| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 690 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 28  Next
 Post subject: Re: Toronto
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:09 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Tea wrote:
Do you have one of their 9 burritos 1 free cards? They don't seem to advertise them, but I filled and traded in my first one last week. It was a truly momentous occasion. It was getting kind of gross because I spilled coffee on it at least twice. My new one is so clean, so sparkling white, so unmangled by my pocket... it's like a new beginning. A new burrito beginning.

I don't! But I live in London so I'm not there often enough. GAH. Less than two weeks until Veg Fest!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:49 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

We rented a U-Haul for our last move. We didn't have personal auto insurance at the time. My husband crashed the giant U-Haul truck into a car trying to do a many-point turn into our back lane! And it was all fine - we didn't have to pay a cent. I'm pretty sure the insurance you have to buy covers not only others but you as well. This also makes sense from U-Haul's perspective, because they can't rely on people being solvent in order to recover the costs of replacing their damaged vehicles. U-Haul serves the clientele that can't afford to hire movers so they definitely want to be insured.

But if you're worried, you can call and ask what would happen in any of these hypothetical situations, ask what the insurance covers, etc.

You'll be totally fine though! Good luck on the move!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:16 pm 
Saggy Butt

almost veg fest!!

is anyone going on sunday?? me/my bakery is part of a cupcake competition at 4 that will be judged by isa and terry, among others!
(note: i'm freaking out. just found out the details.)

lobsterriffic (and anyone else), i'm always up for beers! or beers and food!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:34 pm 
Inflexitarian

I'm probably going both Saturday and Sunday! Sunday for sure, though. I'm doing a 10k run that morning so I'm going to be in the area anyway and probably famished. Also, probably sweaty. Sorry in advance.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:03 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I'll be there definitely on Friday and hopefully on Sunday! I have a wedding that I am going to on Saturday so unfortunately unable to attend...but hoping that I don't drink too much at this wedding so I will feel up to going to Sunday's events!!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:49 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

chimrichalds wrote:
almost veg fest!!

is anyone going on sunday?? me/my bakery is part of a cupcake competition at 4 that will be judged by isa and terry, among others!
(note: i'm freaking out. just found out the details.)

lobsterriffic (and anyone else), i'm always up for beers! or beers and food!

There's a cupcake contest?? I didn't know that :( Ah well.. There's always next year :)

I'm going Saturday for sure. I'm part of a Raising Veg. Children panel at 3 p.m. Right after Taymer Mason (!!).. I hope people show up!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:27 pm 
Saggy Butt

mamatafari, that sounds awesome!! i'll try to get away and peek in :)

i think maybe bakeries that have booths were asked? i have no idea how they organized the 6. it's going to be quite a bit more work than i originally thought (on top of everything else!) but i think it will be fun. next year :)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:05 pm 

chimrichalds wrote:
mamatafari, that sounds awesome!! i'll try to get away and peek in :)

i think maybe bakeries that have booths were asked? i have no idea how they organized the 6. it's going to be quite a bit more work than i originally thought (on top of everything else!) but i think it will be fun. next year :)

This time I will remember to stop by your booth. Fingers crossed I'm selling next September. With 3 leeeetle children, it's been way to busy. What are you going to be selling?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:31 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Does anyone know if you can get Cheezly anywhere in Toronto?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:34 pm 
Inflexitarian

Move successful. I don't know where my postdated cheques went, though...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:40 pm 
Inflexitarian

Nvm. Found them.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:48 pm 

This event is taking place Monday. They are still looking for donated vegan baked goods to give away for dessert. I'm bringing in a butt load of cinnamon rolls.. https://www.facebook.com/events/212888618840978/

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:55 am 

T. and myself will be at the fest this Saturday, we'll be catching Taymer, Isa and Terry's demos. And, of course, walking around and seeing all the booths. I'll be reppin' PPK (ppk shirt, I have red hair and am female), so if you see me, please say hi!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:18 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I'll be there too! In a PPK shirt of course. I'm really tall, so if you see a PPK giant wandering around that's me. My husband is currently living in California due to work and the one week that works out for him to visit falls over Veg Fest so I'll have him with me, too.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:29 am 
Inflexitarian

Wasn't able to get a ppk shirt. I don't know yet what shirt I'll be wearing, but I have a scraggly red beard and brownish hair and glasses. I need to trim my beard so as to look less like a mountain man, but I'll let it be until after the weekend. So, look for two-tone haircolours?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:15 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I actually won't be able to wear my PPK shirt due to obligations to wear other shirts, but I'll be the one introducing both Terry and Isa so say hi!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:55 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

annamal wrote:
I actually won't be able to wear my PPK shirt due to obligations to wear other shirts, but I'll be the one introducing both Terry and Isa so say hi!

lucky!

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:24 am 
Inflexitarian

annamal wrote:

Are you introducing them at every event where they're being introduced? I was just looking at the schedule and there's a lot! I need to print it out and highlight the interesting looking parts, or something.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:27 am 

so cool, annamal! I'd be giddy if I got to do that. Do you volunteer for the TVA?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:45 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Tea: Not every event - just Saturday at 4 and 6 in the Lakeside Terrace.

Paprika: I do! I'm also on the board, which is why I am the official introducer :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:18 am 
WELFARIST!

Okay so I'm either going Saturday and will be hitting up Isa & Terry demos at 4:00 and 6:00 in the Lakeside Terrace or I'll come Sunday and get my Isa & Terry 2 for 1 fix at 2:00 p.m. I will be at one or t'other but I probably can't do both days (though I would if I could! I just have too much weekend cookin' to do myself).

Also, if I can de-lint my PPK shirt of cat hair so as to be publicly presentable, I'll wear that. Hell, I'll probably wear it anyway. The vegans will understand!

Wishing everyone a great time this weekend.

Hope to see you guys! <3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:34 am 
Inflexitarian

I'm probably going to wear this shirt on Saturday: http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/abd4/

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:50 pm 

I might decide to wear a dress instead, if it's going to be stupid humid like it was in London today (this one: http://img.eshakti.com/clothImages/CL0023046_OSL.jpg)
See some of you tomorrow maybe?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:50 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

I'll be there for Isa's and Terry's demos -- I don't have a PPK t-shirt though.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:37 am 
WELFARIST!

I'm probably going tomorrow for the Isa & Terry togetha demo and then subsequently the cupcake wars because that sounds like a lot of fun. If I lived close by I would have gone all three days! (meaning last night, too, but I've never gone on the Friday evening). Also, I need a new purse so I'm hoping a couple of stalls will sell some vegan merch. I'm still kicking myself for not buying this nice black hemp purse that was perfect for my needs a couple of years back... I look hopefully for that same purse every year since and haven't come across it again. Argh! If I can collect myself to get down there before 4:00 today, I'll do eet. Tomorrow it's supposed to be nicer out, too, I think, with some sun!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 690 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 28  Next