| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15899 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 367, 368, 369, 370, 371, 372, 373 ... 636  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:03 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

booberthefraggle wrote:
kilgore trout wrote:
Boober, I'm so sorry. My thought is that maybe your dad's nonchalance is sort of his own self-defense? It's still not very considerate of him to speak to you that way.

oh it TOTALLY is a self-defense thing and I get it because in many ways I do the same thing and I know he is insanely worried and I really am empathetic, she's his mother and he loves her and it is really hard for him (as well as all of us) to see her in a weakened state because she is at her core an incredibly stoic person. I really am worried about him and my aunt as well as my grandmom.

HOWEVER, I am extra touchy with him in this regard because of our history, and the fact that my grandmom was completely and unconditionally supportive of me during a time where he was essentially absent and I just feel like, of all the people to be deciding what information I do or do not get it should not be him.

oh boober. i'm so sorry <3 <3 i went through this with my family too. it forking blows. :(

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:53 pm 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

Finding out that my FIL's wedding lunch will be here. If you don't wanna click the link it's a French restaurant that has both veal & foie gras on the menu. As an animal rights activist I cannot in good conscience eat there but how the hell do you get out of your FIL's wedding without pissing off a tonne of people & letting down your (also vegan) husband who will probably have to go?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:54 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

I've had mild to moderate stomach pain off and on for the past few weeks and wound up in the emergency room very, very early this morning with severe pain and some other unsexy symptoms. ER didn't know what was wrong but determined it was nothing life threatening and sent me home since my pain had subsided. Then I made an appointment to try and get a primary care physician, but the guy on the phone misunderstood me and I accidentally wound up at an urgent care clinic. Then some of my symptoms came back so I went back to an urgent care clinic and they ordered a bunch of tests that I have to go take care of elsewhere. Overall, I'm just really tired and I never want to go to the doctor again.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:13 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

Sorry you're feeling so crappy, Nebraskalaska! Not knowing why you feel awful is the worst.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:56 pm 
Naked Under Apron

This whole damned evening! Days like this is why I can't own weapons. Stupid people would be massacred. All my neighbors will be on the news talking about what a nice girl they thought I was and that they can't believe I would murder so many stupid people...

...feel better already...or that might be the wine kicking in.

Writing Praying Vegan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:37 am 
Level 7 Vegan

I just remembered that I didn't reschedule my psychiatrist appointment. It was today and I missed it, so now I'm going to have to pay for it myself instead of having my insurance cover it. I know I deserve it for being irresponsible, but this really sucks.

So embarrassing!" -just mumbles

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:47 am 
Nailed to the V

deep pitted stomach day.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:37 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

julialegume wrote:
deep pitted stomach day.

<3!!!!

jdfunks is bringing home a present from me to you. I hope that helps?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:19 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Period pains and hormones. Do I need to say anymore?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:34 am 
Nailed to the V

vijita wrote:
julialegume wrote:
deep pitted stomach day.

<3!!!!

jdfunks is bringing home a present from me to you. I hope that helps?

!!!!!!!!! Aw, Ginger Pop!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:43 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Just found out my roommate's checks for July and August bounced. Of course, my landlord held onto July's until late Aug and tried to cash them at the same time so I just found out. I called her and she said she'd "figure it out" then asked for the landlord's phone number.

I just texted my landlord to remind him that I am a responsible tenant and to let him know that I don't want to make it difficult for either him or me. I've been in this apartment for 2.5 years and I like it! Hopefully her "figuring it out" means paying him asap and not bouncing more checks!

Worst case, I have to kick her out by the end of the month; I'm on the hook for $1500 that I'll have to sue her for and try to collect on; and I have to try to get a new roommate quickly. Not terrible, but not fun.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:50 pm 
Married to the wolfman

So I finally went to urgent care after being in horrible pain for about a week on the nose. The urgent care doctor pretty much told me, it's back spasms, it's because your core muscles are weak (they aren't), it'll get better if you do ice & heat & ibuprofen for 48 hours (I already have and told her as much). Then she scolded me for not making my back health a priority because if I am having back problems at 28 they're only going to get worse as I get older.

You know what the worst part of my day is. Not even just that I am getting 0 pain relief from this visit. Not even that I am standing outside UC waiting for my ride and crying and everyone is watching me. But that the net result of this entire shitty trip is JUST another forking medical bill on my stack of insurmountable medical debt.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:17 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I'm so sorry. Doctors don't always take back pain seriously.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:35 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I feel your pain. I'm lucky... my doctor takes my back pain really seriously. Just nobody else does because apparently being 29 is meant to make you invincible to any kind of real, chronic health problems.

