| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: C.ellulite?!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:28 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Right, I've put on about 3 stone (42lbs) in about 4 months. I'm not overweight, however I have now got a crumpled looking backside and back of thighs, and the top of my stomach is starting to look a bit uneven.
My body looks okay I suppose, but the c.ellulite is really a bother to me.
I've been doing alsorts to the skin, dry brushing it, mauling it with a rolling pin, rubbing c.ellulite oils and creams into it...
maybe it looks a little bit better.. or it could be all in my head who knows.
Anyway, what I'm wondering is, is there anything at all that can help it, will it eventually settle down?
Is it because I've put on a large amount of weight in a fairly short amount of time?
Can removing things or adding things to my diet change it?
Or am I destined to have a crumpet bum forever?

Post subject: Re: C.ellulite?!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:50 pm 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

If you find a solution that really works, you will become a billionaire in no time... I'm afraid it's there to stay (on my thighs too). Sorry to not have good news!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:59 pm 
Dead by dawn

Yes, it really doesn't go away. It has less to do with fat than it does with how the connective tissue under your skin is formed. Some people are just genetically programmed to have connective tissue that forms sort of a mesh, and any body fat they have pokes up through the connective tissue and looks lumpy. I was a naturally underweight 15 year old when mine first showed up and it's been my constant companion for 27 years, through thick and thin (literally.)

I have heard that lotions with caffeine are supposed to help minimize the look of it while you're using them but I haven't tried them because I'm just not willing to spend money on something else that probably won't work. Like Anek said, if you find the cure you'll be a billionaire... I kind of think if caffeine was all it was cracked up to be, people would be shouting it from the rooftops.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:05 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

The only thing that has been helpful for me is breastfeeding. I had read awhile ago that the only way to decrease fat cells is to breastfeed and now that I have done it I believe it. I always had vegemite, like monkeytoes, even when I weighed 90 pounds I had it, now it is much less and I weigh a lot more than 90 pounds!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:17 pm 
Spent a night at the Bates Motel

Awww, crumpet bum. <3 <3 <3

There are products that are advertised to help but in my experience reduce nothing but my spending money.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:20 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

littlebear wrote:
The only thing that has been helpful for me is breastfeeding. I had read awhile ago that the only way to decrease fat cells is to breastfeed and now that I have done it I believe it. I always had vegemite, like monkeytoes, even when I weighed 90 pounds I had it, now it is much less and I weigh a lot more than 90 pounds!

In a health class I had to take to get my prereqs out of the way, we learned that every time a woman gets pregnant they grow more fat cells. And fat cells never go away, they just shrink and expand. But they're always there. I'm pretty sure men never grow extra fat cells. I've been on the smaller side most of my life, and my legs are starting to get a bit lumpy. I'm just trying to be positive about it, it happens to lots of people and it's normal. I've seen unphotoshopped photos of celebrities next to the finished photos, and they get it too. Seeing all the ladies in the magazines with airbrushed skin is annoying, very few people have creamy smooth skin.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:43 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

It's just the structure of your connective tissue! My thighs have looked the way they do since I was about 15, even when I was playing tennis matches (some people allege that firming up the muscles underneath makes things look smoother)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:56 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Yep, I've had vegemite at every size I've been, eating-disordered thin and zaftig as I am now. It's nothing you can do anything about, so just relax and accept your body.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:23 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

When you feel bad about your vegemite, go check out candid street photos of Victorias Secret models: they have it too.

Embrace it!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:07 am 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

Just echoing everyone else: we've all got it! I'm on the smaller side, and got it in my late-teens.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:30 am 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

I remember reading somewhere that something like 90% of women have vegemite. Embrace it. I like to think of mine like I do my stretch marks, wrinkles and scars: they're all just a part of the package and proof of a life lived among the humans.

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:10 am 
Not NOT A Furry

I like my crumpet bum!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:55 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Well, if you're a smoker, it helps a bit to quit. when i quit smoking for 10 months, the skin on my thighs got quite a bit smoother. but besides from that, i don't really think you can get rid of it.

actually, i have a great anecdote: when i first met my current boyfriend (who, as a reference, has been sleeping with quite a few 17-18 year old models), he asked me "so, i've talked to a few of my friends and we can't really figure out what vegemite IS. what is it?" and i showed him my butt and said "well, it's the bumpy skin some girls get on their thighs and butts". his answer? "wait, there is a word for that?! but everyone has it! i can't wait to tell the guys this".

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:20 pm 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

I have a strange love and hate for the wordfilter that makes it so people are talking about Vegemite acceptance. spreadable yeast extract liberation army!

and from a boy's perspective: don't let it get you down. there are infinite things more interesting to care about on a person than 'do they have cell-u-lite?'. it'd be as pointless as caring if you still had your tonsils or something - pretty much everyone does!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:59 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I was probably 15-16 years old and 200 lb when mine started showing up, and thought it would go away when/if I lost weight. Down to the low 140s and now 24, and it's maybe a little less noticeable, but definitely not going away. I've heard that it's less noticeable when you keep your body well-hydrated, and I can definitely tell a difference if I've been drinking a lot of alcohol or not drinking enough water. Not a permanent solution, but there you go.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:08 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

lepelaar wrote:
stretch marks, wrinkles and scars: they're all just a part of the package and proof of a life lived among the humans.

This!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:57 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

The 17-month old twins I nanny for totally have vegemite.

I think it's such a stupid word because it's not actually a thing, though.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:48 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

You can try the trick that all the models and celebrities use to get rid of unsightly dimpled thighs: Photoshop! Other than that, there's pretty much nothing to change it (besides being dangerously underweight, and you know how much that sucks). The beauty industry has a vested interest in making us self-conscious about that kind of thing, but the truth is the vast majority of people have slightly lumpy bodies, and that's ok.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:23 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

You can't get rid of it but there are ways to camoflauge.
1) Tan (I use self tanner instead)
2) Creams with caffeine will temporarily firm the skin, at one point I used a homemade scrub with instant coffee! Smelled nice. :)
3) Increase muscle tone
4) My bff says soda causes it which is highly unlikely but pop probably does cause fluid retention which certainly doesn't help.
5) When I massage my fantastic but lumpy thighs regularly I notice a slight improvement.
As already mentioned, everyone has it! If it makes you feel more for confident to try to disguise it then cool but I'm sure you are lovely just the way you are.