| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7584 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233 ... 304  Next
 Post subject: Re: What nail polish are you wearing?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:20 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

interrobang?! wrote:
It's a pretty pejorative term. Essentially, a harsh/coarse/vulgar/shrewish harpy. Clearly my signature varnish.

I can't tell for sure since I haven't seen a swatch, but it looks like it might be really pretty. So at least your signature varnish isn't some hideous vomit brown.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:35 pm 
Mediocre Tart

*snort (like a harpy)*

"I will take a drugged, sex-crazed, punk rock commie over Mrs. Thatch any day of the week" - Vantine

"I just finished building my Irn Bru cellar!" - Steffers!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:07 pm 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

interrobang?! wrote:
Urgh. Fishwife? Fishwife?! I know I've said before about hating the Butter London names, but that is just WHAT.

Yep, the reason I don't have any BL polishes is that I hate the names.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:10 pm 
Mediocre Tart

Seriously, I thought it was just me.

"I will take a drugged, sex-crazed, punk rock commie over Mrs. Thatch any day of the week" - Vantine

"I just finished building my Irn Bru cellar!" - Steffers!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:16 pm 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

interrobang?! wrote:
Seriously, I thought it was just me.

Nope!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:21 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I do my best to ignore nail polish names, because they're all incredibly stupid, and on occasion they cross over into the land of offensive. Sinful Colors have an iridescent glitter polish called Pearl Harbor (because nothing is quite so chic as tragedy). OPI has a polish with the borderline racist name "Miso Happy With This Color". Pure Ice's plain black creme is called "Black Rage".

I like the way most Asian cosmetics companies use letter and number codes, or just numbers. I've seen some European companies do the same thing. It seems like US companies saw OPI coming up with stupid names and followed suit (BL are US based despite the name).

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:05 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

My Zoya still isn't here and I don't even have a shipping number. It was even eligible for me to cancel up until like Friday. You guys got my hopes all up and now I watch for the mail daily with a hopeful, goofy look on my face.

Also, I love the First Lady's nails!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:19 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

i *just* got my shipping notices yesterday (one for the remove i ordered forever ago, finally back in stock, and one for the BOGO order), so hang in there!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:00 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I hate OPI names so bad. I think ORLY does okay and CG sometimes has cheesy names. I like that Zoya picked a simple theme - women's names - and stuck with it.

I ordered some empty bottles and a few supplies from TKB and now i'm mixing my polishes together and it's like CRACK.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:22 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Zoya and Julep both do the women's names thing, and I like it, though I wish Zoya didn't feel the need to creatively spell so often.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:48 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

found a site that may cause a few people tp get a little grumpy with some companies.

take a look at this. I think it bears some more investigation because of the whole thing with the UD, some of our FAVS are in this list group too at the top that we definitely need to look into further... Im highly sad but if we can make sure and start a campaign like happened with UD...
well anyway.. take a look.

http://veggiebeauty.com/my-cruelty-free-list

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:42 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

She needs to update her list, Paul Mitchell have already released a statement detailing that they've pulled out of the Chinese market due to the testing rules and won't be re-entering until those rules change, and I've gotten email from Leaping Bunny confirming the same.

Aldi doesn't operate any stores in China, or anywhere else in Asia for that matter, only Europe, the US, and Australia. It's right on Wikipedia.

Wet n Wild are currently only available in North America, why would they enter the Chinese market before entering the European market? The same is true in reverse for Barry M. The only companies I've seen expand into China have already had an international presence.

Jane Cosmetics was just completely restructured by the venture capital firm that bought them, they haven't even had opportunity to fully re-enter the US market, let alone look into international markets. Their revamped line just came out a month or two ago.

Inglot only sell their line in Ingot stores or at Inglot counters inside other retailers, not through any other distribution, and Ingot doesn't have any retailers in China.

Essence seems to have a larger international presence, I know they're available in Singapore, so they've entered Asia, and could be in China. I haven't seen anything to suggest they are, but I'll leave that open to a possibility.

I don't know enough about Sleek, CoverFX, Prestige, Physician's Formula, or It's A 10 to speculate, and I'm too sleepy to keep googling. I don't care much about Bonne Bell, since most of what they sell isn't vegan anyway, and again, sleepy.

Dermalogica I'm not sure what to think, they're still on Leaping Bunny, who are pretty reliable, I'd say more reliable than the Peta list for sure, but Dermalogica have a Chinese partner on their site
http://www.dermalogica.com/us/about/contact_china.html
So that's perplexing.

I wouldn't worry too much about discount brands like Wet n Wild or Barry M moving into China, not right now at least, the Chinese market that's growing wants luxury US and European brands, or at least ones with a recognizable name. I've seen the high end and luxury brands selling in China more than any others.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:16 am 
Ninja Master

jojo wrote:
interrobang?! wrote:
Urgh. Fishwife? Fishwife?! I know I've said before about hating the Butter London names, but that is just WHAT.

Yep, the reason I don't have any BL polishes is that I hate the names.

