| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Whatever are you sick of?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:38 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

they look similar to me for some reason. if i put them next to each other they probably dont but in my head they look very similar.
the look of EVIL

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:41 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

LisaPunk wrote:
they look similar to me for some reason. if i put them next to each other they probably dont but in my head they look very similar.
the look of EVIL

They went to the same acting school.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:40 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

I'm sick of being frightened of everything.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:14 pm 
Dead by dawn

I'm sick of people. Specifically willfully ignorant people. I got into it on the book of faces with my friend's dad and step-mom over the Bill Nye creationism-is-bad-for-kids video. Her dad called it a "cheap & shoddy political rant" which tells me he hasn't seen it. Her step-mom insists that he was disparaging religion, which apparently makes him a "commie hollywoodenhead moron" and which tells me she hasn't seen it. I pointed out that he makes no mention whatsoever of religion, just objects to literal young earth creationism because it flies in the face of everything we know. She claims that young earth creationism is "part of every christian religion." Lady, you're Catholic. You church isn't like super gung ho about it, but they do accept evolution. What the fork is wrong with people?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:54 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I'm sick of bad vegan dreams, where I'm eating meat and I finish my meal and freak out that I 'forgot' I'm vegan. Last night I dreamt I had eaten half a peppermint Cornetto icecream and I was shrieking to Husband "omg I can't believe I didn't check to see if it was vegan". And then I said oh well, I've eaten half so I may as well finish the rest. Then I wake up feeling all crepe.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:47 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Peri wrote:
I like peace and quiet. I'm comfortable in silence. I'm sick of people coming into a peaceful room I'm in and turning on the tv. Then the person who can't stand the silence leaves the room a few minutes later which forces me to get up out of my comfy chair to turn the tv off. Most of the time they never return to the room anyway. And I hate saying "turn the tv off when you leave the room, please". It sounds rude.

I always thought this was just my problem. My husband and I usually just chill in the morning. Breakfast, coffee, computer, but our roommate wants to turn the TV on every morning, and half the time doesn't even sit down to watch it. We get up after he's already left during the week, but it drives me nuts on the weekend.

And then there's the wanting to talk to me, loudly, while I'm obviously reading a book or immersed in a movie/TV show.

Roommates suck.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:38 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I'm sick of sneezing. And I'm sick of having to go to the doctor every month to get another prescription for a known, ongoing condition (i.e., my allergies aren't seasonal). So, I guess I'm sick of doctors not listening to me.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:05 pm 

TurningVioletViolet wrote:
I'm sick of bad vegan dreams, where I'm eating meat and I finish my meal and freak out that I 'forgot' I'm vegan. Last night I dreamt I had eaten half a peppermint Cornetto icecream and I was shrieking to Husband "omg I can't believe I didn't check to see if it was vegan". And then I said oh well, I've eaten half so I may as well finish the rest. Then I wake up feeling all crepe.

I have these when I get stressed. I'll be eating something tasty in the dream, look down part way through the meal, and realize it's got meat in it. So icky.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:30 am 
Saggy Butt

my boyfriend's best friend moved halfway across the country to work at the gym my boyfriend manages, and i let him take up in the second bedroom. (i own the house, btw and do not by any means need a roommate to make things work) until he could build up a clientele and move out. well i did not know that he SOLD HIS CAR before he moved up, and therefore needs to buy a new car before he could move out. he has been here for 6 months already and has saved up NO MONEY AT ALL SO FAR.

i'm so irritated by this. i want this guy out of my house but i don't want to say or do anything that will ruin my boyfriend's friendship with him. he's way overstayed his welcome. and even my boyfriend is annoyed by him. (did i mention he doesn't have a car so he's ALWAYS THERE? have i mentioned what his constant presence is doing to my sex life?)

also last night he took a girl from the gym out to a concert that my boyfriend and i also went to. he also took her out to dinner. so i'm guessing he spent a minimum of 100 bucks on this chick. how about you spend it on moving the fork out?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:46 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I'm sick of taking the American bills in our tip jar to the bank to get a currency we actually use in this country.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:00 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

vijita wrote:
I'm sick of taking the American bills in our tip jar to the bank to get a currency we actually use in this country.

Is there any way you can put a note on the tip jar saying Canadian Dollars Only Please? Or would that be construed as rude?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:03 am 

rachell37 wrote:
vijita wrote:

Is there any way you can put a note on the tip jar saying Canadian Dollars Only Please? Or would that be construed as rude?

