| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4386 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94 ... 176  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ventilation Station 2.0
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:24 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Wow, that is really crazy. Ugh.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:28 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Tofulish, as someone who suffered from PPD with my first child (while being a SAHM) and has both worked out of home and been a stay at home, that really pissed me off to read. You're right, that person is way out of line. I don't know if anyone who ever suffered any type of depression did so because she decided to be depressed. If you could decide to be or not to be depressed, I think I know a lot of people who would not ever be depressed, myself included.

I love the shiitake out of my kids, but I did not love being home with the Emperor 24/7, never doing anything other than taking care of him/doing baby crepe, never having a break or a rest or a date night or whatever, which was the only way we could make it work for me to stay home with him, and I am SO forking over apologizing for not enjoying it more.

I think it's so wild that some people think oh, EVERYONE should enjoy having kids/being with kids/being a stay at home parent/etc. It's like assuming that because you like being an accountant, everyone else in the world should like being an accountant. Anyone who doesn't like being an accountant is nuts! Anyone who enjoys balancing a checkbook but doesn't want to commit to it full-time is insaaaaaane or just making up things to bisque about!

Agh. Sorry, I'm ranting, but yeah, that sort of thing gets me. It really does. Unfriend! Do iiiiiiit!

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:41 pm 
Semen Strong

I defriended, but man I am so sick that people can think that way. I had 3 people treat me like I was too stupid to get that my life is a luxury right now and I should just enjoy it while I can, while they work hard for the Man and are forced to pay taxes.

Its so horrible on many levels, and so offensive and I just can't go over all the ways in which it sucks. So glad I have the PPk with its awesome reasonable and brilliant people.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:30 pm 
Nailed to the V

littlebird wrote:
bcakes wrote:
Dear Baby,

I can't wait for your arrival because I'm pretty sure you'll have a much harder time kicking my bladder once you're on the outside of me. There is nothing cute about adult-diapers, baby, so please don't force me to buy them.

Love,

Mom

haha... every once in a while i catch myself thinking, OMG when will this baby get out so i will stop feeling x,y or z. and then the baby gets out and yeah, i'd rather get kicked in the bladder.

just kidding.

a little.

No! Don't destroy my hope. At least when the baby is outside of me, I can hand him to other people....

Tofulish wrote:
I defriended, but man I am so sick that people can think that way. I had 3 people treat me like I was too stupid to get that my life is a luxury right now and I should just enjoy it while I can, while they work hard for the Man and are forced to pay taxes.

I'm trying to think of something profound to say, but I've got nothing. I'm quite outraged on your behalf though.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:51 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Child, please tell me what the hell troubles you so that we can start getting more than an hour's sleep at a time (if that). It's been 9 long months already.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:30 pm 

Update: a whole hour now, with one peep that she managed to sort out herself. Facebook time for mommy! Wash dishes! Kiss my husband! Whew.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:43 pm 
Impressive boner

coldandsleepy wrote:
I think it's so wild that some people think oh, EVERYONE should enjoy having kids/being with kids/being a stay at home parent/etc. It's like assuming that because you like being an accountant, everyone else in the world should like being an accountant.

I have nothing to add but empathy.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:13 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

dear tzipi baby. i am not your jungle gym. i am not your punching bag. i am fighting back the urge to drop kick you and i'm not even joking. bashing me with that adorable and yet insanely heavy head of yours is not making me like you very much right now.

also, when, after beating me up for half an hour and then proceeding to bounce on the giant ball ON THE BED while i yell at you to knock it off before you really hurt yourself, you fulfill my prediction and fall off the bed (fairly gently, no lasting damage), i will not be overly swayed by your screams and wails of protestation.

love,

your somewhat touched-out mother

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:16 pm 
Semen Strong

Awwww poor LB! I can't imagine having to deal with a superactive kidlet while pregnant. Its like getting kicked from both sides!

Sending you and both babies lots of good (and calming!) thoughts!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:34 pm 
We So Excited

Instead of being upstate with my partner, her sister and mum and sister's gorgeous new baby, I'm here eating tater tots with a teenager who is trying to learn the multiplication tables for the first time in her life after the shock of starting her community college summer bridge program. (Surprise! Your skills are really low!) I'm reasonably sure I made the right choice, especially since I've been gone a lot this summer, but I would rather be snuggling a newborn, and my partner, than be home kinda bored and making an effort to be present to a kid I know needs me right now, and is probably grateful I stayed, but isn't about to tell me.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:56 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

You're a really good mom, Friday <3

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:35 pm 
We So Excited

Thank you <3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:15 am 
Semen Strong

Oh Friday, you're the best. Its such a shock to realize that your skills aren't what they need to be, and your daughter is so lucky to have your support, even if she isn't telling you that in words right now.

Sending you many good thoughts <3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:46 pm 

Ditto all the above. :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:52 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Friday - good for you. When I first read your post I thought it belonged in the "happy family" thread or the "sweet moments" thread, even if it's not necessarily super-happy-fun-times.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:28 pm 
stop: can't. won't. don't.

