| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3602 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 145  Next
 Post subject: Re: Weight loss peeps - where you at?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:23 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

So I started doing Insanity and justified eating whatever I want with "I'm exercising really forking hard!" Lots of sweet baked goods, as much mayo/avocado/tahini/peanut butter as I want, and lots of second servings.

I'm sure I've put on muscle mass from the exercise, but I'm now 8 pounds heavier than when I started. I'm pretty sure I didn't gain THAT much muscle. Plus, I bought my first size 4's EVER (I was a size 14 pretty much from 8th grade through like a year and a half ago), and they fit great two weeks ago, but now they give me a muffin top. I guess it's time to start counting calories again. Whiiiiiiiiiiine.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:31 pm 
WRETCHED

I'm having a personal dilemma I need to figure out in the next hour or so.

This morning I went to the gym and worked out (90% of the time with the trainer) for 2 hours. I had 3 or 4 hours of sleep last night. I really want to go to my Zumba class tonight. Part of me says that I can rest, it is exercise. The other part of me says it is social and fun and I should go because I'd have fun.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:01 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

My scale played the cruelest forking joke on me this morning. It read 192 when I stepped on it first. Not one to believe in miracles, I stepped on it again. 206. fork you, man!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:44 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I decided to start calorie counting again because it was really helpful the last time I lost weight and is really helping my bff lose weight (she's lost 30 lbs so far!). I think I've discovered the source of my weight gain - my Freenut Butter and jam sammiches (which I eat several times a week) are nearly 800 calories each, and each cup of tea is nearly 100 each (I usually have anywhere between 3-6 cups per day). But at least now I know where to start cutting back.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:08 pm 

Woo! A sudden and welcome drop of over two pounds this morning. I think it's partly water weight, but I'll take it. This new job I have has me burning some serious calories, though. I am on my feet 5-6 hours with one 15 minute break, and I move around a ton, so compared to me sitting for 5-6 hours at home and maybe taking a quick walk, this is excellent.

Good luck rachell37- I calorie count, and it's great. It makes you very aware of your food.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:17 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

rachell37 wrote:
I decided to start calorie counting again because it was really helpful the last time I lost weight and is really helping my bff lose weight (she's lost 30 lbs so far!). I think I've discovered the source of my weight gain - my Freenut Butter and jam sammiches (which I eat several times a week) are nearly 800 calories each, and each cup of tea is nearly 100 each (I usually have anywhere between 3-6 cups per day). But at least now I know where to start cutting back.
Peanut butter was a big part of my downfall. How can something so delicious dare to be that calorific?

I started drinking my tea black about ten year ago and have never really looked back (apart from when I was trying to convince myself rooibos was drinkable - it's not). Looking back, it was probably a sign of my oncoming veganism; I just don't like cow's milk.

Try Earl Grey or lapsang souchong, they're both very flavourful teas that are blended to be drunk without milk.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:29 am 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

rachell37 wrote:

Calorie counting was a big part of how I've managed to lose weight. It took about 1 1/2 years but I've lost just over 40 pounds & now I'm at the top end of the healthy bmi range for my height (I'm not a huge fan of bmi as a way of determining healthiness but it's kinda helpful as a rough guide). Calorie counting helped me look at what I was eating & decide which foods I should be saving as occasional treats rather than every day foods...I used to eat at least 1 brownie/cupcake/go max bar every day & I'd never looked at the nutrition label on anything! I realise now that I never had the faintest idea which foods were healthy / nutritious and when I did have an idea I had no clue what a reasonable portion size was.

Obviously it wasn't all calorie counting, I averaged at least 2 days a week of proper sweaty exercise (spin class/cross training etc) at the gym over that period.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:14 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Yeah, when I was losing weight before my wedding, I lost loads by calorie counting and exercising nearly every day (I can't remember how much, but it was a significant amount of weight - maybe 30 pounds). As soon as I stopped paying attention to my portion sizes, I started to gain weight. I used to be able to eyeball portion sizes really well (after learning what they were), but the more you go that route, the bigger your eyeballs get, so to speak.

I'm trying to walk to work every day (at least, when the weather is OK) until the gym opens up again. Then I'll be back there as much as possible (though I'll probably still walk to work).

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:35 am 
WRETCHED

I weighed myself and I'm down 3 lbs this week! Total of 9lbs in the last 3 weeks.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:06 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Well done linanil!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:39 pm 

Well, I'm in!

