| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wedding Cake
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:40 am 
Tofu Pup

Hey PPK'ers! My boy and I are getting married September 22nd, and are looking for someone to make us our wedding cake. Ours is a small wedding, 22 people, and we want a vintage-y looking, pale blue, 2 tier cake. We've been talking to Cinnamon Snail, but getting nowhere, as they seem to be so busy, and I am not a huge fan of Blossom. Are there any awesome cake makers, with experience with wedding cakes on the forum that might be interested? Let me know!! Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Wedding Cake
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:52 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

I had a bigger wedding cake than you're looking for, but used lotus cake studio (they're in Philly but deliver to NYC). Seriously the best vegan cake I've had. They're not an all-vegan company but had really good vegan options.

Have you tried Champs and Clementine? I'm not sure if either does custom baking, but it's probably worth asking!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:10 am 
Tofu Pup

Thanks for the info! I love Clementine pastries but their cakes are way too sweet. I will definitely check out Lotus, thanks so much!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:37 pm 
Huffs Nooch

You could also check out Peacefood. Kristin can do pretty much anything.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:55 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

I got married last June and we had our wedding cake made by champs. We wanted a small-ish two tier wedding cake to cut and have for pictures and stuff and then had a bunch of bundt cakes (the lemon coconut and the lower fat chocolate ones from vcon!) and some pies and cookies on a desert table for the crowd at large. Anyways, they were great and easy to work with and made exactly what we were looking for, although what we wanted was pretty simple (we went with their yellow cake with the strawberry/creme frosting and it was frosted white with a simple teal looping pattern around each tier) so I can't really vouch for anything that would be complicated in design. I can't remember what the exact price was - I do remember feeling like it was a little high for the simplicity of what we wanted, but I felt fine about paying it because they're a small business in my neighborhood that I want to support and keep around.

Hope that helps you a little! I know it's close to your date so you may have already settled on somewhere else, but let me know if you'd like to see a picture of ours!