No, we accept them. But so many people act as though they're doing us a favour by contributing their US dollars. I found a Euro the other day. It's great to tip, but the ignorance gets to me.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:50 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

FootFace wrote:
Me? I'm sick of people.

I sometimes/often feel like that too. I sometimes/often feel like George Carlin said it.

LisaPunk wrote:
im sick of the election.
im sick of Mitt Romney's ugly mug
im sick of them calling him "former governor of MA" (blech i sure as fork didnt vote for him)
im sick of his douchy running mate
im sick of everything they stand for that attacks everything i believe in

I'm sick of the election too, mostly cause I'm not an American and either try to avoid it in order not to get totally frustrated...(cause the U.S "loves" to force their "freedom' on to other countries)...or I'm trying to avoid screaming "you Americans are forking nuts!", while in reality all Americans I personally know are the of reasonable kind.

I seriously wondered if I could deal with six weeks of internet deprivation just to avoid all comments about the election either here or on facebook.

I think it's sad but true:

"the fact that Americans will probably remain wilfully ignorant of the big red white and blue dick that's being jammed up their asparagus all every day...."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:14 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

I'm sick of people that start sentences with "I'm not a racist, but..." and then say something racist.
I'm sick of stereotypes of how women are (we're all yogurt-eating, does-this-make-me-look-fat, emotionally disturbed, oprah-loving, manipulative jerks, right?)
I'm sick of that guy in FF's post.
I'm sick of American politics.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:44 pm 

I'm sick of being sleep deprived.

http://toocheapforpinenuts.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:49 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

I'm sick of working.
I'm also sick of text messages. What's wrong with email, people?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:32 pm 

papercuts wrote:

Me too. Texting seems so laborious since I have never really liked phones in the first place. Email is civilized and more personal. I know other people do it all the time, but I can't properly express myself when I'm smushed into a city bus trying to text with one finger.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:39 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I'm sick of my dog being happy and hyper at 7.30am on the weekend mornings. I hate her. (not really, but I wouldn't mind a wet nose not being shoved in my face at 7.30am on a Sunday)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:48 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

I'm sick of people saying racist shiitake and then accusing me of being "politically correct" for calling them out on it. I've even had people tell me that *I* am the racist for "noticing race." I'm so sorry for not pretending everyone is white like you do.

vijita wrote:
papercuts wrote:

Me too. Texting seems so laborious since I have never really liked phones in the first place. Email is civilized and more personal. I know other people do it all the time, but I can't properly express myself when I'm smushed into a city bus trying to text with one finger.

I find texting very useful, but it bothers me when people expect me to carry on an entire conversation through text messages. If someone wants a real-time response, they need to call me.

So embarrassing!" -just mumbles

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:51 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Jigglypuff wrote:
I find texting very useful, but it bothers me when people expect me to carry on an entire conversation through text messages. If someone wants a real-time response, they need to call me.

God I hate conversation through text. I get seriously pissy. Where do these people get the time? Especially when they are meant to be at work!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:48 pm 

I'm sick of people directing their anger at me when someone else peas them off.

I'm sick of my friend acting like I don't exist when her stupid, dumb, and fork ugly boyfriend is around.

I'm sick of having mood swings.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:12 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I'm sick of people calling me when I email them. I emailed you for a reason, and that reason is that I don't want to talk to you. It's especially annoying when I'm trying to find dates for my boss to meet someone - I like to be able to do my research rather than be put on the spot, and you/your boss might not be the most important person on my list.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:41 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

rachell37 wrote:
I'm sick of people calling me when I email them. I emailed you for a reason, and that reason is that I don't want to talk to you. It's especially annoying when I'm trying to find dates for my boss to meet someone - I like to be able to do my research rather than be put on the spot, and you/your boss might not be the most important person on my list.

Yeah, so much. In my field, I like email because I'm referencing docket numbers, talking about specs related to print work, and so email gives me a chance to write that all out. When people call me and expect me to be able to recite very specific information pertaining to their design job, I get annoyed.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:01 pm 
Grandfathered In

Yes, yes. And emailing gives you a record. Easy to refer to later and you can use it to cover your asparagus.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:03 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

rachell37 wrote:
I'm sick of people calling me when I email them.

This, every day. Even worse are people who call in response to an email, then finish the call with 'okay, I'll just write that all down and email it through to you then'. Why not just email me in the first place?

Also, I'm sick of being cold all the time. I usually like winter, but I'm pretty done with this one.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next