| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1556 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 63  Next
 Post subject: Re: The welcome thread for new members!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:36 am 
Tofu Pup

Hi everyone,

I used to come on here a lot, then stopped for a few years and now I'm back. :) I needed to re-register so here's my hello post!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:20 am 
Tofu Pup

Hi,

I'm Frank and I've been eating a vegan diet for about a year now and I'm glad to be here. As for tater tots, I must admit they're a guilty pleasure for me which I indulge on a limited basis.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:10 am 
So Totally Yiffy

Good morning ~

My name is Elizabeth, and I'm a vegan in training. I've been a vegetarian off and on for many years and am interested in moving further away from animal products altogether. I own a library full of vegetarian cookbooks (used to be a huge Moosewood fan) and just ordered my first strictly vegan book last night--Colleen Patrick-Goudreau's Vegan's Daily Companion. I've been hoarding several others from the library over the past few weeks thanks to recommendations from these boards (AFR, VWAV, Veganomicon, Vegan Planet) and have been enjoying all the new recipes. I'm really looking forward to participating in the upcoming cookbook challenge!

Peace ~
Elizabeth

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:34 am 
Wears Pleather Undies

Hiya! I'm a NYC vegetarian who thinks about food all day long. My husband and I are both specialty-diet douchebags...he can't have gluten or high sodium. We are the worst dinner party guests alive. Anyway I've been reading recipes and cooking tips off this site for a while now, and I finally decided to stop being a creepy stalker and start posting. I suspect that I will constantly post in the "can I eat this?" thread because I am both too cheap to throw out food and paranoid about food poisioning. Yay!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:15 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Hi!

Autumn is around the corner and for me that means I'm hungry for new beginnings. I'm one of those people who never seems to be done with school (hoping to be a Registered Nurse in June 2014, I'll be 34 then!) and I think that's why the end of summer gives me that feeling.

This autumn, it's vegetarian/vegan cooking, and linedancing. I'm not new to cooking without meat, it's how we eat most days. However I want to learn more, try some dairy-free stuff, and especially learn to make great burgers, cutlets and sausages instead of relying on ready-made. I've started by using my copy of Veganomicon more - I've had it for years and the only recipes I made more than once are the broccoli polenta and the olive-crust pot pie.

Otherwise, I like to read, sew, knit, and play with my husband and 16 month-old son. I live in Sweden. We don't have tater tots.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:01 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hello, pretty much brand new vegan here. I've always flirted back and forth with vegetarian diets and such, grew up on a farm and really love animals. I love cooking, and creativity, hate the guilt, and adore the idea of the healthful benefits of transitioning to a vegan diet, so I'm excited to go through the recipes here and get some help and support when I need it. And I'll definitely need it.

Soo.... I lurk around the Pacific Northwest and am a student of comparative literature and film, the world's most useful subjects. But I do alright. I have a wonderful husband and an African Grey (Gomez Addams), a little villain of a lovebird (Renfield), my little old lady of a jenday conure that we inherited (Posy), two lovely rabbits (Meadow, and Blackie), a possum (Sookie), a pretty awesome chinchilla (Rorschach), my supremely adorable rat (Temperance) and a couple of scaly monsters, Oolong, Barbie, and Queen Etherea.

I guess my life pretty much revolves around film, literature, my husband, our pets, and cooking. So all in all, I'm having a blasty-blast!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:44 pm 
Tofu Pup Forever

Since I don't want to be deleted, (I'll handle that myself) I'll introduce myself. I'm a part time refugee from overly serious vegan health nuts who spend far too much time debating exactly how much flax seed they need for omega 3 love, and whether cyanocobalamin is an acceptable form of B12. I need a little humour here, although I'm not really punk anymore. Mainly I rock out to Engelbert Humperdink, Glen Campbell and John Denver. That's punk, right? I represent the South Bay in California where Steve Jobs could have been my neighbour growing up. He wasn't, but I did live down the street from his high school. I'm an endurance athlete that eats plants, although really all I want to do is run around in the woods all day. It's just that I often do it with several hundred "friends" all with numbers pinned on elbowing the crepe out of each other. In the meantime, I'm killing time until Vegan Mofo and Nanowrimo.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:45 pm 
Dead by dawn

vegpedlr wrote:
John Denver

My first love. True story.

Oh, and welcome.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:38 pm 
Tofu Pup Forever

monkeytoes wrote:
vegpedlr wrote:
John Denver

My first love. True story.

Oh, and welcome.

Thanks!
My first love in music too. Made me try guitar. My sister and I get teary eyed and nostalgic.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:09 pm 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

Hello!

