| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 690 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 28  Next
 Post subject: Re: Toronto
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:30 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Did anyone try the pizza from Green Zebra Kitchen? It was so yummy! Probably the best vegan pizza I've had (that's not from my own kitchen anyway). I went back for a second slice later in the day but they had sold out.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:00 pm 
Inflexitarian

I had several cupcakes and a pie slice. Also, Isa and Terry's cooking demos were both pretty cool :) Anybody who was there get a copy of the beet burger recipe? I got copies of everything except that.

I saw you giving the introductions, Annamal! But, I didn't know where you were post-demo and needed to meet up with some friends so I failed at saying hello.

Everyone: For tomorrow, should we have a place in mind to meet up? I'm planning to be there for 2pm and will probably be wearing the sweater from the Longboat Toronto Island Run, since I'm doing that at 11pm and will probably go to the food fest straight from there. I'll probably also be smelly from sweat. Sorry.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:10 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

The pizza from Green Zebra was UN-RE-AL! I hope they have it again tomorrow.

I'll be volunteering for the whole day tomorrow so I'll be around but not available for a meet up - I'm assisting at the cupcake event so hope to see some of you!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:53 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I had the mac and cheese from Green Zebra and it was great! Also I ate waaaay too many baked treats, but there were so many delicious baking stalls!

The Isa and Terry demos were amazing - and it was great meeting the PPK peeps that I ran into. Unfortunately I am unable to go again today for Sunday's festivities, but I hope it's another great day!

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:49 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Yesterday was a good day! It started out rainy but ended up being really nice (albeit still windy). I got rained on so I looked a bit, um, like I had been rained on, all day but it was okay. It was really nice meeting the PPKers I met and all the demos I saw were great. I won't be back today as I live in London and just went up for the day, but I'm guessing it's going to be another amazing day.
I had the ice cream sandwich from Green Zebra and that was so good. For lunch I had the greasy Chinese plate from King's Cafe. Mock meats!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:04 am 
WELFARIST!

Tea wrote:
Everyone: For tomorrow, should we have a place in mind to meet up? I'm planning to be there for 2pm and will probably be wearing the sweater from the Longboat Toronto Island Run, since I'm doing that at 11pm and will probably go to the food fest straight from there. I'll probably also be smelly from sweat. Sorry.

I just got back from my run and am heading down there after a coffee and shower. I'm probably going to head out around 12:30 -12:45 (I don't live downtown) and will probably arrive at the fair around 1:30. I was planning on heading to the Lakeside Terrace pretty much as soon as I arrive as sometimes there's a line up for the demos and I really want to get in to Isa and Terry's. I'm not sure how many PPKers are going to be there today, but I'll be wearing my PPK shirt so if you see me come say hello. Hope to see you and whoever else at the demo and maybe we can get a bite to eat or whatevs if anyone's interested afterwards. I just called my sister to see if she wanted to come, but she isn't feeling well so I'll be alone. But wearing my PPK shirt, jeans and sort of a khaki/olive (I guess army style) jacket.

Hope to see some folks and even if we're all lost in the crowds and don't get to meet up, I hope everyone has a great day. I also plan to go to Cupcake Wars unless I get kind of tired & burnt out from the crowds and noise and wanna go home before it starts. But I'll be at Isa and Terry's demo fo'sho and I want to get some goji berries, cocoa butter and coconut oil and look for a new purse and maybe a few small gifts for my sistas upcoming b-day. And ogling the Vitamixes and dreaming about some day getting one for myself. Some day!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:31 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

seitanicverses wrote:
And ogling the Vitamixes and dreaming about some day getting one for myself. Some day!

Me too! I've told myself that *if* I leave for Jamaica in january (for a few months), I'm buying one to bring with me.. It will be great to add to the fledgling Ital/vegan stand I'm hoping to set up with a friend there.. I hear costco has them on sale about once a year too.

