| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7485 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235 ... 300  Next
 Post subject: Re: What nail polish are you wearing?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:07 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

jessilikewhoa wrote:
appifanie, I probably shouldn't tell you this, because it might impede your crappy Ulta money saving technique, but the Butter London isn't displayed with the rest of the nail polishes, it's over by the more expensive makeup brands, like Too Faced, Urban Decay, that area of the store. At the Ulta I usually go to it's on an endcap facing the aisle.

Same here, it is near the pricey stuff. Also Macy's has BL - the displays are larger with more in stock colors! I wish that Ulta (here at least) watched their stuff like a Macy's store, when I bought a BL gloss most were opened and 'sampled' like it was Walgreens...ick.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:38 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

missmuffcake wrote:
I wish that Ulta (here at least) watched their stuff like a Macy's store, when I bought a BL gloss most were opened and 'sampled' like it was Walgreens...ick.

That's forked up! My Ulta has testers of all the BL glosses, so there's no reason for anyone to open the ones for sale. I wonder if trashy people stole the testers from your store, so other trashy people opened the actual products. I am sad for you and your trashy Ulta.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:50 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

jessilikewhoa wrote:
The new Pretty Serious collection is out too. I don't normally care about pinks, at all, but I'm really loving Claris
http://www.scrangie.com/2012/08/pretty- ... night.html

I love it!

baps wrote:
Barry M have been posting pics of their new Gelly polishes coming out soon, on Facebook today. Some of them look pretty nice!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

Ja, I want... but I don't need :/

Raila wrote:
Has anyone heard of Suncoat products??

http://www.suncoatproducts.com/

They are listed as actually being Water based and vegan.
Have any of you guys ever tried them? Found the remover on the vitamin site I get our stuff from and was like.. hey.. THATS interesting!

I used the remover, it was terrible, but I was using it on normal polish, not the suncoat polish

Australis Fairy Bread over Barry M Lemon Ice Cream

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:05 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

My Zoya order came today! Natty, Monica, Evvie, Rekha, Petra, Megan, Wednesday and Kate (not for me). I really like all of them. Natty looks different than I was expecting. The swatches I saw looked just slightly teal-ish but it's very steely. Oh, well! I still like it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:53 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I'm in the process of putting on Diwali. It seemed like a good choice with my dark denim skirt and fuchsia cardigan.

Hopefully nothing bad happens to me tomorrow--the sweater is deep pink and perilously close to red. I have a bad history with wearing red, but the sweater was a present from my mom (she thinks I wear too much black).

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:38 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

There's a new beauty site that will be premiering next week or so. It will sell BUTTER LONDON! And if you register at the site now, you get a $25 off voucher for your first purchase! My voucher arrived by email about 5-10 mins after I signed up. Click here to register (this IS a referral link)

I'm psyched! Free polish!

http://www.coterie.com/d?r=X5i7P

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:03 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

i'm wearing one of my new zoyas this week... decided to start with evvie, the grey/green:

zoya evvie by vegan.chai, on Flickr

i like it! it's very interesting, and it coordinates pretty well with the barry m dusky mauve on my toes.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:11 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

bastah wrote:
There's a new beauty site that will be premiering next week or so. It will sell BUTTER LONDON! And if you register at the site now, you get a $25 off voucher for your first purchase! My voucher arrived by email about 5-10 mins after I signed up. Click here to register (this IS a referral link)

I used yours - would someone use mine please?
http://www.coterie.com/d?r=6bvsS

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:35 am 
Ninja Master

I probably look a bit crazy because on my gelicure course we had to one hand french (on each other not ourselves) and one hand a colour.

So this is grenadine – the pic doesn’t do it justice, it’s lovely and I don’t have it yet so I’m going to buy it at the beauty show. Along with the neons which are AWESOME.

This is French and we were messing around with some basic nail art and glitters too.

I’m taking it off at the weekend and putting on a new colour. But I'm impressed that even my worst 2 nails (they are horribly flaky and regular polish chips in less than day on them) still hasn’t chipped. Awesome as I’m sure Shellac is if you have good nails, it peeled off me in less than a week.

I'm waiting til next week to see how my friend's french manicure has held up, I did it over a week ago and I know she's hard on her nails.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:01 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Is gelicure Nubar? I like your fancy French, it reminds me of a cocktail party.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:56 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Nice fancy French, baps!

Does anyone know if that new site is international? I went to read the terms but tl;dr and I assume it will be USA only

Zoya Maya with 3 staggered coats of Elf Golden Goddess over the top

I got some polish yesterday: for a friend Orly Gilded Coral and Bon bon. For me Rock the World plus a free hand and body cream that smells delish! I really wanted Rock It (I remember Lavawitch telling me about the colour) but they ran out so I went RtW and it's pretty.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:09 am 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

jessilikewhoa wrote:
appifanie, I probably shouldn't tell you this, because it might impede your crappy Ulta money saving technique, but the Butter London isn't displayed with the rest of the nail polishes, it's over by the more expensive makeup brands, like Too Faced, Urban Decay, that area of the store. At the Ulta I usually go to it's on an endcap facing the aisle.

editing to clarify, I mean you have a crappy Ulta, not a crappy money saving technique.

there's an urban decay section?? okay, apparently i need to explore the whole store next time i'm near it. also, i realized thursday that there's a sephora in my mall (it opened when I moved here THREE YEARS AGO) but it's in the jc penney so i never noticed.

