| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 413 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: No one's resurrected a DivaCup thread, yet?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:51 am 
Baking In The Flavor

For all those that experience leaks. I found that when my cup leaks, even when it's popped open correctly, that the holes in the rim of my cup were clogged and by cleaning them out with a toothpick and making the holes slightly bigger that my leaking stopped.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:39 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

helbury wrote:
Dropscone asked months ago about using a cup after birth, and I have had no problem in terms of fit or leakage. I bought a large diva cup years ago (before having a kid), and it still fit me just fine for my first postpartum period.

I had a small Mooncup which worked perfectly before I gave birth, and I tried that after and it kept sinking down and sticking out and irritating me. When I was on holiday in Amsterdam there was a store selling the Diva cups so I got a large one of those to compare and contrast, and as I feared that also slips down so I get the end poking me. Not as badly, but I think they did a bit of a crepe job sewing me up, and pelvic floor exercises haven't helped much so far.

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:12 am 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

I've had a divacup for years now, yet now matter how careful I am, I always end up CSI-ing all over the place. The weekend at work, I CSI-ed on the inside of my jeans (which were around my knees). Last month, I CSI-ed all over the stall at the newly refurbished National Maritime Museum. I don't know how I manage this. I carefully remove it, dump the contents, and then have large swathes of toilet paper at the ready to receive it and wipe it down, and yet I always manage to find blood-spatter on the randomest of surfaces when I'm done. Anyone found a method for dealing with a cup without CSI-ing?

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:38 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

is it that you have a really heavy flow, so there's just a lot to deal with each time you empty it? if so, maybe emptying it a little more often would help, so it's not as full?

i'm lucky enough that i have a really light flow and only have to empty mine once every 24 hours, so thankfully i haven't had a problem with CSI-ing :) but that's my first thought...?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:04 am 

I do have a really heavy flow, especially the second and third day of my period. I do try to empty it pretty frequently when I'm near a bathroom, but sometimes on those days even emptying it hourly doesn't prevent the CSI.

I envy your light flow, bluedawg!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:54 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Has anyone tried the instead softcup?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:31 am 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

lepelaar wrote:
I do have a really heavy flow, especially the second and third day of my period. I do try to empty it pretty frequently when I'm near a bathroom, but sometimes on those days even emptying it hourly doesn't prevent the CSI.

I envy your light flow, bluedawg!

samesies. i have a bad day or two and late night/early mornings are rough.

fupapack wrote:
Has anyone tried the instead softcup?

i have some and i used it once briefly for intimate activities but i don't feel like it's super trustworthy. i still have a box if you want me to mail you one or two to try?

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:38 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I'd love it if you mailed me one to try. I can get intimate with the divacup if I'm super aroused but a few days ago my bf managed to completely flip it inside of me with his wiener which was just as messy as you would imagine.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:37 am 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

oh that would be bad! pm me your address. i've had them awhile but i checked and can't find an expiration date.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:26 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

lepelaar wrote:

I used to have a similar problem coupled with leakage. I take tranexamic acid (an antifibrinolytic) and ibuprofen to reduce the bleeding now. It was messing with my iron stores.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:34 am 

Chipmunk wrote:
lepelaar wrote:

I used to have a similar problem coupled with leakage. I take tranexamic acid (an antifibrinolytic) and ibuprofen to reduce the bleeding now. It was messing with my iron stores.

Not too long ago, I got a prescription for Cyklokapron, which is really helpful on days when I am travelling or otherwise won't have access to a bathroom on an hourly basis. (I try to limit taking it to those days, though, because I've got kidney disease.) But even using it, sometimes the CSI is inevitable.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:02 pm 

The stuff I take is branded Cyklo-F and over-the-counter, but they're otherwise identical. I find it tends to work best if taken consistently from the moment I start bleeding for the first 2-3 days, which I guess isn't feasible for you. I still combine it with ibuprofen (i.e. the NSAID that happens to be easy to find) because I always bleed more if I'm cramping. Works better than either one alone in my case.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:50 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