I just got back from a vacation that was not as wonderful as it could have been because of my excess weight. I was uncomfortable, embarrassed, and unhappy with myself during the trip. I also won't be able to enjoy looking at the pictures from said trip. Mostly though, i want to set a better example of healthy eating, strong self worth, etc, for my child as she gets older, which doesn't depend on size, but I don't feel like myself. I think I finally have enough motivation to start really attacking this baby weight, after all the baby is nine months old! Anyway, I read through this thread and I thinking the positivity here is great.

My plan is to count calories and exercise more. I'm still breastfeeding which in theory should help, but hasn't at all. If anything it makes me hungry and stressed about food. I think this is why I have put off the dieting so far, because I was worried about it affecting breastfeeding. Now, I think my weight has to take priority because it is affecting my mental health and baby needs a happy mama.

My first goal is to be able to run five miles and to lose ten pounds. I need to lose 20 pounds to get back to prepregnancy weight, but I was too heavy then, so ultimately I need to lose 40 pounds. With the running, I'm starting slow with a plan I used several years ago that ultimately led to me running my first marathon. I'd love to be back in that kind of shape. gotta start somewhere!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:13 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

I finally broke down and bought an elliptical (super cheap off craigslist, I hope it doesn't break!). It's by far my favorite form of exercise due to it being low impact and burning a lot of calories per session, but I absolutely hate going to the gym. Plus it easily fits in my sewing room. I'm excited.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:25 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I think pms is kicking in super early this month because I am so bloated. Not going to hold my breath for a loss this week. My tracksuit is super tight around the waist.

On other news, I did manage to resist buying chocolate when I popped to the shop today. Seriously, that is major for me!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:54 am 
Ninja Master

Calorie counting is also the only thing that ever worked for me. I also lost about 40 pounds over the last 3 years, although I have put about 10 back on.

But I HATE counting calories so much that I tend to do it for a week then give in. So I need to try and get back into sticking with it.

I'm really glad I've rejoined the gym and signing up for some classes (and couch 2 5k) has been a good motivator to actually go, even though my arse is still forking killing me from kettlebell class on Thursday. Yes thursday.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:44 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I stupidly weighed myself a day early. Gave myself a heartattack then realised I ate dinner very late last night so going to be pretending this morning never happened.

On another note, I'm going to go on a very long walk today I think.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:08 am 
WRETCHED

I'm trying to ponder my comfy couch or the gym.... Comfy couch... I have to get moving earlyish as the gym closes at 1 today.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:34 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Up 1lb this week. Dammit!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:25 pm 

I lost 2 pounds this week even though I had a rough work week and some out of control snacking. Yay! I also have kept up my running plan and have been commuting by bike. Today I signed up for weight watchers. I feel like a need help budgeting because I'm still nursing my baby, planning on increasing my running quite a bit (gradually) and I want to make sure I'm eating enough (but not too much).

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:54 pm 
Impressive boner

2.5lbs lost last week.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:46 am 
WRETCHED

Lost 3 lbs this week. I think that is 12 lbs in 4 weeks.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:50 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Well done on all the weightlosses!

I'm getting nervous about weighing this week. My sweet tooth has been torturing me.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:55 am 

My weight loss stalled a little after starting school and work and I realized it was because despite my increase in activity, I was still eating the same calories. So I increased and like magic my weight is going back down.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:59 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

linanil wrote:
Lost 3 lbs this week. I think that is 12 lbs in 4 weeks.

Well done, that's great!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:04 am 

I've lost 8.5kg (19lbs)! It's strange. I'm a different shape. I look younger. Good, though. I'm no longer in "at risk" groups caused by my fondness of pies and peanut butter and sausage sandwiches.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:44 am 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

Gulliver wrote:
I've lost 8.5kg (19lbs)! It's strange. I'm a different shape. I look younger. Good, though. I'm no longer in "at risk" groups caused by my fondness of pies and peanut butter and sausage sandwiches.

19lbs? That's amazing, well done you.

I'm finally jumping on the weightloss wagon, after lurking in this thread...for like, forever. I've just found a diet I'm comfortable with. Just eating wholegrains, fruit and veg, beans and pulses and low fat/G.I foods. I know, it's a total no-brainer, but I'm slow on the up-take and it took for me to read the vegan Dr Neal Barnard's book, before I could get it.
So two days in and I've lost 4lbs (which I know is just water weight) but I've just made myself whole-wheat pancakes with slices of Galia melon and maple syrup, and I'm feeling good and satisfied. Onwards and upwards from here.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3602 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 145  Next