| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15760 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 368, 369, 370, 371, 372, 373, 374 ... 631  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:16 am 
Offline
Fair trade, organic mistletoe
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 3507
Location: Toronto
All of it. Feeling very burnt out at work. Tired of feeling shitty all the time.

_________________
"I'd rather have dried catshit! I'd rather have astroturf! I'd rather have an igloo!"~Isa

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:20 am 
Offline
Has it on Blue Vinyl
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:23 pm
Posts: 2004
I had to do too much yesterday, and now I'm in pain from my hips down to my feet.

_________________
When it comes to, you know, modern technology, think of me somewhere in the Middle Ages, training my hedgehog friends to knit socks. ~Phoenix


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:20 am 
Offline
Discovered unobtainium
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:21 pm
Posts: 12127
Location: Dinosaur Stampede
apparently I drove over glass that was not cleaned away after a 3 car accident this morning. I got to work and discovered a flat tire. Since I drove 50+ miles on it going 70, its a sure bet the tire is toast. The NEW tire.

I am 2 hours from home, have $50 in the bank. fork.

_________________
"This is the creepiest post ever if you don't know who Molly is." -Fee
"a vegan death match sounds like something where we all end up hugging." -LisaPunk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:38 am 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:18 pm
Posts: 3958
Location: Portland, OR
I pulled my back out yesterday and I shuffled around a bit too much yesterday afternoon and I'm feeling it even more today, ugh.

_________________
get sconed!
& @jdfunks on that thing


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:46 am 
Offline
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:18 pm
Posts: 430
Location: L.A.
jdfunks wrote:
I pulled my back out yesterday and I shuffled around a bit too much yesterday afternoon and I'm feeling it even more today, ugh.


I recognize your name from instagram :) Sorry about your back, mine does that too sometimes for no apparent reason :/

_________________
Hi, I'm Kylie
Cool Stuff I Make
Fellowship of the Vegetable


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:12 pm 
Offline
Should Write a Goddam Book Already
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:37 pm
Posts: 1084
Location: Western Mass
A girl I just graduated with and went to middle school with got in a bad car accident this morning at 2 AM. She died today. It's so crazy to imagine your peers dying.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:11 pm 
Offline
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:30 pm
Posts: 10304
Location: Wolfville, Nova Scotia
Feel better Jess! <3

Ugh, I messed up some month-end numbers at work and it sucks. I went in on my day off to reconcile it, but now I'm worried that the owner and my boss might have lost a bit of trust in me, which is ridic because I'm really forking good at my job, I just made a human error. Sigh.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:50 pm 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:18 pm
Posts: 3561
Location: It's hot. All the time.
j-dub wrote:
All of it. Feeling very burnt out at work. Tired of feeling shitty all the time.

I'm so sorry, Pretty lady. My hope for you is that your evil doctor takes care of you soon...

_________________
A whole lot of access and privilege goes into being sanctimonious pricks J-Dub
Dessert is currently a big bowl of sanctimonious, passive aggressive vegan enduced boak. Fezza
You people are way less funny than Pandacookie. Sucks to be you.-interrobang?!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:31 pm 
Offline
Semen Strong
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:10 pm
Posts: 19049
Location: Cliffbar NJ
Hugs j-dubs. I hope you get a diagnosis and treatment plan soon. Sending tons of good health thoughts to you <3

_________________
My oven is bigger on the inside, and it produces lots of wibbly wobbly, cake wakey... stuff. - The PoopieB.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:53 pm 
Offline
Discovered unobtainium
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:21 pm
Posts: 12127
Location: Dinosaur Stampede
Tofulish wrote:
Hugs j-dubs. I hope you get a diagnosis and treatment plan soon. Sending tons of good health thoughts to you <3


Yes, this! Not much is worse than not having any answers.