My mooncup will not stay in place. I try to put it as far down as possible, but it will get up in there (ifyouknowwhatImean) no matter how I place it. I think this causes the problems with leaks I've had. Does anyone else have the same problem and any ideas on how to solve it? Do you think a larger size (I have the small one, am young and have not given birth) would help?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:44 am 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

pannkakan, I think the leakage is due to the seal not popping. I had a time when I would be paranoid about leakages so I would run a finger around the rim to make sure it had popped... which obviously resulted in the seal opening.
I got my mooncup when I was 27 and no children, and I got the large one simply because I believe that if you have a regular sex life then the large fits better... ifyouknowwhatImean.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:31 pm 

My cup also wanders and leaks slightly on heavy days and it's a large size (Lunette). I think it's a combination of how stiff the material is and muscles shifting things about. Towards the beginning of my cycle my cervix is quite far down too. I have a smaller, softer one (UK Mooncup) from before I realised that it couldn't handle my torrent of blood. That one also moves about but doesn't tip over in doing so. I've never been able to eliminate leaks entirely in over 5 years, and I always check it has actually unfolded.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:41 pm 
Tofu Pup

I'm sorry, but I just have to share a moderately embarrassing/bizarre story, because only DivaCup appreciators could find it amusing.

After a frustrating week of pre-period moodiness and cramps that did not seem to be producing any period, I felt some cramps that seemed to signal that I could finally get this period going and over with. I was at work, so I looked to see if I had remembered to pack my Diva Cup, and I couldn't find it, so I dug into our emergency tampon supply, and just popped one in.

Throughout the day, I felt like the tampon wasn't fitting quite right, but I figured that I hadn't worn one in a couple years, and they usually slipped downwards uncomfortably when I used to wear them, so I ignored it.

Near the end of the day, I took out the tampon, and there was nothing on it, but I was SURE I was getting my period. A moment or two later, I realized that I HAD put in my Diva Cup in the morning, and I had somehow been wearing the DivaCup above the tampon all day. I was mildly horrified at what could be going on inside my lady parts all day without my knowledge/recollection. Then again, I have yet to be pregnant, so I'm sure the strangest is yet to come.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:58 am 
Baking In The Flavor

I never successfully got my Diva Cup in, as I'm rather tight. Is there another brand that may be more comfortable?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:06 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Have you tried different folds? I can never get a cup in and properly unfolded with the C fold, but the origami fold is great since its pretty small and still pops open fairly easily.

http://menstrual-cups.livejournal.com/4 ... ad=4016400

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:13 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

I also had no luck with the C fold - I never thought of trying it another way. Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 7:42 pm 
A gift from the crasshole god.

ScooterDiva wrote:
I've found that if you scrub your cup with baking soda at the end of each cycle, it takes a lot of the stain out. I was also wondering if soaking it with denture tabs might get rid of the stains, too.

I have PCOS so I only get 3 periods a month (after hormone pills) so it had been a while since I had seen my cup and it looked a lot more stained than I remembered. Popped in here looking for a solution and I just knew someone on the PPK would pull through. This worked so well I was actually amazed and now my cup looks like new!

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 8:00 am 
Not NOT A Furry

I don't concern myself with the staining... it's not like anybody's looking at it anyway.

Also, sex whilst using a DivaCup sounds awful.

Yay, and verily he said unto them, "Eat this nooch for it tastes kind of like cheese, and drink this kombucha for it is awesome. And don't be a vegan hating douche because no one likes an asshat." - DancesWithTofu

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 8:44 am 
A gift from the crasshole god.

I would like to point out that I get 3 periods a year, not a month!

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 2:27 pm 

Haha! Yeah, I was confused by the words "only" and "three periods a month" in the same sentence there!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:14 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

PPK! I'm a menstrual cup user now! I got fed up last month when I was cleaning stains off of my clothing pretty much every day and I bought a MeLuna. I had a hard time getting it in at first, but after a couple of different folds, I found one that works. OH MY GOODNESS is this thing better than changing pads and cleaning up blood stains!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:47 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

wooo!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 413 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next