| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 618 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: What did you make for your baby/toddler to eat today?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:36 pm 
***LIES!!!***

That dinner sounds amazing.

Malka is blowing our minds the last could days. She has eaten strawberries, blueberries, and chickpeas in addition to her tofu, Os and oatmeal. Hooray!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:37 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Yay Malka!

Good day here, felt sorta more balanced than some days.

B: pears, yogurt, squares (fake Chex)
snack: nibbled seedy bread
Lunch: vegetable soup, bread
snack 2: grapes
dinner: vegetable pizza, veggie sausages, noodles, strawberries

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:35 pm 
***LIES!!!***

And if drop in daycare isn't lying, she ate a half a hummus sandwich today, holy crepe.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:30 pm 

Ariann wrote:
And if drop in daycare isn't lying, she ate a half a hummus sandwich today, holy crepe.

Glad she is surprising you! I wonder what she will eat next.

I haven't offered any citrus fruit because i thought it was too harsh, but babynut just wrestled me for some clementines and won. She hasn't exploded or anything yet. But I'm still waiting.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:59 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

banana, avocado, oatmeal cereal, and tofu!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:22 pm 
Semen Strong

brunch: Oatmeal raisin waffle -with apple sauce. She ate half a waffle!

Snack: apple and a pickle slice that we got at the farmer's market. And then she found the bit of brownie I was saving for my coffee when she napped. And stuffed it into her mouth and giggled and giggled and giggled. There was no taking that brownie away from her.

Dinner: butternut squash, chickpeas and collards over Hearty Grains from TJs.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:41 pm 

Do your kids eat rice? Freya eats couscous, barley, and orzo pasta, but she has no love for rice for some reason. We've offered plain, in salads, "Mexican" rice, etc. but it nearly always comes back out, and we never see a voluntary second bite. I haven't tried rice porridge/pudding yet.

I didn't give her a lot when she first started solids because she had loads of constipation issues, but I did offer it even then. It's not really a big deal, just that we eat rice pretty often. Poor bean, I actually had it twice today because I ate leftovers from last night for lunch (she was offered some bread though).

Today:
early a.m. snack (went out to let Pappa rest as he was a bit unwell): half a breadstick from the shop bakery
Breakfast: some new yummy granola I found at the weekend, yogurt,blueberries, lots of water from a topless cup (very exciting, heh)
late a.m. snack: swedish toast
Lunch: marinated tofu, peas and maybe two grains of rice, bread. Skipped fruit as she was getting *very* tired
p.m. snack: demolished pears leftover from lunch. Really really loves them...she ate down to the seeds in the middle, and had them in her mouth before I could get at them. Spit them out on her own though
Dinner: picked at bean burrito, avocado, rice, plums

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:25 pm 

Refinnej, we haven't had much luck with rice either. You post actually made me realize I forgot to offer her the rice I had cooling off for her tonight! Oops. I'm just going to keep offering because in my case, she never really tries it. She leaves it on the tray without tasting it.

Not sure what she had for breakfast. Lunch was leftover miso udon stir fry from AFR. Tonight she ate several pieces of hoisin tempeh, lots of green beans, hummus and tortilla.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:31 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Oh, how funny. The Emperor would live off of rice if he could. For a while it was one of the only grains he'd knowingly eat, to the point where we started appending the word "rice" on the end of quinoa and couscous. It's the Magician's favorite right now too, but probably just because he hasn't tried much else.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:14 pm 

Yeah, I don't remember well from childcare center days, but when I was nannying, I know Baby G and Baby K ate rice no problem. I was with BG from 5 months and I'm sure she was downing rice by 8 or 9 months.

I wonder all the time about where babies get their tastebuds from, and why they change. Freya love love loved cucumber for about a month, and now she's all "eh". She's only been eating big people food for 3 months and already she's tired of something, heh. I'm dreading those 18 month old days where she eats the same two things over and over again.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:02 pm 

Last night:baked chickpea cutlets, steamed sweet potato, broccoli. She really likes the cutlets and sweet potatoes. She likes to throw the broccoli on the floor.

Tonight we are trying masala baked tofu.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:21 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Discovered that Malka likes leftover vegetable lo mein. Which is convenient, since I enjoy ordering lo mein. This is our first noodle success.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:44 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

I'm trying desperately to put some weight on Lu. He's always been small, since he was premature (and his growth in utero was stunted from my placenta being damaged) and has been on his own growth chart and gaining appropriately for his size. Until he hit the 15-18 month range. While he's still been gaining slightly, it's not as much as before and I'm starting to catch some heat from his ped. I'm sure the reason why he's not gaining as much is because he's constantly on the move, determined to burn every calorie I can feed him. Not to mention the increasing picky eating. In addition to three meals and three snacks daily, he still manages to drink two bottles of concentrated calorie soy formula, and at least one large sippy worth of plant milk with flax oil mixed in. Some of my most recent fattening food tricks have been-

Cooking lentils with added olive oil, then making lentil "meatballs" and frying them.
Smoothies with full fat coconut cream added.
Adding a layer of earth balance under his peanut butter on toast.
Oatmeal with soy creamer, flax oil, and nut butter.
Adding oil into applesauce.

