| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1757 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 71  Next
 Post subject: Re: bisque about your period
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:07 am 
Flounceiad 2011

Started teaching yesterday, along with the start of my own fall classes - last semester of coursework for my PhD! - so of course my special frenemy has to show up 3 days early in order to add that extra special something in the form of cramps, backache, and an almost overwhelming desire to go back to bed. Nice.

http://elizaveganpage.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:06 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I was out of advil at work and I didn't have a way to go buy some today so I asked a male co-worker if I could have a few from his stash. I must have looked terrible because he was very concerned and asked if I was ok. I was in too much pain to say "oh, a headache", so I just said I had cramps. He widened his eyes and told me that was TMI and that I should have just said I had a headache (wait, wasn't he the one who asked me what was wrong?). It made me feel so embarrassed! Why should I be ashamed of my biology? A thirty year old man must be aware that women menstruate. Now I'm going to feel awkward around him.

ETA: I have one more complaint - this stupid IUD. It's been in nearly a year and every month I have about 5 days of agony that is barely alleviated by pain killers. I talked to my doctor already and there is nothing wrong with it or me. I am frustrated and grumpy.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:50 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

just an update (see previous page)
still no period, i'm on day 39 of being late. HPT this morning came back negative.

talked to my doctor's nurse on the phone yesterday, she is always nice and knowledgeable! especially since she feels my vegan diet is "healthy" and "good" and probably not the cause for any irregularity in my cycle. now that she knows my HPT came back negative, she will talk to my doctor later today and i'll probably go in for some bloodwork either tomorrow or early next week before my actually official annual exam appointment in 2 weeks. i think they will check hormone levels and other stuff in the bloodwork, not 100% sure, but in case anyone is curious i can submit another update.

i do appreciate those of you who left me a reply earlier when i first posted my question!

"But...that's the most vegetably vegetable there is!!!" -Chicki

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:44 am 
ugh

couroupita wrote:
I was out of advil at work and I didn't have a way to go buy some today so I asked a male co-worker if I could have a few from his stash. I must have looked terrible because he was very concerned and asked if I was ok. I was in too much pain to say "oh, a headache", so I just said I had cramps. He widened his eyes and told me that was TMI and that I should have just said I had a headache (wait, wasn't he the one who asked me what was wrong?). It made me feel so embarrassed! Why should I be ashamed of my biology? A thirty year old man must be aware that women menstruate. Now I'm going to feel awkward around him.

Yeah, that's obnoxious. Don't ask if don't want a real answer, right? Dude needs to grow up.

"I feel like it's not a real political discussion if I'm not morally opposed to something I don't understand." - ndpittman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:13 am 
Chip Strong

couroupita wrote:

ETA: I have one more complaint - this stupid IUD. It's been in nearly a year and every month I have about 5 days of agony that is barely alleviated by pain killers. I talked to my doctor already and there is nothing wrong with it or me. I am frustrated and grumpy.

If you had described the consistency of your blood, I can see how that would be too much information. But seriously? All you did was said you had cramps. You didn't even say they're menstrual cramps. I just... ugh. I agree that this guy needs to grow up.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:34 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Your coworker was totally out of line. I have a huge problem with it being considered offensive or impolite to talk about female health issues. I've been known to tell guys (or just people in general) about how I have to take drugs to stop bleeding to much. None of them had a problem with it individually, although I was banging on about it once to two of them in public and only then did they pretend to be dismayed. I told them to stop being squeamish because they didn't have a problem with it before. So what if a bunch of old dudes in a pub were listening.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:03 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

couroupita wrote:

You definitely shouldn't feel embarrassed or awkward. I don't think your answer was inappropriate at all, especially when he asked. It's not like you were describing the texture of your blood clots or something... which I've probably done to male friends, because I'm gross like that.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:48 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

My uterus always starts throwing a tantrum when I bike at the start of my period. Getting to work at 8am in hideous pain is great (this was after 400mg of ibuprofen). Since I was determined not to let it ruin a ride to the lake today since autumn is on its way I ventured out only to start leaking two thirds of the way through a three-hour outing. On of course the moment I get home: Pain.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:36 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

couroupita wrote:

If you have a copper IUD, that is a fairly common side effect. Maybe try one with hormones?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:24 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

Feeling crampy and bloated right now, period isn't supposed to be due for another week. I'm tired of being in peri-menopause and wish my body would just get on with full blown menopause. I'm too old for this!

bird noises | book of faces

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:54 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I nearly cried when I couldn't find this thread.

