| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2043 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70 ... 82  Next
 Post subject: Re: Beachbody Fitness (P90X, Insanity, etc.)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:32 pm 
Hip Goiter

Sounds crazy DLD! Pretty cool that you already feel and look buffer. I'm very jealous of the weight loss with upped calories, haha. I'm sure it will all settle.
I bonked a little today, in max recovery and cardio abs (CA was for tomorrow, but I have boot camp tomorrow evening, so I figured it doesn't hurt to take that little piece over into today). Damn. I could barely do the twist knee jumpy thingers. Hahah whatever they are called. I did Yoga X this evening for the first time in a month and it was the opposite of what I expected - I had a much harder time in the first half (maybe just muscles were tired from max recovery) but I was much more flexible! Go figure.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:05 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Good for you doing 90 minutes of yoga! I used to love that one, but I got so crazy with all of Tony's yapping all the time, just killed the mood. So I made a little yoga workout list for myself, based on Yoga X mostly but also some yoga instruction I had, and I just do it to a little yoga playlist on my Mac.
Yesterday I did Beast Legs. 38 minutes of just legs. The trainer, Sagi, is pretty funny. He'll go over to someone and go "are you getting tired? do you want to take a little nappy?" Other time he asks the guys if they are little barbies. And one time, I think, he says "oh it hurts, do you want me to call your mommy for you?"
This creatine stuff seems to really be working as I could much more than I used to, and drove my heart rate up above 170 a few times (which is high for an old guy like me) but it didn't bother me at all.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:32 pm 
Hip Goiter

Haha Sagi sounds funny! Sounds like you're really getting results. That is awesome. Yeah I love Tony so much in other videos but in Yoga I just want him to shush. The worst is at royal dancer - which I can do normally anytime. But it messes me up really badly to know what he's going to say and then hear him say it! like "When my man here first did this, he was tumbling and stumbling. But now he's sound of mind, and doing great" or whatever, and just anticipating that I tumble and stumble! I need a remote control for my computer so I can mute him.

Oh, so I had max cardio this morning and boot camp this evening. I did ok considering my thighs are still hurting. But there was one circuit station of lifting a weight-lifting bar over your head x number of times, and I had my knees bent to protect my back, and the instructor came over and was like straighten your legs! I was flabbergasted! Isn't that the right thing to do?

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:43 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I took so many breaks during my fourth week of Insanity that I made myself redo it. I just started the recovery week after a 3 day break. It's amazing how jiggly I feel just from not exercising for a few days.

I think I need someone to yell at me to get off my butt in the morning. I'm not working, so I'm pretty much home all day, but I keep taking days off, just because I'm lazy.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:58 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Days off? DAYS OFF?!?! You need to get off your butt and work the fizzle out!!

Randi you're totally right you should nearly always have a little bend in your legs when you are lifting up.

Greetings from Copenhagen. I got in a few hours ago. Happy Cow helped me find a very nice raw, vegan restaurant for dinner. The hotel gym will be OK for tomorrow's workout since it's shoulders, but after that I gotta find a proper fitness center with serious dumbbell and a friggin' pull-up bar. Damn hotels never have pull-up bars.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:09 pm 
Hip Goiter

Don't worry creep, listen to your body and do what feels best. You're probably going to do better now having rested, and you probably needed that rest. (DLD and I will be playing good cop bad cop for you :) )

For some reason I was sweating a ridiculous amount during today's Core Cardio & Balance. Maybe my metabolism is just picking up and I'm overheating more easily? Maybe I'm exhausted? Maybe I have the plague? (Also, if Shaun T knew he was going to throw CC&B in a few times during the second month, he shouldn't have said so many times throughout the video that "this is your recovery week"! It's not!)

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:23 am 
Hip Goiter

I think I have to stop with the boot camp evenings. I've only gone 2x a week but for the first time ever my knee feels...odd, and I don't want to get injured. I guess that was pushing way too much. Maybe I'll do Yoga X a few nights instead.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:09 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

That sounds smart. I live with a constant little fear of getting injured during these workouts. Seems I'm always banging a dumbbell against my leg or smashing a finger somewhere. But knees you gotta really worry about.