_________________
"This is the creepiest post ever if you don't know who Molly is." -Fee
"a vegan death match sounds like something where we all end up hugging." -LisaPunk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:05 pm 
Offline
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:46 pm
Posts: 2437
Simultaneously best and worst about today. My best friend had a 10 hour layover here so we got to spend all day together; now she's gone and I'm alone, so alone. I love Denver but its never been so hard in my life to make friends. Week 3 and I'm still completely alone :(.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:19 pm 
Offline
Fair trade, organic mistletoe
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 3507
Location: Toronto
lavawitch wrote:
Tofulish wrote:
Hugs j-dubs. I hope you get a diagnosis and treatment plan soon. Sending tons of good health thoughts to you <3


Yes, this! Not much is worse than not having any answers.

Oh! I haven't updated. I do have an answer--gallbladder has got to go. The surgeon first suggested a surgical option with a 25% chance of success and said I'd eventually have to get my gb out anyway and I said why don't we just take the damn thing out?! So now I wait. Meeting with the surgeon Nov 20, then I don't know how long it will take to actually have the procedure. There is light at the end of the tunnel!

I'm just really hopeful that the IBS that has been triggered by the gallbladder issues also departs this earthly coil.

Thanks for the support everyone!

_________________
"I'd rather have dried catshit! I'd rather have astroturf! I'd rather have an igloo!"~Isa

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:52 pm 
Offline
Discovered unobtainium
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:21 pm
Posts: 12127
Location: Dinosaur Stampede
That's great! Well, the resolution part, not the surgery part.

I sure hope this is it!

_________________
"This is the creepiest post ever if you don't know who Molly is." -Fee
"a vegan death match sounds like something where we all end up hugging." -LisaPunk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:54 pm 
Offline
Discovered unobtainium
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:21 pm
Posts: 12127
Location: Dinosaur Stampede
Oh my resolution: my dad drove 3hr rt to take my tire off, get a new rim, put the tire back on the rim, replace on car, make sure all ok.

What would I have done without him?!

I got him some peaches and made peach cobbler. Seems paltry, but he was happy.

_________________
"This is the creepiest post ever if you don't know who Molly is." -Fee
"a vegan death match sounds like something where we all end up hugging." -LisaPunk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:09 am 
Offline
Ninja Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:00 pm
Posts: 4583
Location: Surrey, UK
J-Dub - I'm so glad they're finally doing something! Having my gallbladder out was the best thing I ever did.

_________________
I sure do love pumpkins, Cotton.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:34 am 
Offline
Should Write a Goddam Book Already
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:25 am
Posts: 1038
Falsely assuming that your illness is over, and then it comes back to hit you in the face and poop on your head.

_________________
The night is dark and full of turnips.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:53 am 
Offline
Inflexitarian
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:17 am
Posts: 744
Location: Toronto
GymClassZero wrote:
A girl I just graduated with and went to middle school with got in a bad car accident this morning at 2 AM. She died today. It's so crazy to imagine your peers dying.


I'm sorry to hear that, and agree. It's crazy.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:01 am 
Offline
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:29 pm
Posts: 6126
Location: Land of Maple and Beavers
My laptop is broken. I currently have a total of $0 to fix it/replace it, but I don't know what I'll do without one, so...

_________________
Did you notice the slight feeling of panic at the words "Chicken Basin Street"? Like someone was walking over your grave? Try not to remember. We must never remember. - mumbles
Is this about devilberries and nazifruit again? - footface


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:12 am 
Offline
Just Loathin' Around!
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:17 pm
Posts: 7239
Location: bindlestiff
ScooterDiva wrote:
Simultaneously best and worst about today. My best friend had a 10 hour layover here so we got to spend all day together; now she's gone and I'm alone, so alone. I love Denver but its never been so hard in my life to make friends. Week 3 and I'm still completely alone :(.

Are there any veg meet ups in your area? Or meet ups for hobbies? Take some cookies into work and introduce yourself around the building? Birdemic movie night? If you do any sort of outdoor activities I think it would be easy to find a group doing stuff there.

_________________
Ovoids=not vegan --invictus

Panda With Cookie


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:43 am 
Offline
Dead by dawn
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:54 pm
Posts: 7878
Location: Seattle
pandacookie wrote:
ScooterDiva wrote:
Simultaneously best and worst about today. My best friend had a 10 hour layover here so we got to spend all day together; now she's gone and I'm alone, so alone. I love Denver but its never been so hard in my life to make friends. Week 3 and I'm still completely alone :(.