I've been a vegan for 6 years and a vegetarian since I was 8 years old (I'm in my 30s now). I love to cook and experiment with food. I make everything from scratch and try to come up with new recipes on a regular basis. Occasionally it's a complete failure, but usually it's at least edible and, sometimes, it's downright delicious. I live in a small mountain town on the Idaho-Wyoming border, where I'm very lucky to have access to an amazing variety of fresh, organic, local food.

I live with the 3 best dogs in the whole world - 2 Siberian Huskies and a GSD/Boxer mix. They're smart and funny and athletic and every bit as sweet as they are adorable. They're all rescues, but I'll never be able to give them nearly as much as they've given me.

I look forward to learning from everyone here. Cheers!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:09 am 
Tofu Pup

I transitioned from vegetarian to vegan about 4 months aggo after listening to some podcasts by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau. I graduated from college in May with my bachelors and started work at an environmental consulting firm that works with landfills. It's a crazy dorky job but I love it. I love cooking vegan food for my coworkers and not reminding them that it's vegan until after they've gushed about how yummy it is.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:31 am 
Tofu Pup

Hi all. I used to be here, then I wasn't, but now I am, and happy to be back :) I'm Amie. I've been vegan for a few years. And we don't have tater tots in the UK (at least I don't think we do), but I'm partial to a potato waffle every now and again.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:36 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Hi, I am on my 8th week of following a vegan diet. Been looking around for a forum to learn a lot. Quite excited to find this place.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:59 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

heiemi wrote:
I transitioned from vegetarian to vegan about 4 months aggo after listening to some podcasts by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau.

Hey me too! Well, 3 months for me, but close enough :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:07 pm 
Tofu Pup Forever

Hello all! Long-time listener, first-time caller.

I've been vegan for 2 years this month and vegetarian for two before that. I live in Portland, Ore., eat too much pizza, and write for a few food publications. I'm working on launching a project of my own: check it out at veegmag.tumblr.com

I love Japanese food and baking (I'm a professional baker), and I'm prone to brief obsessions with ingredients. I just went through a cardamom phase, and I tend to fall in love with rosemary again at least once a year.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:24 pm 
Tofu Pup

Well my name is Aliyah pronounced a-lie-yuh, and I am not a liar. Personally i like tater tots but i try not to eat them to often. I'm down to get to know other vegans out there, for friendship and support (: achievepeace.tumblr.com

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:46 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hi all! I'm just another vegan that moved to pdx after being in a small town that didn't know what tofu was. I've been here a few months with my two spoiled rotten cats. Vegan with a Vengeance was my first vegan cookbook 4 years ago, I've been vegan for 2 years :D

Post subject: hi guys...
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:06 am 
Tofu Pup

Hi,
I m also newbie..your most welcome to this community. Hope you will stay over here for long time with us...... Cheers!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:21 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Howdy! I'm Kylie. I'm new here. Been vegan for a year and a half. Converted the husband 5 months ago. I live in Los Angeles with the man and our two rescue dogs Henry & Willow. I'm an office slave by day but run a handmade business in my "spare" time. I also blog about my vegan adventures.

I LOVE TATER TOTS!

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:34 am 
Tofu Pup Forever

I'm Sarah, from New Zealand. Been strict vegan (with my partner) for a year, and a 'flirt' for a year before that. I live in a city that half fell down in earthquakes (Christchurch) and I work promoting volunteering, specifically in the youth sector. Appetite for reduction was my first vegan cookbook and even as we try other authors, PPK and affiliates are still our favourites.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:43 am 
Tofu Pup

I'm Susan - I live in the South (but originally from CA). My husband is vegetarian, I'm semi-vegetarian (flexitarian??) and we want to attempt to try a vegan diet. Hope to find some ideas/support here.

Dinner last night? Mashed Potato Enchiladas

Pro-tot (though haven't eaten them in years)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:14 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Runnergurl - Mashed potato enchildas sound AMAZING!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:31 am 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

Hi, my name is Heather and this is my first post here! I have been vegetarian for 15 years but today is my very first day of being completley vegan. I have two daughters that are also vegetarian but not ready to push them into vegan yet. I am looking forward to being an active member of the boards.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:47 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Hi there, PPK! I'm Pyewacket, and I'm wearing cat ears. I've been vegetarian for a long time, and a few months ago I noticed I had dropped everything non-vegan bit by bit.

I found my way here by following the trail of a herd of wild tater tots.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:57 pm 
Tofu Pup

First post here and I use tater tots as insulation in my window frames in the winter. They're perfect. Been vegan for eight weeks now and loving it.

Reply to topic  [ 1556 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 63  Next