I'm waiting for 2 of the babes to wake up to head to the veg fest again.. I want to finally meet the 2 fab women (Terry and Isa) and check out the cupcake competition.. Aaaaand I hear that some vendors slash their prices at the end of today so they're not lugging everything with them again.. Hmmm.. Good incentive :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:00 pm 
Inflexitarian

I met seitanicverses! We also tried the mac and cheese from Green Zebra. Was delicious. I was at both the demo at 2 and the cupcake wars. If anyone else was there, I was the one who asked about the caffeine content of the coffee bombs (a question carefully structured in order to get one.. successfully!)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:17 pm 

I saw a picture someone tweeted from the outdoor grounds today and I wished I was there. 2 hours away, womp womp.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:14 pm 
WELFARIST!

Tea wrote:
I met seitanicverses! We also tried the mac and cheese from Green Zebra. Was delicious. I was at both the demo at 2 and the cupcake wars. If anyone else was there, I was the one who asked about the caffeine content of the coffee bombs (a question carefully structured in order to get one.. successfully!)

It was lovely to meet you and hang out! How cool we got to meet Isa and Terry!

I tried to come to cupcake wars but by the time I got there the line up was such that I knew I wouldn't even be able to get into the event--they can't cram that many people into that room! Sorry I missed it though, I really wanted to check it out. I should have come earlier to join the line then I might have had a chance to get in...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:16 am 

Hey guys, if you had to choose between Hogtown Vegan and One Love, which would you choose? I haven't been to either of them and I'll have an omnivore with me. He's generally pretty cool about trying out new food though.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:12 am 

That's, like, the toughest call. I'd go with Hogtown Vegan though, because it mimics Southern Homestyle cookin' and has the rich, meaty flavours an omnivore may be looking for. One Love is super forking delicious, but it's a totally different experience. It's all Ital/Rastafarian vegan food, lots of fresh tropical veggies, coconut milk, curry...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:54 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Yeah, can I pick both? I'd go with Hogtown too, though. Try the unchicken burger, the hogtown burger, the pulled unpork, or the caesar wrap. And upgrade your fries to the OMG SO DELICIOUS fries supremacy for only $3!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:21 pm 

Okay I think you two sold me!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:10 pm 
Saggy Butt

tea! that was you? i was up there for bloomer's bakery! i remember you :) i wish i'd known to say hi.

paprikapapaya, i saw you walk past my booth (i recognize you from here, i hope that's not creepy, haha). i was busy at the time, but i packed up a donut for you and ran around looking for you to say hello but alas... i couldn't find you.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:35 pm 

Awww! That's the saddest (and nicest) thing ever. I went at some point to say hey, but it wasn't you there! Terrible timing. <3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:50 pm 
Dildo Queen

paprika, it was so nice meeting you!! i'm glad we got to see each other at the festival!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:14 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I had the pizza from Green Zebra too and it was aaaaamazing! Am I the only person who never thought to put kale on pizza!?! It was delish!

chimrichalds - are you the owner of bloomer's bakery? I totally bought a whole bunch of baked goods there on Friday night, including those delicious Icelandic donuts! (I hope I'm talking about the right bakery, as I went a bit crazy with the baked goods that day!) I also just ate the cinnamon bun tonight and it was sooooo yummy. mmmmm!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:22 pm 

And the butter tarts from brother's were amazing too!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:38 pm 
Saggy Butt

loolie - i am bloomer's bakery! if you were there friday, i was probably there! i think my brother and my mom were there for a bit too so if it was a mom-looking woman (or a tall boy), it wasn't me :) i had a dress on. i'm so glad you liked the donuts and the buns :) :)

paprika - it was sad. i was so excited, haha. <3 thanks for coming by!! ps i loved your dress.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:30 am 

chimrichalds - are you the girl that had a red scarf in her hair on Saturday? If so, I'm the one that was gushing about how much I loved your glasses.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:16 am 
Saggy Butt

haha, no, was that maybe the girl at bunners? i'm glasses-free at bloomer's :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:18 am 

oh geez, i was mixing up bloomer's and bunners - my bad!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:41 am 
Saggy Butt

:)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:12 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

chimrichalds, I had one of your jelly doughnuts! It was yummy!

Has anyone seen Field Roast sausages in stores? I checked Whole Foods last night and they didn't have them in stock yet.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 690 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 28  Next