| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5964 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159 ... 239  Next
 Post subject: Re: online dating (how r u 2day qt?)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:39 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

ah, welp, I just reached the saturation point in truly horrible messages. there's that out the window.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:17 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

So you know that girl who was being super intense that I was hanging out with? Well, turns out she's not intense enough! Or just intense and rude.

She said she wanted to take me out to dinner tonight, we planned that on Thursday...she suggested 6, I said ok. She was having a clothing swap at her place during the day which she invited me to but I said I was busy with my new kitten but dinner would be good. She texted me sometime before 6 saying she was running late because of the clothing swap, could we go dinner later? 6 is pretty early, that didn't bother me, I basically said that anytime that was convenient for her was fine. But you know, I meant like...within normal dinner hours. A bit later she asked if 8 was ok, I said yeah, and suggested she come over here at 8 and meet my new kitten and I would make us pre-dinner cocktails. She agreed.

A little past 8, I texted her a picture of me with the kitten, because I was bored, and she was like oh you're teasing me and I texted back "then come over." At almost 8:30 I texted her asking if she would be over soon. No response. At 8:45 I told her I was hungry and bored and a bunch of my friends were going to a dance party and I had no idea if she was coming so I didn't know what to do. Around 9 she texted me that she felt awful that she was taking so long and she could meet me where ever. I asked her where she was, apparently she's at a bar near her house with her friends. Like, not on her way over, not dealing wbith some crisis, just drinking with her friends. She offered to pay for my cab over there but at that point I stopped responding. She just called me and I didn't pick up...like I don't want to have some conversation with someone I've known for two weeks about why I'm mad at them, you know? You have to do that shiitake with girlfriends sometimes but I don't want to have a dramatic talk about why I'm upset. So now I'm all dressed up and bored in bed. And I don't really want to go to the dance party because it's too far, I was totally bluffing.

Oh and I had plans last night with a friend and she flaked with me, and the same thing happened last Friday and Saturday night!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:37 pm 

I AM EXCHANGING DRAMATIC TEXTS WITH SOMEONE I'VE HUNG OUT WITH FOUR TIMES. I should probably just date boys.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:39 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

strawberryrock wrote:
I AM EXCHANGING DRAMATIC TEXTS WITH SOMEONE I'VE HUNG OUT WITH FOUR TIMES. I should probably just date boys.

Hugs.

But to be honest, don't ditch the ladies because of this. She just sounds rude. I mean, who says no to you, a kitten AND cocktails, for fork's sake. (Any sane person would be happy with one out of three, pffff.)

Oh and I saw Her again yesterday, and we kissed and she's so soft and prrfblladsfsfieoreorwepr. Yes.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:44 am 

I haven't actually dated a boy in four years or something, I am pretty attached to ladies. There was more stuff after that, she spent a long time convincing me to let her come over and offered to bring dessert and a movie and stuff...but I would have been annoyed at the whole time so it didn't sound that fun to me. Then she wanted to at least talk in person after I basically told her that I was annoyed and then she at least wanted to talk on the phone and I was like, we can talk tomorrow. AAAAHHH. It feels like some stressful weird fight I would have with a girlfriend. It's not supposed to be like that after two weeks!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:56 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

There is little chance that she is going to change over time so I would cut ties with her and move on. Generally, people show you their best side in the early stages of a relationship and if this is what she's got...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:46 am 

She ended up getting really really apologetic later in the night, I don't know if she was really drunk before and sobered up, or for whatever reason suddenly realized that I was legitimately upset and had good reason to be. I ended up agreeing to breakfast this morning. We'll see if she wakes up and remembers! At very least I'm assuming she's paying so that's nice.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:22 pm 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

Date with Australian guy was all right but we got kind of drunk and not much fun followed. Won't see him again other than to return his umbrella he forgot here.
I think I'll just stick to the two guys I'm seeing almost regularly, I had a crazy month and now it's enough getting to know new people.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:30 pm 
Semen Strong

Fifty Shades of Anek :) You're having quite the exciting sex life these days :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:44 pm 

Same 40 year old from my town has looked at my profile 3 times. No message, thankfully. I seem to be repelling people.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:54 pm 
Semen Strong

Vantine wrote:
There is little chance that she is going to change over time so I would cut ties with her and move on. Generally, people show you their best side in the early stages of a relationship and if this is what she's got...

Plus one yuppy. I think the crucial difference (for me anyway) between dating in your 20s and in your 40s is that you have truly learned this fact. Also, the world is very large and there are lots of people who aren't rude in it.

