| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 55  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Unstoppable Thread of Vegan Shoe Coveting
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:19 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I wish Chie Mihara shoes were vegan :( And extra-wide :(

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:48 am 
Who's Ted Leo?

So the Tigers are so comfy....like light and breezy! I am thinking of another pair!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:51 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

pranaferox wrote:
Yes!!! Thank you :)

I saw that Marais did an update on their Chelsea style, too. These are the ones I have. They are looking pretty beat up though, so I don't know how durable they are for the price. They're comfortable though!

Image https://www.maraisusa.com/products-page/boots/beatle-boot-black/

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:57 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

fork me I need these boots, but they are so expensive.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:18 am 

paprikapapaya: Those are AWESOME! I'm tempted to ask where they're from, but I CAN NOT BUY MORE SHOES.

This is a hideous confession, but I returned 6 pairs of shoes this weekend. Whenever I'm tempted to order another pair, I think of how my shoulders ached carrying them all to the post office.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:51 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

paprikapapaya wrote:

Please tell me where those are from! They're my dream shoes.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:16 am 

They're from Good Guys Don't Wear Leather! Gorgeous, right?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:47 am 

thanks! those are really awesome, whether they're $250 worth of awesome is another question (that's how much they work out to with shipping, with paypal's current exchange rate).

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:55 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I got these from Alternative Outfitters and I love them.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:13 pm 

Image I'm not crazy about the ribbon around the top, but otherwise I really like these. http://goodguys.bigcartel.com/product/annaGood thing I'm NOT ordering any more shoes. @strawberryrock--I saw those earlier on ModCloth (I think?). Very cute!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:25 am 
Tofu Pup

http://goodguys.bigcartel.com/product/roddy

oh god I want these so forking bad.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:32 am 

I kind of feel like making a Y U NO image for Good Guys, "Good Guys, Y U NO HAVE CLEARANCE SALE?!"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

aiee wrote:
paprikapapaya wrote:

Please tell me where those are from! They're my dream shoes.

Hilarious, I just came in here to post that I just bought these!! There was a 15% off sale at Moo Shoes last night, so I got them. They're so comfortable. Still expensive, but unique enough that I figured they're worth the splurge.

ETA: They were $150, not over $200. Probably the most I've ever spent on shoes. But the construction felt incredibly solid and comfortable - not like the horrible stiff plastic I often feel with vegan shoes. Of course I can't speak for longevity since I haven't even worn them out yet, but I feel like they're going to last me a while.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:56 am 

Good to know they're at mooshoes so I can visit them in person!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:58 am 

aiee wrote:
Good to know they're at mooshoes so I can visit them in person!

Yeah, that was my mistake. I was all, "I'm just going to try them on..." Hence my undoing.

I see they're carried in red on the Good Guys website, but CURSES they're apparently sold out of that color! The olive is lovely, though. No regrets.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:24 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

alice1drland wrote:
ETA: They were $150, not over $200. Probably the most I've ever spent on shoes. But the construction felt incredibly solid and comfortable - not like the horrible stiff plastic I often feel with vegan shoes. Of course I can't speak for longevity since I haven't even worn them out yet, but I feel like they're going to last me a while.

OK so I'm picky about fit and my feet are a non-standard size (in Europe at least, UK 5.5 tend to fit best as a 5 is a touch too small and a 6 is way too big). I also live in a country where all shoe companies are like "real leather!" BUT that said, all my shoes cost $100-150. Which might explain why I currently own three pairs... My everyday walking shoes are dying and I really need a good pair of winter boots, though. And dressy shoes. I never dress up because I don't have shoes to go with dressy outfits. I also hate towering over people which is a problem since all the pretty shoes seem to have like 5" heels and I'm 5'8½"...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:26 am 

Oh great, I'll be at Moo Shoes in November...fork I think those might need to be mine if they're still there.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:30 am 

I'm so jealous of your ability to GO to Moo Shoes. I guess I could get off my asparagus and go to Sudo Shoes, but it's on the other side of the RIVER. Whine, moan, etc.

Good for you, alice1drland! They look like they'll be solid for walking around in, too. Is the heel/sole like a rubber gum? I had a pair of shoes like that that were very good for walking (in that respect). They were loafers though and rubbed ma bunions.

That's how I justify pricier shoes, if the construction is decent, maybe they'll actually last. Also, you're supporting a vegan company and a vegan store! I think that's why I felt bad returning my NeuAura shoes, but the heel (while feeling solid) looked really shiny plastic and cheap. I don't know. Maybe I was being too picky. At that price though, I think you have to be!

