| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 585 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
 Post subject: Re: new WW plan coming out soon
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:40 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

29 was the old "floor"...26 is the new "floor" as of Dec. 2011, mostly for those who were having trouble losing on 29. If you were fine on 29, you can manually adjust it back up by going into your settings in the Plan Manager.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:19 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

I'm interested to see if I can do 26, but 29 may be where it's at for me.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:56 am 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

hi, all you WW people. I'm doing WW online version at home - no meetings. With being a gluten-free vegan, it's pretty hard to get anything out of a meeting where they're telling me to eat meat, and whole wheat, and drink milk, y'know?

Those of you who are saying that you have to adjust your points down to a realistic level are correct. The online points are set way too high! But, from their perspective, I can see why. No one monitors you at home, so they want to err on the side of caution to prevent people from "losing too quickly," and pull you in to a meeting to see "what's wrong" if you lose to slowly. I have to adjust mine downward to achieve any results at all - and I'm a super healthy eater!! I'm on maintenance now. I'm 5'8", 145lbs. To maintain that, I have to adjust my daily points down to 26, my weekly point down to 21, and still get in about 12 exercise points a week.

The tracking works wonders for me. Tracking is what helped me discover I was totally gluten intolerant! Having multiple food sensitivities, and reacting maybe a day or two later, it's nice to look back and see what may have triggered it, see if there's a pattern. So, as long as this keeps working, I'm going to keep doing it. The online only is half the price of going to meetings. It's under $19 a month. That's worth it to maintain my health, imo.

Nice to "meet" all of you WW/vegans here!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:05 am 

The online daily targets are set from the same calculation as your target would be at a meeting. There is no difference between meetings and online in that respect. There is no trickery there, I promise. You will eventually drop to the 26 daily target as you lose weight...and trust me you will miss those extra points when you get there, so eat them while you can! ;)

For me, the biggest difference between online and meetings is that online members do not get free Lifetime membership when they hit goal. Unless you continue paying your $19/month, you get no support for maintenance. Lifetime/meetings members get free support for maintenance - I can attend a meeting anywhere in the world as long as I keep weighing in at least once a month within 2 lbs of goal. And you get free eTools now when you weigh in as a free Lifetime member. If you get close to your goal and decide you want to be Lifetime, you need to join meetings and lose 5 lbs there, then complete the 6 paid weeks of maintenance required for Lifetime membership.

Tracking is really the key to the entire program -- I just find that with online, you have to be super self motivated and 100% honest with yourself. Meetings aren't entirely focused on telling you what to eat. Members often share foods -- I just take that opportunity to share MY foods, which are vegan. ;) But most meeting topics are not really about food. I started with online and switched to meetings, even though I was being successful with online. I wanted to be a Lifetime member. I'm really glad I switched -- now I'm a Lifetime member and I'm a receptionist at our WW store, and I LOVE my job.

The cost was a huge issue for me too -- I just had to finally come to the conclusion that I was worth it. You have to do what works for you -- I just didn't want you to have any misconceptions about what meetings are about or what the differences are between the two.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:19 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

i saved all the ww points values for books (mostly all done by linanil) into a file. if anyone wants them emailed, let me know!

karichelle - i want to apply to be a receptionist at the local ww! i'm glad you love it - that makes me feel good :) also, i still don't understand the whole lifetime/maintenance/whatever. one of my high school best buddies is a leader for ww and was in the ww magazine once and I didn't get it when she explained it either. i'm usually so smart :D

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:31 pm 

In a nutshell, here's a timeline for becoming a Lifetime member if you're a regular meetings-attending member now.

Reach goal, celebrate in meeting, get star charm for your keychain, receive maintenance pamphlet to read
Begin maintenance period - weigh in for 6 more weeks, playing around with your daily target until you find the point where you maintain (and this playing lasted way longer than 6 weeks for me and is still kind of going on almost a year later due to changes in my activity level, becoming vegan, etc.)
On week 6, if you weigh in no more than 2 lbs over your goal, you become a Lifetime member, celebrate in the meeting, and get your Lifetime key charm & new Lifetime pocket guide, Lifetime card. If you happen to be more than 2 lbs over, you just try again next week, you don't have to start over.

To maintain your Lifetime membership - weigh in at least once a month at no more than 2 lbs over goal to attend meetings for free. You can continue weighing weekly if you want; the most successful LT members still do! If you're more than 2 lbs over, you pay the weekly fee. If you miss a month, you pay the weekly fee when you come back whether you're within the 2lb range or not.

Hope that helps! :)

(If you're currently an Online member, you just need to join meetings when you're at least 5 lbs from goal.)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:42 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I signed up today. I was counting calories on my own, but having trouble eating all my calories on stupid things like chips and clif bars. I guess I can do the same thing with points, but hopefully I will be more motivated to eat fruit.

And that spreadsheet for isa's books is amazing. Thank you, ppk!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:14 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

karichelle, that is super helpful - thanks!

this morning the scale said 133.4 and i'm aiming for 123 (i also don't have tons of faith in my scale because it has been WEIRD lately, but the batteries are new, and the scale is maybe 18 months old. can i go into the local WW office and just weigh in?

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:52 pm 

Online members can't weigh in at centers -- only meetings members, sorry! It's free to join right now at corporate locations (through 10/20) though so if you pay the weekly fee ($13 here, some places it's $14) you could weigh in, attend a meeting, and get copies of the printed program materials.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:02 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

So, I'm giving this a shot. I'm historically really bad at anything that involves tracking, but I know I need a change. I'm hoping that spending some of my moving fund $$ on this will be a motivator to stick with it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 585 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24