I'm in last week of the "Build" phase of Beast. Managed to get in all my workouts in Copenhagen, although it meant getting up pretty early and making do with lighter weights in the hotel gym. On Thursday I'm flying to Dubai for a week and so I'll start up the "Bulk" phase on Saturday over there, hopefully with a good set of weights! I need 70lb dumbbells for some of the exercises, otherwise I have to do a gazillion reps to get to fatigue which misses the point sorta. We're supposed to be at total fatigue with 8 reps...

I'm still struggling to gain weight too. I've upped the calories another 300/day starting 2 days ago, so maybe that will get things going. It's hard to eat so many calories without eating fatty things! Yesterday I ate two microwaved potatoes with salsa on them, and even that was just a measly 200 calories...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:09 pm 
Hip Goiter

Yeah risk of injury is definitely something I know to take seriously now. It's more important than trying to be some civilian athlete. Haha. Insanity shall be enough for me right now!
Gosh I cannot imagine what you are going through! I know most people would respond to you with 'oh you poor thing, struggling to put on weight' but it can be just as difficult as losing, especially mentally. You should bring jars of peanut butter (or other nut butter) around with you. I can't fathom needing more than 70 lbs to reach fatigue! Damn you are strong. No matter what happens with this, your Beachbody results are pretty spectacular. Have you won your t-shirt yet? :)

So jealous of your Dubai trip! Please tell me how it is if you get outside the business center (you can pm that stuff!). BF and I were trying to fit that into an Asia trip we're taking in December but we're doing a stopover in Qatar instead.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:43 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Will do, although I suspect I'll spend 7 days in the hotel, maybe 1 dinner out. I've never been outside the city of Dubai though -- would be interesting to see what it's like. Sand, I imagine. And heat.
If you think about it, your legs lift a ton of weight all the time, and if you're doing pull-ups, you're lifting your entire body weight with your back, so 70lbs dumbbells or 140lbs total for a guy isn't all that crazy. I use them on "lawnmower" type back exercises, on squats, and pretty soon on bench presses. They are scary as shitake though -- if I dropped one, I'm afraid it would go through the floor and land on my car in the garage below...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:38 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I just finished day 6 of P90...the less intense pre-P90X workout with Tony. I feel pretty good, but did not realize how it of shape my joints were. Lots of good soreness in my hips and shoulders. After this I'm planning on doing P90X...only 13 more weeks to go!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:44 pm 
Hip Goiter

Great job Fizzgig! Welcome to the party! I never did P90 - what is it like? Is it the same video every day or do you rotate? Good luck and make sure you feel warmed up and stretched enough before diving into the heart of the workout. I mean, Tony is much better at that than ShaunT but still.
DLD how was Dubai?? How goes the beast?

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:55 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

It is 2 videos that you alternate with a harder version for each to switch to after three or four weeks. So far I like it, even if I get a bit snarky with Tony and his commentary

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:41 pm 
Hip Goiter

I finished Insanity yesterday!!! I loved it. I did about 2 extra weeks, because when I missed a few days due to travel or injury I just started that week over. So I'm going to take this week off, do yoga and stuff, and start again next week at the beginning. So fun. I want to share my results (day 1 to yesterday) because I'm excited and proud even though they're not great probably compared to others, and because I don't really discuss this kind of thing with anyone in real life. I want to hear how you are all doing too.

Switch kicks: 60 (at low height) - 107 (medium and high height)
Power jacks: 41 - 49
Power knees: 55 - 125
Power jumps: 23- 26 (so hard still)
Globe jumps: 6- 10
Suicide jumps: 11 - 17
Push-up jacks: 20 - 27
Low plank oblique: 40 - 70

Yippee!

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:37 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Hey Randi congrats on finishing Insanity! That's huge. I never took the fit test so I don't know how to interpret your results, but I get the sense you made a TON of progress. Woo-hoo!