In other news, I went with the cement, but I'm having second thoughts--should I have bought umber?

http://cridecoeur.myshopify.com/collections/hearts-of-darkness-spring-2012

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:40 am 

fruitbat wrote:
I also hate towering over people which is a problem since all the pretty shoes seem to have like 5" heels and I'm 5'8½"...

Poo on that! Embrace your height and wear the pretty dress shoes no matter how high the heel is! I'm 6' tall and I rarely wear shoes with less than a 4" heel. It took me a while to come to terms with my height, but I've decided I don't mind towering over people and the boyfriend is only 5'9" and doesn't mind at all either.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:05 am 

zensquiggle wrote:
fruitbat wrote:
I also hate towering over people which is a problem since all the pretty shoes seem to have like 5" heels and I'm 5'8½"...

Poo on that! Embrace your height and wear the pretty dress shoes no matter how high the heel is! I'm 6' tall and I rarely wear shoes with less than a 4" heel. It took me a while to come to terms with my height, but I've decided I don't mind towering over people and the boyfriend is only 5'9" and doesn't mind at all either.

For real. This is how I generally feel, too, and I'm 5'7". The heels on the Wanda boot definitely didn't make me feel like a giant, though, for what that's worth. I need to come to terms with the fact that most likely nobody is thinking about my height, unless I'm talking to possibly a child.

Everyone come to Moo Shoes with me and we will folic in a land of faux leather and veganness! Or just convince one another to buy pretty and expensive shoes.

ETA: ndpittman, yeah, they're like rubber/gum on the sole!

Last edited by alice1drland on Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:06 am 

zensquiggle wrote:
fruitbat wrote:

Yeah, I know. Other people usually don't mind (I already tower over many of my female friends even barefoot plus several of my male friends are 6'3" or more). I'm the one who minds... I think maybe it's because I dislike being the center of attention? I'm comfortable enough with my height in my regular flat shoes (but that half inch is annoying - apparently I can't be an even anything). Besides I'd probably be unable to walk in very high heels anyway. I also think I walk too much in my daily life, so I'd have to be for special occasions only. And my feet are super prone to blisters. Most annoyingly no-one around here sells pretty vegan shoes and I need to try shoes on in person.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:52 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

I can relate to your height woes. I'm 5'11" and if I wear even a modest heel I'm towering over men and women alike. Over the last 5 years or so I've really come leaps and bounds re: coming to terms with my height and saying who cares, but I still don't have the confidence to rock the super high heels.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:05 pm 

Speaking of impossible shoes (or boots rather): Image
Zeppelin by Hades.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:59 pm 

fruitbat wrote:
OK so I'm picky about fit and my feet are a non-standard size (in Europe at least, UK 5.5 tend to fit best as a 5 is a touch too small and a 6 is way too big). I also live in a country where all shoe companies are like "real leather!" BUT that said, all my shoes cost $100-150. Which might explain why I currently own three pairs... My everyday walking shoes are dying and I really need a good pair of winter boots, though. And dressy shoes. I never dress up because I don't have shoes to go with dressy outfits. I also hate towering over people which is a problem since all the pretty shoes seem to have like 5" heels and I'm 5'8½"...

Where do you normally buy shoes? I found that Nilson have a handful of non-leather options if you look on their site, but I couldn't find any of them in store even though I checked they were in stock in the branch. I ended up with a pair of 8.5 cm heel ankle boots from elsewhere because I'm really sensible like that (we're roughly the same height; I don't normally wear anything that high). Eventually, as in next spring probably, I'll need a pair of flats that aren't sneakers but won't destroy my feet and are ok to wear with skinny jeans. My old ones fell apart last year.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:19 pm 

Chipmunk wrote:
Where do you normally buy shoes?

Normally I don't? Skopunkten are usually non-leather, but their shoes never fit me. The Nilson shop here is really tiny. All of my current shoes are years old. A pair of Converse, probably from a sports shop (these are responsible for my left fifth toe now being a giant blister after walking around a lot one day earlier this week), Vegetarian Shoes 14-eye boots (rubbish on snow/ice) which I bought when I lived in Stockholm so about 6 or 7 years old but still in excellent condition (they do tend to randomly give me blisters from time to time, though, and I hate the soles), and my day to day shoes which are Salomon trainers that I bought in Finland a few years ago. And yeah, the Salomon shoes don't go with skinny jeans which kind of sucks. I always end up with trainers since they're the only ones available in half sizes (yes, I've tried insoles no, it doesn't work).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 55  Next