For some reason, I can't find a thread on Colleen Patrick Goudreau's Vegan Table, so I'll start one here! Favorite recipes? Just bought this book (as well as Color Me Vegan).
I can't get over how outstanding these recipes are. I have a feeling I'll be making everything in this book!
Things I've made so far:
- Marvelous Mushroom Risotto - AMAZING. I used a mix of wild mushrooms from the farmer's market, and the result was outstanding. Totally impressed my omni bf.
- Blackberry Pecan Crisp - added the optional peaches. also incredible! this was gobbled up within a couple days.
- Basil Pesto - fast and fresh tasting
- Penne Pasta with Fresh Veggies - nothing super exciting, but lots of fresh flavors.
- Garlic and Greens Soup - the ingredients list sounds boring, but the result is fantastic. so hearty and warming.
- Lemon Pesto - liked this even better than the plain basil version. my new go-to pesto recipe!
On an unrelated note, I love her Vegetarian Food for Thought Podcasts - they're the reason I've been able to cut out dairy/eggs from my already vegetarian diet. I signed up for her online 30-day vegan challenge this month, but I've been pretty disappointed with that since it's exactly the same content as the podcasts. Has anyone else tried it?
“Don’t do nothing because you can’t do everything. Do something. Anything.” - Colleen Patrick-Goudreau