Friday wrote:
Instead of being upstate with my partner, her sister and mum and sister's gorgeous new baby, I'm here eating tater tots with a teenager who is trying to learn the multiplication tables for the first time in her life after the shock of starting her community college summer bridge program. (Surprise! Your skills are really low!) I'm reasonably sure I made the right choice, especially since I've been gone a lot this summer, but I would rather be snuggling a newborn, and my partner, than be home kinda bored and making an effort to be present to a kid I know needs me right now, and is probably grateful I stayed, but isn't about to tell me.

kudos to you and best of luck to your kiddo.

and on behalf of the math teachers of the world: THANK YOU!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:03 pm 
We So Excited

Thanks everybody.
Calc, it was her math instructor who got her on this task, but I'll take credit. I've been trying to push her on this for years. We've been playing "price is right" in the supermarket checkout line for two years now. She'll just guess randomly, see me thinking and say stop adding you're cheating! And I'll laugh and say you're allowed to add, too. Finally last week she complained she couldn't do math because she'd always been given a calculator (she even was able to take the RCT with a calculator--it's on her IEP.) So when she was told Thursday she needed to go back to basics, I think she was ready to hear it.
So now this def should be in happy moments. But I was miserable when I wrote the first post.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:30 am 
Chip Strong

All I have to say is that I must really love my partner to be able to put up with his family.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:50 pm 
Married to the wolfman

To the people who just stood outside my house chatting SUPER loudly while your little dogs barked at each other and woke my infant up after I got him to sleep again finally: seriously, fork you guys. You're rude and I hate you.

To my older son who woke the baby up the first two times before this: I'm not thrilled with you right now either okay.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:11 am 
Seagull of the PPK

you know all that stuff i said the other day about how proud i was of my partner for being so sweet?

I TAKE IT ALL BACK

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:39 am 
We So Excited

Oh, sorry torque.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:59 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

today was the most frustrating day in the history of toddler-kind.

i had big plans. i start a full time french course next week, so my summer of bumming around is coming to an end and i have some big house projects to wrap up. i was going to work on tzipi's bed (it's gonna be AWESOME) and frame some artwork and do some paperwork that's been languishing and clean my floors and so on.

but tzipi had an off day at daycare yesterday, and a crappy night of sleep, so i asked her if she wanted to go to daycare and she said no. she's not sick though, just needs a bit of a slower pace, right? so we decide to make an early morning trip to ikea to pick up her big girl bedding and a couple little things. we went to the cafe and had a snack, i let her wander around the store looking at stuff. well, apparently i am an idiot for thinking this could be fun and relaxing. somewhere around the bedding section, she heard a "noise" and became inconsolable. wouldn't sit in the cart, wouldn't go in the carrier. being held in both my arms on my front while she gripped my neck in a vise was the only acceptable solution. and i'm 7 months pregnant. this is neither comfortable or sustainable. at that point i just grabbed a duvet and pillow and got the hell out.

she passes out in the car. when we arrive home, there is no parking on my street due to construction, street cleaning, and people parking like forking jackasses. get tzipi out and into bed, drive up and down my street looking for a spot. nothing. leave it parked illegally, hoping tzipi will wake up soon so we can go out or something until the street clears up.

tzipi wakes up, i mysteriously have not got a ticket, and we go out for lunch and to grab a couple other things. it's going well! she's eating lunch! enjoying her smoothie! i am relaxing!

and then. it stops going well again, for some unknown reason. bawling, screaming, flailing, scratching my face. we leave.

the rest of the day has been incessant demands for freezies, vitamins, sugar, coffee (!!), more tv, accompanied by jumping on me, the couch, the floor, the bed, me again.

i feel like crepe because i've been yelling at her all day. she's been alternating between acting like a happy monkey on crack and a potentially rabid monkey on crack. i don't even know how to react at this point.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:21 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Poor kid. Bad sleep will wreck you. I hope tomorrow goes better!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:17 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Poor littlebird, I am sorry. I hope tomorrow is better!

My vent. Inlaws. Idont really want to go into specifics on the Internet, but they called today with some pretty upsetting news. They are pretty high drama to begin with but I am mostly mad because my husband is super stressed out with work, being the breadwinner and just being a dad and husband and they always have to bring their drama around. I know they don't have the easiest life, but it is because they have made bad choices over and over. I am so tired of having to coddle 60+ year olds. I sometimes joke with my husband that he has been the adult with his family since he was 5, the thing is is that it is mostly true. They are incredibly kind and loving people, but I just want to shake them and tell them to get their shiitake together. And I really want them to stop putting their bullshiitake on Nate. He has enough on his plate without this. Last week a good friend of his died and he had to work all weekend while we were on vacation. He just needs a little time of rest and relaxation without someone else crapping on him.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:28 pm 
Nooch of Earl

So we joined a baby gym class a few weeks ago, and it's mostly been great - gives V a chance to run around, tire herself out, get some much-needed interaction with other babies and toddlers around her age. She's very social and we don't have many friends with young kids nearby so it's good.

Only today was so difficult. First, circle time is always a giant failure and it seems to last foreeever (OK like five minutes). The dozen other kids there all sit in the circle and participate and follow along and Vi just takes off at a tear to play in the rest of the gym. It's not a huge deal, but I feel like I have to chase her around and try to get her to participate (at a previous class I just let her run around like she wanted to and one of the instructors kept bringing her back so it seems like they don't really want them to opt out, but she has no interest in circle time when she wants to be on the go!).

Then they bring out these little car/scooter things that they let the kids ride down a big ramp, and Vi LOVE this. Great, except that she has a full on meltdown when it's time to let another kid take a turn. There's only one ramp and one car, so we end up just sitting in a corner for five minutes crying it out until car ramp time is done and they put it away.

Anyway, this has been happening a lot lately - Vi finds something she likes and we have to do it OVER AND OVER AND OVER again. I know it's a phase, but she picks the most boring books - like this 'summer' one that is basically just 8 pages, each with pictures and captions like 'ice cream,' 'sunshine,' 'meadow,' 'sun hat.' Or yesterday I happened to watch the ad for the green party presidential candidate because I was like 'who's she?' and then Violet cried unless I played it about 20 times until she got bored.

I know it's just a phase but ack. It wouldn't be so bad if a no didn't result in full on bawling. It doesn't seem like other kids her age are doing this..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4386 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94 ... 176  Next