I can't even be friends with people who aren't in communication when they are going to be late, barring a horrible tragedy. I find it a level of rudeness that I can't tolerate. And me chasing you to hear that you're going to be late isn't acceptable either.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:39 pm 
Nailed to the V

Anek wrote:
I used to date only guys my age or a few years older, now I'm dating someone 4 years younger (I'm 32) and I see no issue whatsoever because we're basically at the same stage of life. It really depends on the people.

well 32/28 shouldn't be an issue , that's like no difference at all :)

Besides, I hate all this forking (hetero-)normative pressure that says that the girl has to be younger. I mean: 10 years youger than him is normal, but TWO years older you are called a cougar... Pardon???? Or the look on their face saying "O that's funny I'd never have tought I'd date a girl THAT old!" Or... yeah, the list is too long! And it makes me unconfortable each time I have a crush on younger ones, it's so unfair!

Well, I must say on average the guys I was with were probably older but it's definitely a mistake! From now on I should date ONLY younger cuties as a sign of protestation...

Conclusions: ENJOY!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:33 am 

Tofulish wrote:
Fifty Shades of Anek :) You're having quite the exciting sex life these days :)

I know! I haven't been running for a month but it doesn't show because I've been so active in other departments... :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:37 am 
Thinks chickens are assholes

Sexercise, whoo!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:30 am 

Go fezza! Butterflies are awesome!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:39 am 
Semen Strong

Yay fezza! Yay butterflies!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:51 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Goooooooooo Fezza!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:14 am 
Inflexitarian

Yeah lady I've been seeing casually told me today that I am too emotionally distant and that she wants something more serious. The first one is true, and the second part isn't mutual, so that's that I guess. Kinda bummed.

To be fair, I am really really bad at juggling school and dating, so this was pretty much inevitable. I feel like I might be a bad person, though.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:37 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I reopened my page. I don't think I want to date yet, but I want to see who's out there.

I'm in a weird spot. I have a serious, Level 100 crush on a guy. He knows and it's mutual, but he just got divorced a few months ago and he's still looking around on eHarmony, seeing what's out there. Starting lots of conversations, going on lots of dates. Which I understand, though I dislike it. I mean, he was with the same woman for over 10 years. But I really want to try dating him. But I'm not just sitting on my butt while he sows his oats. So this will at least be some entertainment and you never know who you'll find.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:21 am 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

Tea wrote:
Yeah lady I've been seeing casually told me today that I am too emotionally distant and that she wants something more serious. The first one is true, and the second part isn't mutual, so that's that I guess. Kinda bummed.

To be fair, I am really really bad at juggling school and dating, so this was pretty much inevitable. I feel like I might be a bad person, though.

That sucks. I'm afraid that something like this is going to happen to me. I know that I stay very pre-occupied with school, but I really hate the idea of giving up dating/love for the next three years while I get my degree. :-/

You're not a bad person, things just didn't match up for you this time.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:56 am 
Inflexitarian

A really cute girl who's apparently a 99% match sent me a message. I want to respond but maybe right now I shouldn't? Also, she's vegan so for all I know she might read this which would be pretty embarrassing.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:14 pm 
Inflexitarian

papercuts wrote:
That sucks. I'm afraid that something like this is going to happen to me. I know that I stay very pre-occupied with school, but I really hate the idea of giving up dating/love for the next three years while I get my degree. :-/

You're not a bad person, things just didn't match up for you this time.

Yeah I feel the same way. I'm here for a long time; If I just put my whole personal life on hold I'll go insane. But at the same time, it's more or less my top priority.

Seriously though, I felt really bad for saying no so often, so I'd occasionally say "sure" and then have to back out after later realizing how little time I actually had available, which is undeniably rude and jerkish. I need to start keeping a schedule, or a day planner or something, so I can give accurate yes or no answers to invitations.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:17 pm 

Looks like some of you are having good luck :D

I've just been asked if I would like to "make online sex" with a Turkish dude. I know you're all jealous right now.

EDA: I talked him down to being friends from abroad. Or something. Totally messaging some cute dudes who play Pokemon now.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:10 am 
Huffs Nooch

So I've got an OkCupid success story. This girl had in her "You should message me if" section that I should message her if I thought we'd be friends. And I totally thought we'd be friends. So I messaged her. And we've been talking. And it turns out that she's a PPKer! I was messaging j-dub!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:13 am 
Level 7 Vegan

broseph wrote:
So I've got an OkCupid success story. This girl had in her "You should message me if" section that I should message her if I thought we'd be friends. And I totally thought we'd be friends. So I messaged her. And we've been talking. And it turns out that she's a PPKer! I was messaging j-dub!

Haha, that's awesome!

So embarrassing!" -just mumbles

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5964 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159 ... 239  Next