| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: do your cats meow?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:29 am 
Level 7 Vegan

I don't have kitties of my own, but I live with a roommate who has two. One of them is a crazy, formerly-feral eight month old tortie who meows about EVERYTHING. It reminds me of the "Mommy? Mama? Mum?" thing Stewie does in family guy. "Meow? Meow? MeeooOOooOW! Mew Mow!" Me: "WHAT?!" Her other kitty is a mellow 14 year old calico who only meows if I pick her up.

So embarrassing!" -just mumbles

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:56 am 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

I love this thread! My girl, Suki, meows all the time. And she has different meows depending on what she is saying. Wanting to play, wanting attention, hungry, bored, dragging a toy around the house, wanting something she can't have, anxious, startled - the list goes on and on. She is extremely dramatic and expressive (and bossy), and I love it! We definitely have conversations, and she even meows at the phone and the answering machine.

My boy, Simon, is almost always quiet. He's started meowing a little more since I adopted Suki 3 years ago. He's a big boy with a teeny, tiny, high-pitched, wavering meow compared to Suki's assertive and loud yowls. I love so much how different each cat is, and how they have such different ways of expressing themselves!

And the chirping - yes! Like they are trying to contain their excitement but they just. cannot. handle it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:27 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Benjamin is a chatty little dude. He greets me when I come in (or is possibly scolding me for being gone, depending on the day), and follows me around updating me on his day. He frequently sits in the other room and yells until I come in and sit with him, which is cute but a little bossy. He is very expressive and generally starts with just staring me down if he wants attention, but quickly shifts to progressively louder meowing. We do have full conversations, and my boyfriend has even started doing it with him, too, which is adorable.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:59 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

dakini wrote:
Do your cats meow?

All the flipping time.

Newt will yowl at me from the living room, from the kitchen, and from outside. When I go to check on him (because his cries always sound so urgent), he's just chilling out or waiting to be entertained. He also cries when he wants to be picked up and then affectionately bites when he gets his way. Usually he's really loud, but sometimes he'll do a really cute and lower response with an almost purring quality to talk by making one noise and opening and closing his mouth to make several sounds.

Rylie talks a lot, too, though not nearly as much as Newt. Rylie's talking is also a lot softer.