| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 709 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 29  Next
 Post subject: Re: Project Runway (spoilers)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:01 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I've never watched before, but caught the Ven fat shaming one on the plane last night. I was so bummed he didn't get kicked off. I totally cried when his clients friend was standing up for her. I bet he didn't get booted cause he's one of the main aholes so they keep him around for the drama.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:09 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

fork Ven. I honestly think he has aspergers or something. He's totally incapable of feeling anything beyond himself, and he doesn't know how to talk to people. Even when he was trying to compliment his client, instead of saying "you looked beautiful," he said "I was surprised that you actually looked beautiful." C'MONNNN.

All that aside, he's a fat guy calling someone fat!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:32 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I don't think we need to discuss Ven's size. The fact that he was fat-shaming is enough. That was absolutely horrible. What is even worse is that he continued to talk about how it was unfair on Twitter after the show aired.
www.twitter.com/venbudhu is his and here is his client's: www.twitter.com/terriherlihy23

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:41 pm 
Married to the wolfman

I'm like five minutes in to it and I am already upset about Ven's sentiments. Gunnar is actually coming across well today? I dunno, will post again once I get through it.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:39 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Well that was awful.

Ven... What a horrible attitude AND what an atrocious outfit. I know the judges were like the skirt is nice at least. No! Wrong! The open flappy bit at the bottom makes it look like it doesn't fit her. As a plus size lady, shiny satin plus a skirt with a zipper that hangs open (like when you're just slightly too fat for your jeans and the zipper keeps coming open) is pretty much my personal nightmare. Puke. Whether or not he thought about her life etc, he sure as shiitake didn't think about her body and what would flatter her.

Agree Sonjia's was too short and looked maternity.

Love that grey dress of Fabio's. Hands down the best thing he's done this season.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:48 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

celyn wrote:
I don't think we need to discuss Ven's size. The fact that he was fat-shaming is enough. That was absolutely horrible. What is even worse is that he continued to talk about how it was unfair on Twitter after the show aired.
http://www.twitter.com/venbudhu is his and here is his client's: http://www.twitter.com/terriherlihy23

Didn't think it was possible for Ven to come off much worse than he did on the snow. And then I read his tweets. Wow. He is an asparagus.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:01 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Seriously, I just read them (and hers) and ugh. It's not faiiiiiiiiiiiiiir! He may be 28 but he sounds just like my 3 year old. You know, if my 3 year old was more of a jerk.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:45 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Ugh, what a douche. Ven actually made Gunnar and Elena seem nice. I kinda love Dmitry; I'm still laughing over his "one way monkey" quote from last week. I like Fabio too, but I really didn't like his winning dress this week.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:01 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

creep wrote:
fork Ven. I honestly think he has aspergers or something. He's totally incapable of feeling anything beyond himself, and he doesn't know how to talk to people. Even when he was trying to compliment his client, instead of saying "you looked beautiful," he said "I was surprised that you actually looked beautiful." C'MONNNN.

People with Aspergers are not crassholes, nor are they incapable of emotions, feeling, or basic decency. They may have social challenges, but slapping a diagnosis on someone like that is insulting.

Ive taught a number of students who are on the autism spectrum, and my favorite cousin was diagnosed with Aspergers when he was 18. Most of them may be socially awkward sometimes (aren't we all?), but they are all great people who are a joy to know.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:37 am 
Saggy Butt

pepperpot wrote:
Ven actually made Gunnar and Elena seem nice.

Gunnar made Gunnar seem nice! he was so sweet to his client!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:23 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

Norelle wrote:
pepperpot wrote:
Ven actually made Gunnar and Elena seem nice.

Gunnar made Gunnar seem nice! he was so sweet to his client!

Gunnar's dress was pretty terrible but his attitude towards the the challenge and his client working that dress down the runway is what saved him.

Ven was a total jerk and it surprised me because in earlier episodes he came off more professional than the other designers (ie Elana, Gunnar..etc).

The judges had no plans of kicking two people off. It was just way to slap Ven on the hand for the way he acted.

As for Natihan, I knew more about Buffi designs than his. I have no memory of anything he created so...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:26 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

lavawitch wrote:
creep wrote:

People with Aspergers are not crassholes, nor are they incapable of emotions, feeling, or basic decency. They may have social challenges, but slapping a diagnosis on someone like that is insulting.

Ive taught a number of students who are on the autism spectrum, and my favorite cousin was diagnosed with Aspergers when he was 18. Most of them may be socially awkward sometimes (aren't we all?), but they are all great people who are a joy to know.

I wasn't implying that someone having aspergers makes them a jerk. I actually had that thought about him earlier in the show. It just seems like he doesn't really connect? I have family and friends with autism as well, so I'm not just pulling that out of my asparagus as an excuse for him being a dick. It's the impression I get from him, and it has nothing to do with the non-asshole aspergers people that you know.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:30 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

Ven was a jerk, however PR has shown this type of behavior before. The fashion industry is known for this type of stuff as well. PR I think put this in for drama...I really dislike it. I thought it would have been a great move to kick him off - to make a point. Reading his Twitter comments makes me feel sick, he acts like a baby. Seriously, no amount of editing could have made it seem positive or him nice.

The dress that won was cute but I felt it was a bit to baggy and wrinkly.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:11 pm 
Tofu Pup

I loved everything about Fabio's client on the runway. The dress is amazing and totally deserved to win this week. I would buy it in a heartbeat. Her haircut is fab. I'm looking for pics to show my stylist. Cute glasses, fun attitude. Somebody's got a crush... ;)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:09 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I mentioned this in the Running thread but it bears repeating here -- I saw Andrea (the escape artist) on my run this morning in Manhattan. Weird!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:26 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

I'm glad Nathan is gone. I could never tell the difference between him and Fabio, either by appearance or their designs. I knew one of them had glasses, but could never remember which one. I'm not great with faces, but I'm guessing neither has gotten a ton of camera time.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:45 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

alice1drland wrote:
I mentioned this in the Running thread but it bears repeating here -- I saw Andrea (the escape artist) on my run this morning in Manhattan. Weird!

I saw Gretchen a couple weekends ago at Brooklyn Flea! She had a vintage clothing stall and seemed friendlier (to other people. I didn't talk to her/buy anything) than she came off on the show.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:58 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

pastabake wrote:
alice1drland wrote:

I saw Gretchen a couple weekends ago at Brooklyn Flea! She had a vintage clothing stall and seemed friendlier (to other people. I didn't talk to her/buy anything) than she came off on the show.

Yeah I had a problem with her winning, but frankly I'd buy her jewelry. Andrea was running so I couldn't tell if she seemed nice or not. Ha!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:57 pm 
***LIES!!!***

I was pleasantly surprised last night. Almost everything looked wearable, there was minimal drama (Ven got extra douche points though for being fatphobic AND sexist! Who's surprised?) Although, is it just me, or was the fabric that many of them chose (Dmitry, Elena, and others) super ugly? I was a little disappointed in how safe everything was, and even though I didn't like Alicia's dress really, I was glad she did something different. I don't know how to feel about her in general - happy she's different, sad she doesn't do different WELL, and she seems to have no personality.

Utterly bored by the winner, although I'd wear that dress. Thought it should've been Dmitry.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:45 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

I was kinda shocked thinking Gunner was going home - you could tell the room was too. Alicia does seem boring...I thought Elena was going to win.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:50 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

so many tears this episode i had to wipe down my screen and give it a tissue.

funny how at the beginning of season i couldn't stand gunnar but the last few episodes he has become likeable.

worst dress? melissa
seriously, who would wear that? high neck and strapless!

best? fabio

i draft my own patterns and sew as a hobby and if i were to end up on project runaway, i would be like alicia. seen as boring only because i'm completely out of my element. alicia however needs to make something memorable.

on the flipside, i remember dimitry's dresses and yet he's always safe.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:27 pm 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

Fabio's was boring I thought. And I was about to flip out when I thought they were sending Gunnar home!!

I really dislike Alicia. She needs to exit stage left. Irritating, dull, and I've hated everything she has done so far. And what is up with the constant ignoring of Dmitry!? I would have worn that dress for sure. Ven's looked like an alien was going to burst out of her chest.

Anyway, I think the right person won this week. That dress was gorgeous and I would wear it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:03 am 
Married to the wolfman

Ariann wrote:
Although, is it just me, or was the fabric that many of them chose (Dmitry, Elena, and others) super ugly?

You mean that shiny black trashbag fabric right? SO UGLY. I actually loved the shape of Elena's dress (for one) but that sparkly trashbag fabric killed it for me. Yuck yuck yuck.

Fabio's was my favorite by far of the top 4. Elena's - fabric, yuck. Christopher's - looks like it should have been worn on the Titanic. (Gunnar's looks predictable and dated but this is okay?!) And Melissa's - Melissa's is so, so ugly. Between the fabric, the asymmetry, the crazy rectangle front piece... the rectangle front piece is the worst part because it makes this visual illusion that her model has boobs that are both flat yet drooping/hanging. (I guess that "ledge" is the edge of the rectangle.)

I really liked Dmitry's (he made that fabric look more acceptable for some reason, I guess it's the color) and I think that if Sonjie's had been finished better she would have been on the top.

Pleased with the minimal drama and douchiness this episode. It was nice to see them just work.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:56 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

chris dress is up on the l&t website and it's awful.

http://www.lt-insider.com/2012/project- ... rd-taylor/

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:49 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

*shudder* That back cutout still looks wonky, and the fabric is pleated instead of Christopher's fraying edge "technique".

They should have given Ven a warning too, one more of those flowers and I'm going to barf. Yes, that shiny, stiff fabric was horrible. I can't believe Elena got high marks for her dress, it just looked so awkward and stiff. It might've been cute in a different fabric. Very weird that Dmitry's was just safe!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 709 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 29  Next