I feel like I'm oiling the poor boy to death. Any other high fat suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:42 am 
Level 7 Vegan

Does he like avocado? Ice cream? If he likes yogurt, you could mix coconut creme into it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:46 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

He does like avocado! I haven't really done ice cream, but that's a good idea. And so far I've only mixed flax oil into his yogurt, but I think coconut cream is a fattier option. Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:07 pm 

refinnej wrote:
Do your kids eat rice? Freya eats couscous, barley, and orzo pasta, but she has no love for rice for some reason. We've offered plain, in salads, "Mexican" rice, etc. but it nearly always comes back out, and we never see a voluntary second bite. I haven't tried rice porridge/pudding yet.

Kai didn't like rice from 6 - 18 months or so. Now he loves it! Which is pretty much the opposite of everything else - in the early days he ate all kinds of veggies and almost anything I put in front of him in good quantities. Now he is way pickier about everything else, but loves rice. I usually just put some soy-free EB and a bit of salt on it and he goes to town.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:30 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Mexican squash, yams, avocado, rice cereal, oatmeal cereal

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:55 pm 

Dude. Freya ate rice tonight! Voluntarily! Several spoonfuls! It must be the arsenic. (sigh)

B-fast: blueberries, soy yogurt, squares (chex), sip of apple juice
snack: wholemeal digestive
lunch: baked beans, cucumber, toast, pear, refused olives, tried a bite of my black eyed peas salad
snack pm: bread and butter (margarine)
dinner: tofu, rice, cauliflower, refused carrot/tasted broccoli and then ceremoniously tossed it to the floor, more pear (they were from the farmers' market and are seriously the most yummy pears of all time)

Also, got a new cup at the store today and she could not get enough water into her. Hurrah!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:59 pm 

We had tempeh helper again tonight but babynut just ate all the peas out of hers. And then demanded more peas. And more. I guess its a new passion. Now she's on to grapes and plums.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:52 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I've been giving Will black beans, quinoa and avocado lately and he gobbles it up!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:05 am 
Semen Strong

Breakfast yesterday was tofu scramble over corn tortillas.
Lunch was home-made veggie burgers with carrots and cukes on the side.
Dinner was Trader Joe's Japanese Fried Rice, which I added more veg to, and she gobbled up like it was going out of style.

And the dog loves rice, so he then hoovered the carpet, so win!

Today morning is soy yogurt, granola and strawberries (unseasonal, but so good).

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:09 pm 

We had a big hit today.

I got these italian herb flatout flatbread thingies and spread one with hummus. Then sliced some steamed baby carrots very thin and layered those on, then sprinkled on some hemp hearts. I rolled it really thin, about the size of a cigar, then cut it into individual bite sized little pinwheels. Kai loved them! He gobbled up a whole large wrap's worth.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:22 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

refinnej wrote:

Lorelei eats rice balls, maki sushi rolls, and brown rice with furikake. This is a recent development. Try again after a while.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:22 pm 
Semen Strong

Yesterday we had an awesome picnic lunch - sprouted bread, Daiya wedges (she loved them!), tomato and slices of a Honey Crisp along with these amazing pumpkin seed crackers from WF which she loved.
Dinner was pasta with veggies and chickpeas made my Mr. T. It was really yummy and she ate a ton of it.

Today we started with tofu scramble - yellow peppers, tofu, nooch, onions, garlic and a left over tomato all on sprouted sesame toast with avocado. So good.
Lunch was pasta salad, a carrot muffin and lots of ice (mommy fail).
And dinner was wild rice soup (Isa tester), which was really delicious. She loved the white beans in it.

There is a thread on my FB mommy group where people are suggesting recipes, and in reading them, I really think our children eat so well. So happy to be vegan!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:23 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

Tofulish wrote:
And the dog loves rice, so he then hoovered the carpet, so win!

I suddenly need a dog.

Tamales are a hit with Lorelei as well as polenta this week we nommed on sweet potato black bean tamales, and Japanese food. She did really well and ate a whole piece of sushi including the nori. And as always, Japanese pumpin, cooked and cubed. I can buy it ready made and she eats it as a snack. Peaches are in season here and they are freaking amazing (Japanese fruit, I will miss you!) I peel and dice them and Lorelei eats it like finger food, loves it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 618 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 25  Next