Same here, I hate the names and I really hate OPI names too. Also BL are £12 each - I think that's a lot for polishes and they don't look particularly special to me.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:08 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Not sure how good of a deal this is, but if anyone wants to take advantage...I saw this on TV this morning. Zoya trio for $12.00

http://gma.yahoo.com/-gma-deals-and-ste ... style.html

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:49 am 
Ninja Master

Barry M have been posting pics of their new Gelly polishes coming out soon, on Facebook today. Some of them look pretty nice!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:34 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

jessilikewhoa wrote:
She needs to update her list, Paul Mitchell have already released a statement detailing that they've pulled out of the Chinese market due to the testing rules and won't be re-entering until those rules change, and I've gotten email from Leaping Bunny confirming the same.

Aldi doesn't operate any stores in China, or anywhere else in Asia for that matter, only Europe, the US, and Australia. It's right on Wikipedia.

Wet n Wild are currently only available in North America, why would they enter the Chinese market before entering the European market? The same is true in reverse for Barry M. The only companies I've seen expand into China have already had an international presence.

Jane Cosmetics was just completely restructured by the venture capital firm that bought them, they haven't even had opportunity to fully re-enter the US market, let alone look into international markets. Their revamped line just came out a month or two ago.

Inglot only sell their line in Ingot stores or at Inglot counters inside other retailers, not through any other distribution, and Ingot doesn't have any retailers in China.

Essence seems to have a larger international presence, I know they're available in Singapore, so they've entered Asia, and could be in China. I haven't seen anything to suggest they are, but I'll leave that open to a possibility.

I don't know enough about Sleek, CoverFX, Prestige, Physician's Formula, or It's A 10 to speculate, and I'm too sleepy to keep googling. I don't care much about Bonne Bell, since most of what they sell isn't vegan anyway, and again, sleepy.

Dermalogica I'm not sure what to think, they're still on Leaping Bunny, who are pretty reliable, I'd say more reliable than the Peta list for sure, but Dermalogica have a Chinese partner on their site
http://www.dermalogica.com/us/about/contact_china.html
So that's perplexing.

I wouldn't worry too much about discount brands like Wet n Wild or Barry M moving into China, not right now at least, the Chinese market that's growing wants luxury US and European brands, or at least ones with a recognizable name. I've seen the high end and luxury brands selling in China more than any others.

She said she isn't going to update it anymore:

http://veggiebeauty.com/1925/site-updat ... sting-list

Kristy is who I buy a lot of my makeup from, and she does have very strict standards for herself but she's not a dick about it to other people. Which I believe is part of the reason she doesn't feel comfortable keeping a list for other people to reference.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:46 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I wasn't trying to say she was, just that I thought her list was wrong. I follow her on facebook and it seems like she's primarily focused on her cosmetics line now, as opposed to doing the blogging, so it makes sense she wouldn't have the time to do the list.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:59 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

Thanks Jess! I didnt even think to google... DUH which is really stupid on my part since I pretty much live and breathe by Google...

And I am SO happy to hear about PM. They are one of my fav hair product lines and would seriously put a cramp in my style if they were on my No Buy list..

I didnt see the list wouldnt be updated any longer and I can understand that. Choices to purchase products or not is a very personal decision. I am going to have to check out her cosmetic line. Didnt know she had one and if you guys like it, sounds like something I should get looking at :)

THANK YOU FOR THE ZOYA LINK Angelina! I got the trio with two of the ones I wanted to get with it!! THANKEE!

Baps? I actually agree. I havent found a BL polish that I thought was something I couldnt live without. Most of the ones I have seen are just regular creme formulas... not too into cremes. I guess Im part Magpie/Raven cause I always go for the more blingy polishes lol.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:02 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

Has anyone heard of Suncoat products??

http://www.suncoatproducts.com/

They are listed as actually being Water based and vegan.
Have any of you guys ever tried them? Found the remover on the vitamin site I get our stuff from and was like.. hey.. THATS interesting!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:00 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I haven't tried Suncoat, but if you google water based polishes you'll see that the reviews for that type of product aren't very promising.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:04 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

baps wrote:
Barry M have been posting pics of their new Gelly polishes coming out soon, on

I like plum a lot!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:30 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Fashion week is happening and Zoya is going to have two new trios of polishes for it!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:29 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Has anyone ever ordered from RGB? I placed an order with them on the 29th, and I haven't heard anything since then. I called customer service yesterday and got a voicemail, so I left a message saying I was curious about my order status and they never called. I know it's been barely over a week, but I'm used to companies shipping pretty fast.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:32 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

I figured as much, especially when I read that they can remove the polish with warm water soak and scraping it off... was kind of like Ew.... gooey sticky mess anyone? lol

if they are a US based company, dont forget most had a short work week due to Labor Day on Monday.

Im sure it threw some things out of whack, including an extra day for shipping being missed..

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:48 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

I ordered from RGB and I had a horrible experience and won't be doing it again. You can try emailing them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7584 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233 ... 304  Next