Tzippy wrote:
appifanie wrote:
see how much money you guys could save by living in a town where the ulta is lame? seriously, i'll take pics of their polish section next time. so pathetic.

At least you have an Ulta.

true, but i'd be happy w/ just the sally in town (of which there are a million).

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:28 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

JCPenny Sephoras are kind of disappointing. I mean, they're better than none at all, and considering there in not another one (or an Ulta!) for an hour + away, I'll take it. But it's just not the same.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:15 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

I love Butter, right now I'm wearing Marrow, a dark purple. It's purdy.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:52 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

bekki wrote:
JCPenny Sephoras are kind of disappointing. I mean, they're better than none at all, and considering there in not another one (or an Ulta!) for an hour + away, I'll take it. But it's just not the same.

yeah and the only makeup i've been buying is elf which is okay-ish, but better is nicer

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:24 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I finally went into our Sephora at JC Penney, I don't know about yours but ours is in the middle of the store with three open sides, so it seems extra vulnerable to shoplifting and therefore I had all four associates crawl up my butt as I walked around seeing what they had.

I save plenty of money at Ulta! Sally's always has more/better sales of CG and Orly. Zoya runs such great promos that I never feel the need to buy it from Ulta, and when it does hit the clearance bins they mark it down a while .50 cents. I bought my UD mascara there, but other than that I just swatched a ton of UD stuff on my hand and made mental notes for future website sales.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:14 am 
So Totally Yiffy

the thing I actually LOVE about the Sephora is that you can try any thing you want. They give samples of any makeup they can and you can go in nekkid face and totally do your makeup there trying everything.

My daughter and I literally spent three hours trying almost everything in the store.. that was cruelty free !
which was amazing.. we spent like 200 bucks between us but we got a lot of stuff, and actually KNEW it was going to work.
was awesome :D

and no pic right now of my nails.. son and I had a bet that he could pick out 4 colors and I couldnt make em look good. I did but I dont really like them cause they are fugly together lol

got my new plates today WOOT and built myself a kicking nail rack... am going to have to build a second one tho cause its not big enough and even though it was cheap, it still is something Im proud of lol.. will make my wood armoire some day that holds ALL my polishes, has a drop down desk work area and a built in light...

::sighwish::

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:16 pm 
Ninja Master

jessilikewhoa wrote:
Is gelicure Nubar? I like your fancy French, it reminds me of a cocktail party.

It is yep. I am a bit in love with it.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:58 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

another new zoya this week, this time it's monica:

zoya monica by vegan.chai, on Flickr

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:57 am 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

Monica is really pretty....to bad my boyfriend's mother of the same name has an attitude that is not so pretty!

It looks like I will be skipping the Julep Oct. box....Crackles - seriously? Kinda old news, cool to wear but not a new product. I have not gotten a box in a long time, I think I should cancel.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:58 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I skipped it too. I liked the other colors in my box (it-girl) but I don't need a silver crackle. I have one from Wet n Wild along with 6 billion other crackles I never wear because I'm all crackled out. Poo.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:53 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

pedi: black polish with black & gold glitter. i wore new shoes yesterday and got a heel boo-boo, I accidentally poured a cap full of polish remover on it....omg it hurt!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:34 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

ACK!! I bet that was awesome... I hate mani change day cause my hands smell and taste like polish remover for like 2 days after.... and I forget every time and stick my finger in my mouth for some reason like licking something off of them while we are eating... blah.

have Zoya Feifei (SO AMAZINGGG... I cant believe how many color sparkles are in it!) on with black Orly Liquid Vinyl stamped with my new plates... came out pretty awesome. I did a little freehand on the stamping to make each just a little bit different. On the Feifei? My son even likes Feifei. He said..."for a single color, its extremely complex!" LOL

first one is a LITTLE out of focus, but I thought you could see the glimmery shimmery colors better :D
this is so hard to get a pic of because its so dang shiny lol!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:58 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Wearing Wet n Wild's Gray's Anatomy. I usually put it on top of other colors but did it straight up this time and it looks kinda corpse like. Purplish, pinkish, greyish sheen on a dead corpse's nails. So I'm thinking with some red wiped into the edges and maybe a smudge of black, this could be a good zombie nail for Halloween.

It it too early to discuss Halloween nails?

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:52 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

I hate the brush in WnW's megalast bottles. It's wider than my pinky.

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 7485 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235 ... 300  Next