| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1755 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 71  Next
 Post subject: Re: Very Special Customers/Clients
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:18 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Mr. Shankly wrote:
raspberrycomplaint wrote:
(Still not as bad as the bag of old underwear that someone gave us years ago.)

.......old underwear??

Yeah, I don't know. This family brought in a bunch of trash bags filled with stuff. Usually when we get those, they are filled with blankets. But after the family left, I opened one bag, and it was just filled with old stained undergarments. At least they didn't ask for a receipt for tax purposes?

And we also got a package of Depends once, but I think that was an accident (haha) and not an intentional donation.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:56 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Dear clients,
When I email you all the things that I need you to do so that we can move on to the next phase of this, you do not get to ignore that email and then blame me that your ad did not run on time. I follow up. I made the calls. I, in fact, did my job. So do not be surprised when I tell you that I have had to tighten up the rules for you doing anything with us.
And never ever tell me "Do you know who I am" as a response to being told you can't do something. Because I promise, that will only make it worse.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:20 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

Fee wrote:
zwingtip wrote:
I was a very special customer yesterday. I called Candle Cafe to ask if they were open.

I have to defend this very specialness, since I called a place to ask the same thing last week and even though someone answered, they weren't opening for another two hours. Maybe it's irritating to employees, but I shall defend my right to call before going all they way there to have to turn around.

Isn't that kind of the point of a business having a publicly available phone number? So you can call them and ask them stuff like "are you open?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:26 am 
Saggy Butt

choirqueer wrote:
Isn't that kind of the point of a business having a publicly available phone number? So you can call them and ask them stuff like "are you open?"

i suppose, but i would like to believe that most of these businesses also have some type of web presence with their hours of operation. when i worked at the customer service desk of a very large, 24 hour grocery store we would get 'are you open?' phone calls constantly.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:42 am 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

Norelle wrote:
choirqueer wrote:

i suppose, but i would like to believe that most of these businesses also have some type of web presence with their hours of operation. when i worked at the customer service desk of a very large, 24 hour grocery store we would get 'are you open?' phone calls constantly.

Lots of people don't have access to computers and/or the internet.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:49 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

I get so nervous trusting websites/social media for shops, because some of them don't update as well as they should. I was so excited to try this new food truck last weekend. I checked their fb page that morning, and it said they were open until 5, so I packed my (very grumpy) toddler into the car, drove a half hour, climbed a very tall hill in the insufferable heat with beforementioned grumpy toddler on my back, and got there at 1:35. There was a sign on the truck saying they were closing at 1:30 to go to a wedding. No updates on fb when I checked later. That made me never want to go there again.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:18 pm 
Saggy Butt

j-dub wrote:
Norelle wrote:
choirqueer wrote:

Lots of people don't have access to computers and/or the internet.

this is true, however i'd imagine MOST people in the upper class area surrounding my 24 hour grocery store WOULD have the internet pretty readily available. and having spent a wonderful internship at the phone book and discovered a pretty dismal usage rate for it, i would guess most people are using the internet to find the phone number of the establishment anyways. also people used to call at 2 in the afternoon. what freaking grocery store ISN'T open at that time?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:52 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

flavabean wrote:
got there at 1:35. There was a sign on the truck saying they were closing at 1:30 to go to a wedding. No updates on fb when I checked later. That made me never want to go there again.

oh, i had something similar happen, but with an expensive bridge into the city, a coffee shop, an expiring groupon, and a private party (so they were open and i walked in, but was turned away) it's so frustrating!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:11 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Nobody uses the phone book. They call the library for that. Old people call every single company whose products they buy. Every single one.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:29 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

Vantine wrote:
Nobody uses the phone book. They call the library for that. Old people call every single company whose products they buy. Every single one.

i can't wait to get old and have lots of exciting chats with the customer service staff at bob's red mill.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:37 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

If I ever own a company, we are not going to have an 800#. Old people don't call non-800#'s.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:49 pm 
Dead by dawn

Vantine wrote:
If I ever own a company, we are not going to have an 800#. Old people don't call non-800#'s.

Yes they do. On the 3rd of the month, they ALL call their local bank branch to make sure their social security has been deposited.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:57 am 
Level 7 Vegan

Any person who looks at my male coworker instead of me to ask a question or when I'm having a conversation with them. It happened three times today. Hello, I have a guitar tattooed on my arm. I know what I'm talking about.

Positive thing: my darling harpist coworker always sends guitar questions my way, even if the guys are working, cause she loves that we have three women in our shop with various expertise. Oh, I love my coworkers.

The Oxford Imposition: http://theoxfordimposition.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:20 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Same thing happens to me but opposite, people walk right up to whatever female coworker is near even if I'm free, wearing an apron and looking right at them, and my coworker is busy with something.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:19 am 
Lime and a Coconut

Yesterday, at 5:29 pm (I close the office at 5:30 and was busting asparagus to finish formatting a motion), a woman comes in, stinking drunk and sobbing, and pulls up her blazer sleeve, screaming "I HAVE SCABIES!!!"

boring story even more boring, she ended up getting kicked out (quel surprise, I know) by me. Naturally, because she was drunk and hoping for attention, she didn't go quickly or quietly, but accused me of being The Man. She also laid into me for my tattoos (probably because they were visible atm and the only thing she could grasp onto) and kept screaming "You think you're so hip!" I replied "what I am is sober." Her response was the best: "who cares about being sober?" Obviously not you, ma'am. She was screaming the whole way down the stairs "I would NEVER get tattoos!" then forkin' don't, then! Just shut your scabies-havin mouth and forking leave!