I feel pure lightheaded and cramping like crazy. Whyyyyyyy didn't I realise early yesterday that I was just out of dog food? I'm dying at the thought of having to get dressed and drive 30mins for dog food.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:50 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

So yesterday I started my period while at work so I left on my lunch break and bought tampons and after using one put them in my car and promptly forgot about them until about an hour ago when I went to fetch one after having sat in my car in the hot sun all day long. It wasn't until I was actually putting it in did I think that putting hot plastic into my vagina might not be a good idea, turns out it felt pretty okay....and I might do it again tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:06 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I haven't started yet but my mood swings have. It seems that now that my cramps are mostly under control, my body thinks, "Something has to suck, or this isn't really a period".

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:00 am 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

Why does my period always seem to start just in time to have my heaviest bleeding when I've got a 4 hour train trip ahead of me? I wasn't due till Wednesday. Hoping that with the aid of tranexamic acid, my cup will be sufficient to stem the tide until I get to where I'm going tonight.

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:45 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

way to be gross, face. awesome job breaking out like a mofo.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:15 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:42 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

LazySmurf wrote:

I kind of feel like stabbing out my uterus right now. Horrible cramps. Sore boobs. Pizza face.

I really wish it were more easy for females to get permanent birth control options (like partial hystercetomy). I don't want kids. I've never wanted kids. I had a cervical cancer scare in my mid 20s, yet still I can't get my uterus taken out because I'm considered "young" and just in case I "change my mind". I don't understand why I have to put up with a painful period every month if I'm never going to procreate. /end rant.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:06 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

FabulouslyFierce wrote:
I really wish it were more easy for females to get permanent birth control options (like partial hystercetomy). I don't want kids. I've never wanted kids. I had a cervical cancer scare in my mid 20s, yet still I can't get my uterus taken out because I'm considered "young" and just in case I "change my mind". I don't understand why I have to put up with a painful period every month if I'm never going to procreate. /end rant.

YES.

not that there aren't reasons to hang on to a uterus or not undergo an invasive elective surgery when you have other, less dangerous options, but the runaround they give you when you are a woman and you want your tubes tied and you haven't had any kids is so unjust. maybe i'm uninformed, but it doesn't seem like men who want the snip-snip face as many arguments and obstacles.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:14 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

acr wrote:

YES.

not that there aren't reasons to hang on to a uterus or not undergo an invasive elective surgery when you have other, less dangerous options, but the runaround they give you when you are a woman and you want your tubes tied and you haven't had any kids is so unjust. maybe i'm uninformed, but it doesn't seem like men who want the snip-snip face as many arguments and obstacles.

I think because technically you can reverse a vasectomy it's easier for men to do. But I think it still seems wrong to a lot of people if a woman does not want children. I get shiitake all the time for it. So surely I will come to my senses at some point and want lots and lots of babies.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:22 pm 
Shopped till she dropped

I just started my period in the middle of a bio test. I had a LEEP less than a week ago, so I'm sure this one will be extra fun, since i cant use tampond or my cup. The cramps are pretty minor so far, but it's still hard to concentrate. And I have a chem test later tonight that i havent studied for yet. Fun times.

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:54 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Holy cramps in French class today. More like, cramps, hot flashes, backache, and small waves of nausea from the pain. I totally ditched my friend, who technically was waiting for me, but was talking with someone else. For like ten minutes while I'm trying not to show how much pain I'm in.

And this person my friend was talking to, he's annoying as all fork, talking about the same ex girlfriend all the forking time, has the most irritating voice. And then I realized my friend was making me wait just so he could talk to this annoying shiitake head so I walked off. I'm sorry, but heat, Motrin, and cake are my only friends today.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:23 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

i am SO TIRED. i just accidentally took a two-hour nap on the couch and drooled all over my own hair.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:59 pm 
Shopped till she dropped

kara kara wrote:
I had a LEEP less than a week ago, so I'm sure this one will be extra fun, since i cant use tampond or my cup. The cramps are pretty minor so far, but it's still hard to concentrate.

Sooooooooooooo my pad exploded on my bike ride home tonight. I probably should have changed before I left, but I didn't think about it. Not fun.

I hate pads. I feel like I'm 12 years old again and walking up to the pencil sharpener in 6th grade, worrying that everyone can see and smell my pad. Then this shiitake happens? I can't wait for this period to be over. Oh, and the cramps aren't any worse than normal, pretty mild actually, but they've lasted a full two days Normally they just last a couple hours right when I start. I should probably take some ibuprofen since my back is really bothering me too, but I'm afraid I'll just start popping it like candy before it has any effect.

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:41 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

I am super crabby right now. I have the cramps mostly under control at the moment (thanks OTC drugs!) as well as the bleeding (thanks "super" tampon AND pad!), but no amount of drugstore fixes will make me feel less grouchy right now. GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:20 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Nevermind... awesome cramps have returned. YAYYYYYYY

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1757 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 71  Next