The worst part of my day....... 5 hours of crying and realising that there is no possible way I can continue working in my current workplace.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:56 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

coldandsleepy wrote:
... Then she scolded me for not making my back health a priority because if I am having back problems at 28 they're only going to get worse as I get older....

Well, that's bollocks. I used to get horrible horrible periods of back pain in my teens and twenties, and but it's been fine for the past few years!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:29 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

j-dub wrote:
Sorry you're feeling so crappy, Nebraskalaska! Not knowing why you feel awful is the worst.

Thanks. Yeah, not knowing is the worst. It could be something easily curable, or some sort of chronic lifetime condition. Ya!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:25 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

This isn't so bad, but I spent 3 hours at work today doing disgusting, meaty, caked in grease, stinky dishes (that were HUGE) and came home to see... a sink full of more dishes! People, I'm not about to do more dishes. I do enough of them at work, thanks, and I come home tired. Take a forking hint.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:49 pm 

$215 worth of fraudulent charges on my checking account! That is not much more money than I had in the first place. Gotta buy cat food with a credit card tomorrow. So annoyed.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:35 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

coldandsleepy wrote:
But that the net result of this entire shitty trip is JUST another forking medical bill on my stack of insurmountable medical debt.

Agh, I'm so sorry. I totally understand how bad it has to get to go rack up another medical bill and then have them brush you off. The worst. Really hope things get better for you.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:38 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

My dog ,Three, has another tumor :( Last one was about a year and a half ago and his vet still talks about how amazed she was that he recovered from it. Not looking forward to this vet visit.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:19 am 
Semen Strong

C&S, I am so sorry. Sending you a ton of hugs. Can you do some light yoga stretches to relieve some of the pain?

Back pain is the worst, and not being taken seriously sucks. Would you feel better if you write a nasty letter to the manager of the urgent care facility?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:29 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

My computer and a bunch of electronics got stolen from my apartment (window broken, door kicked in) when I was out at a music festival Thursday night. A couple hours later, they arrested a guy breaking into cars just down the street from me, and there hadn't been a roberry in a while so I'm assuming it's the same guy, but the police aren't being very communicative about whether they recovered anything, and I don't want to file a renter's insurance claim until I'm sure I'm not getting things back.

Complain complain.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:59 am 

Kelly wrote:
My dog ,Three, has another tumor :( Last one was about a year and a half ago and his vet still talks about how amazed she was that he recovered from it. Not looking forward to this vet visit.

I'm sorry, Kelly :(

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:29 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Just wanted to pop in and say thanks to everyone who offered advice and sympathy re: my back. Special thanks to dropscone... it was really nice to hear from someone who could at least anecdotally say, not everyone who has back problems in their 20s maintains them forever. I'm okay with temporary pain but the idea that I might spend some large segment of the rest of my life feeling this crappy... that's a downer for sure.

Nothing particularly bad happened today, which I am thankful for.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:02 am 
Discovered unobtainium

My iPod touch was stolen out of my car. I'm bad about locking it at home. We live in a gated community type* place that gives a false sense of security.

I'm super upset for two reasons:

I use it for audiobooks on my commute. My iPhone no longer holds a charge and I don't have a car charger that works, so now I have no music or anything to listen to on my 90 minute commute. Radio stations don't start coming in until around halfway, and then they all suck anyway. My morning drive is now excruciating.

I need to get a new iPhone soon. Probably Novemeber assuming GED starts back and I can afford it. When I do that, I was going to work with my favorite counselor at school to find a kid to give the iPod touch to. It's an old one, but we have kids who would be thrilled to have one. It looks/works great and has wifi, etc.

Thieves are the forking worst. I hope they were pissed that it as just a relatively worthless 1G model. mustards.

Good part: they were not smart enough to steal my Chanel sunglasses. They are pretty old but would still be worth a lot more than an ancient iPod. My howl of rage would have been heard pretty much everywhere. Car = now locked. Which means I need a flashlight to open my car without gouging the paint since Comcast cut our outdoor electricity lines and refuses to fix.

* since the idea of gated communities irks me, I'll explain: it's just a huge bunch of houses around a couple artificial lakes, in the middle of battlefields. Nobody wants this to be a free nature park for all the battle park visitors who want to eat lunch by a lake. But we have a gatehouse and security cars; it's a pretty big, diverse community.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15899 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 367, 368, 369, 370, 371, 372, 373 ... 636  Next