Ah, my work. Nonstop entertainment. I got some compliments for my witty response though.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:49 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

flavabean wrote:
I get so nervous trusting websites/social media for shops, because some of them don't update as well as they should.

I will always be a special customer if calling a business to see if they are open/deliver/whatever is a no-no. I have been burned way too many times by poorly updated sites to ever just trust that biz.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:45 pm 
WELFARIST!

ismloveyoubobbybrown wrote:
flavabean wrote:
I get so nervous trusting websites/social media for shops, because some of them don't update as well as they should.

I will always be a special customer if calling a business to see if they are open/deliver/whatever is a no-no. I have been burned way too many times by poorly updated sites to ever just trust that biz.

Me too. Especially for very small businesses.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:20 am 
Ninja Master

Erika Soyf*cker wrote:
Yesterday, at 5:29 pm (I close the office at 5:30 and was busting asparagus to finish formatting a motion), a woman comes in, stinking drunk and sobbing, and pulls up her blazer sleeve, screaming "I HAVE SCABIES!!!"

boring story even more boring, she ended up getting kicked out (quel surprise, I know) by me. Naturally, because she was drunk and hoping for attention, she didn't go quickly or quietly, but accused me of being The Man. She also laid into me for my tattoos (probably because they were visible atm and the only thing she could grasp onto) and kept screaming "You think you're so hip!" I replied "what I am is sober." Her response was the best: "who cares about being sober?" Obviously not you, ma'am. She was screaming the whole way down the stairs "I would NEVER get tattoos!" then forkin' don't, then! Just shut your scabies-havin mouth and forking leave!

Ah, my work. Nonstop entertainment. I got some compliments for my witty response though.

I love your response! haha, jeez! I thought the a-holes I have to speak to in my job were bad enough, ranting at me about forking risk assessments and caravan steps all day!!

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:35 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

A first in my eighteen months at this often crazy job! Scabies Baby called the next day to apologize for her behavior. Naturally, I wasn't there the first and probably only time I will receive an apology for this sort of shenanigan.

Just had this thrilling conversation:
Me: "What exactly is your question, ma'am?"
Caller: "Does he know anything... about anything... that he may have told someone... about what happened to me?"
Me: "...... does he know anything about anything that he may have told someone about what happened to you."
Caller: "yes."
Me: .___.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:25 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

I've been doing some casual work at a local museum, mostly weekends. Today there was a lot of kid noise and a bit of banging coming from one of the galleries I was looking after and I got there to find about 6 kids milling about while the parents (I presume) changed a seventh one's nappy on one of the benches.

We've got baby changing facilities, people! I understand it might have been a drag to have to go to them instead of changing a nappy in the middle of a gallery, but still. Eww!

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:05 pm 
Inflexitarian

From when I worked as an operator at a conferencing business:

A certain large health insurance company used the "scheduled" call service we offered to let people understand the change to their plan. Something to do with retirement, so mainly older people. Then they changed their mind on what they wanted to do, but failed to notify the customers. So we got many confused elderly people for days, including some convinced I was either a machine, worked for the health company, or wasn't in this country. One lady told me an elaborate story about her lady bits and wanted to know if the health insurance could help cover something to "help". So to my supervisor it sounded like I was giving sex advice to a customer..

In retrospect the wrong numbers were much better than the actual customers. (big wig executives usually)

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/GeekKnowledge

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:01 pm 
Bought A BRAND NEW CAR!

Oooh, PPKers how smart are you? Our visitors coming to look @ leaves, have a really hard time comprehending that the leaves change first in the higher elevations, and move down slope. They always seem to think that we are changing later here, compared to say, the Blue Ridge Parkway in Virginia. So they seem annoyed to learn this, that we have no leaves up @ a mile high elevation (with a climate similar to boreal forests).

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:37 pm 
Semen Strong

dropscone wrote:
I've been doing some casual work at a local museum, mostly weekends. Today there was a lot of kid noise and a bit of banging coming from one of the galleries I was looking after and I got there to find about 6 kids milling about while the parents (I presume) changed a seventh one's nappy on one of the benches.

We've got baby changing facilities, people! I understand it might have been a drag to have to go to them instead of changing a nappy in the middle of a gallery, but still. Eww!

I change my kid's nappy in public. Because it is so hard to get a dirty unhappy kidlet all the way to a changing facility that often doesn't have enough space to really do a good job esp if my kid is wiggly.

I used to feel the same annoyance with parents, but being in their shoes, I now wish people had more compassion with parents. Its really hard sometimes when you're exhausted to drag your kids into a secluded area to breastfeed or change or whatever. And at the same time, you can't stay home forever.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:31 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Tofulish wrote:
dropscone wrote:

I change my kid's nappy in public. Because it is so hard to get a dirty unhappy kidlet all the way to a changing facility that often doesn't have enough space to really do a good job esp if my kid is wiggly.

I used to feel the same annoyance with parents, but being in their shoes, I now wish people had more compassion with parents. Its really hard sometimes when you're exhausted to drag your kids into a secluded area to breastfeed or change or whatever. And at the same time, you can't stay home forever.

I just wanted to point out that if you have more than one kid, it's super hard to drag the other kid away from what they were doing so you can go into the bathroom where you hope there is a space to change your kid. But yeah, I know it's annoying if you're not a parent yourself.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:21 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

My husband will change a diaper ANYWHERE. sometimes it makes me nervous. I think parents become immune to the ick factor after awhile and a lot of places don't have changing tables or room in the restrooms anyway. So yeah, I would totally change a diaper on a bench in a museum. Especially if I had older ones with me too. Sorry!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1755 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 71  Next