Are there any veg meet ups in your area? Or meet ups for hobbies? Take some cookies into work and introduce yourself around the building? Birdemic movie night? If you do any sort of outdoor activities I think it would be easy to find a group doing stuff there.

Running group?

_________________
facebook
"The PPK: Come for the pie; stay for the croissants." - tinglepants!
"Cockblocked by Richard Branson- again!" - Erika Soyf*cker


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:00 pm 
Offline
The Real Hamburger Helper
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:03 pm
Posts: 2252
Location: I can't believe it's not England!
monkeytoes wrote:
pandacookie wrote:
ScooterDiva wrote:
Simultaneously best and worst about today. My best friend had a 10 hour layover here so we got to spend all day together; now she's gone and I'm alone, so alone. I love Denver but its never been so hard in my life to make friends. Week 3 and I'm still completely alone :(.

Are there any veg meet ups in your area? Or meet ups for hobbies? Take some cookies into work and introduce yourself around the building? Birdemic movie night? If you do any sort of outdoor activities I think it would be easy to find a group doing stuff there.

Running group?


These suggestions are great and I have 1 more-meetup.com is a great place to find them. There's a friend I have and he's one of my closer friends now all because I went to a meet up and he was wearing a vegan t-shirt. It takes a lot of time to build friendships in new cities. I moved back to Boston after college and hadn't kept in contact with most of my high school friends and those I had were out of state at this point, so it was kind of like that. I ended up living in Central mass and coming back to Boston on weekends for a bit when I was doing Nanowrimo and met some cool people there. After that, it was kind of a weird amalgamation of re-connecting more with a few groups I'd participated in or finding new groups to participate in. I swear it took me a year and a half to really build up my friend group and I still sometimes feel like I'm lacking friends.

_________________
"Vegan to me means Oreos for breakfast." -Poopiebitch
"tl;dr: I quit working to drink beer paid for with gift cards" erikasoyf*cker


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:52 pm 
Offline
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:39 pm
Posts: 4042
Location: the Eug
My hours were cut in a horribly passive aggressive and mean attempt to force me to quit (as we know I am... but not until the end of Oct.). I am being told that I am the reason the business is failing, and there for I am responsible to fix it. At the same time my hours were cut to just what she knows is above the unemployment limit.
At the same time of this really emotional stress for me I am picking up buckets of extra stuff around the house. I am just extremely overwhelmed and feeling alone.

_________________
Don't mind my breasts and vagina, I'm a gay man.---Idatetatooedguys.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:00 pm 
Offline
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:34 am
Posts: 2442
j-dub wrote:
lavawitch wrote:
Tofulish wrote:
Hugs j-dubs. I hope you get a diagnosis and treatment plan soon. Sending tons of good health thoughts to you <3


Yes, this! Not much is worse than not having any answers.

Oh! I haven't updated. I do have an answer--gallbladder has got to go. The surgeon first suggested a surgical option with a 25% chance of success and said I'd eventually have to get my gb out anyway and I said why don't we just take the damn thing out?! So now I wait. Meeting with the surgeon Nov 20, then I don't know how long it will take to actually have the procedure. There is light at the end of the tunnel!

I'm just really hopeful that the IBS that has been triggered by the gallbladder issues also departs this earthly coil.

Thanks for the support everyone!


I hope it's really "the answer" to the problems you've had in the last year, year and a half?
It sucks that you'll have to wait two-three months to have it taken out though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:20 pm 
Offline
Semen Strong
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:10 pm
Posts: 19049
Location: Cliffbar NJ
Good luck j-dub! I can't believe you have to wait for such a long time before seeing a surgeon when you're in so much pain. I hope that you have ways to manage your discomfort until a more permanent solution can be found.

Hugs to you.

_________________
My oven is bigger on the inside, and it produces lots of wibbly wobbly, cake wakey... stuff. - The PoopieB.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:25 pm 
Offline
Should Write a Goddam Book Already
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:09 am
Posts: 1082
Location: Denver
I really wanted to be productive and get stuff done this morning. But mostly I'm lying around, dreading going to work.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15760 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 368, 369, 370, 371, 372, 373, 374 ... 631  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], zwingtip and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer