underwear all the damn time.

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:52 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

hanky panky lace thongs are the most comfortable underwear ever. Don't let the one size fits all fool you, they are fantastic. Expensive, but worth it. I hate regular thongs though. Oh and I can't sleep in thongs, they drive me crazy.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:34 pm 
Human Gravy

chiveggie wrote:
Oh and I can't sleep in thongs, they drive me crazy.

I completely agree with this statement. Fine for day time wear, but not sleeping. I think this has something to do with the fact I sleep in the fetal position and the thong just crawls and crawls.

For me, any thong is fine if it's the right size. There is nothing worse than a thong/g-string that is too tight in the elastic at the waist. Except maybe one that has too long of a thong... I have a small butt. This does happen. From both the front and the back, a saggy thong is very unattractive.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:35 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Thongs make me bulge in ugly ways, all my flab migrates into a mess. I do the lowest cut tiniest hipsters I can find, or gigantic granny pantaloons. I don't really care about pantaloon lines, if the fact that I'm wearing underwear is enough to upset someone, something else I do/wear would probably upset them if I didn't have pantaloon lines.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:05 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Wanted to like them, wore them all the time when I got my first boyfriend because I'm pathetic, but hate them now. My asparagus felt a lot colder, I didn't like that they touch the butthole, and the boyfriend liked to have sex while I kept it on and oh god, is it disgusting afterwards.

Also now that I'm in a distance relationship I haven't been maintaining my bikini line and if I stick to boy shorts, I don't have to notice the creeping jungle.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:33 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

strawberryrock wrote:
I also think boyshorts are the least comfortable.

I have controversial underwear opinions.

I agree with your underwear opinions. I find thongs very unattractive/unsexy and uncomfortable. Boyshorts are just too hot/bunchy. I like any undies that fall in between, granny pantaloons included.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:50 am 
Smuggling Raisins

My gyno once referred to thongs as a "germ super-highway between your anus and your vagina," so I avoid them. But, I spend like 50% of my time in spandex, so my avoidance is not total.

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.”
--Margaret Meade

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:45 am 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

I wear nothing else than thongs. I can't stand shorts/granny pants/bikini, they constantly end up in my butt while thongs just stay there comfortably. I don't particularly love g-strings, but could wear them if particularly cute. I hate hate hate pantaloons line!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:58 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I don't know the difference between thongs and g-strings (unless the first are flip flops and the second part of an instrument)... I do not find them sexy, nor comfortable. I have seen people with thong VPL...

I'm a no thongs, no cotton, hipster short kinda gal and I really don't care what boys think about that.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:22 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I'm a fan of a "low-rise brief" when buying underwear at discount stores. At Victoria's Secret, I like their brief and occasionally the bikini or hipster, but not very often, depends on what I'm wearing.

I was buying some of the briefs the last time they had one of their weekend cotton underwear sales at VS, and there were two women in there who were older than me buying things...one of them picked up a pair of briefs and the other one said disgustedly, "You don't want THOSE." She said, "They don't ride up under my scrubs at work."

They're just plain comfy! Sheesh! And nobody is seeing them except maybe my husband and he doesn't care. LOL

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:34 am 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

fruitbat wrote:
I don't know the difference between thongs and g-strings (unless the first are flip flops and the second part of an instrument)... I do not find them sexy, nor comfortable. I have seen people with thong VPL...

I'm a no thongs, no cotton, hipster short kinda gal and I really don't care what boys think about that.

G-strings are those that are just like a string in the back whereas general thong usually means a strip that's about an inch wide or whatever. All of it goes up your crack.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:52 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

jessilikewhoa wrote:
I don't really care about pantaloon lines, if the fact that I'm wearing underwear is enough to upset someone, something else I do/wear would probably upset them if I didn't have pantaloon lines.

Full of truth. I wear underwear...deal with it!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:32 am 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

indexandicon wrote:
My gyno once referred to thongs as a "germ super-highway between your anus and your vagina," so I avoid them.

Yum.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:03 pm 

I wear dress pants and skirts and stuff to work a lot and thongs are the only things that don't give me underwear lines. It's a pseudo-conservative work environment so I don't think underwear lines would go over so well. I don't find them (i.e., thongs) particularly comfortable though. I find boyshorts the most comfy, and the cheeky hipster things.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:56 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

indexandicon wrote:
My gyno once referred to thongs as a "germ super-highway between your anus and your vagina," so I avoid them.

That's kinda how they feel too. I find them incredibly uncomfortable and only wear them for sexy times (per request) when I know they won't stay on for long.

Boyshorts or any type of undies without elasticized thigh holes ride up and drive me nuts. Bikinis sit right under my belly in an unflattering way, and I'm short-waisted enough that granny pants come up to just under my bra. I'm a hipster gal all the way.

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:14 pm 
Married to the wolfman

I am learning so much about everyone's butts from this thread.

Also the germ superhighway thing reminded me of a long held suspicion I've had about thongs.

Also also, I feel like thongs don't really do a great job absorbing daily lady secretions, which is like, half the reason I wear underwear at all.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:31 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

indexandicon wrote:
My gyno once referred to thongs as a "germ super-highway between your anus and your vagina"

coldandsleepy wrote:
Also also, I feel like thongs don't really do a great job absorbing daily lady secretions, which is like, half the reason I wear underwear at all.

Yeah, this basically sums up my views on thongs and g-strings. I like bikini underwear best generally, but I like some brands of hipster underwear too. Sure, I probably have some VPL on occasion, but whatever.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:40 pm 
Calls "cavemen" on that

Ready for some TMI? Whenever I wear undies OTHER than a thong (like bikini or boyshorts) for more than a day, I usually get a lady infection if ya know what I mean. Not sure why. My thong just has less material and give my ladyparts more room to breathe maybe? (I wear all cotton thongs from Fredericks)

Maybe my body has just adjusted to thongs after all these years.

Oh, and I think boy shorts or hip shorts are the SEXIEST actually. Not thongs. Thongs are my everyday wear. Hip shorts for sexytime. I think I am opposite of most people.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:07 pm 

so since there are quite a few cheeky hipster lovers out there, what are your favorite brands? i only have 1 pair, and i completely forget where i got them from.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next