I'm back from Dubai. Tried logging on there but kept getting un-logged, for whatever reason. I did make it out of the city on my last day, took a "desert safari" with a tour group. Meh. PM if you want the details and I'll happily share, as I'd do something different if I had it to do over.

I'm going into week 5 of Beast. Pretty good results so far, even if I'm lagging in weight gain. But the difference in size and definition is pronounced. My shirts fit a LOT tighter so I know I'm growing in chest, shoulders, and arms. The workouts are pretty short -- you just blast a single muscle group until you're totally pumped up and fatigued, and then you're done. So for legs today, it was just 35 minutes. But I was totally quaking at the end -- hammies, quads, glutes, and calves all fried. I was shaking for an hour afterward.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:10 pm 
Hip Goiter

Thanks! I took the past week pretty much off (yoga and walking really, and one CC&B day) and I'm going to restart tomorrow!
Jeez Beast is a beast, huh? Results sound great. So interesting to follow!
Sorry that Dubai was just meh!

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:08 am 
So Totally Yiffy

I'm back! Smh. After a death in the family threw me off my P90X schedule, I just quit. (Shame on me.) Now I'm back! This morning I finished Day 12. I have NO plans for the next three months (aside from holiday eats and treats), so I'm hoping to make it through to Day 90 without missing too many workouts. Had a weird back injury in Week 1, but managed to make it through my workouts anyway. Yoga was a killer with the bad back, but somehow felt better afterwards.

Congrats RandiJM! You are inspiration. I have Insanity, but I am terrified of what it will do to my knees. Hoping that P90X will get me in some kind of shape to handle the impact. Go you!

I promise I'm not a bot! My birthday is June 10th. :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:30 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Congrats Deedah on getting back into it! I left it for a few months once and man it was painful coming back. I remember one night a few days after I re-started I woke up in the middle of the night because I accidentally rolled over in bed and my back was so sore it woke me up!

My back gets tweaky during shoulder workouts so I sometimes pause and do some stretchy downward dogs right in the middle of the workout, seems to help. Try that!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:39 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

Thanks DLD! Will try that. Don't want another weekend of lying on pillows on the floor alternating between a cold pack and a heating pad lol.

I promise I'm not a bot! My birthday is June 10th. :)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:05 pm 
Hip Goiter

Glad that you are back, deedah. I'm so sorry about what you had to go through. Looking forward to hearing how you do!

So I kind of think the first month Insanity workouts (Plyo circuit, cardio power, pure cardio) are harder than the second month (max ones)! Maybe it's just because I have been doing the max for the past 5 weeks and I got used to them, but starting over last week was a rude awakening! Maybe because they are shorter, they pack more intensity, while the longer max vids are more about endurance? Crazy. I have a feeling no matter how many times I do this system it's never going to be easy (which is pretty cool).

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:38 am 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

you guys! rev abs for $29 including shipping for the next day and a half or so. anyone try it? http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-revabs- ... eal_button

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:13 pm 
Hip Goiter

Oh man I'm SO in! I just got a $5 groupon credit so yes I will get. Did you appi? We can work through it together!

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:39 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

What do you guys know about this rev abs thing? In terms of how well it works.
I've been doing the P90X ab ripper X workout for over 2 years now. I assume by now I have a totally ripped six-pack, it's just hiding for safety under a nice soft layer of fat...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:54 pm 
Hip Goiter

I got it before I looked at the Amazon reviews, and they were very mixed. I guess it doesn't hurt to try, and then if it's really absolutely terribly awful and less exercise than walking up one flight of stairs (as one review alleged), we could always try return it to Beachbody?

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:16 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

randi i haven't but i feel like i can't say no! maybe? also, i live on the 2nd floor now so i always get my 1 flight in ;)

dld I don't know a thing - there isn't a ton of info on it on the bb boards.

and yeah that's my thing - i have an easily annoyed neck which dislikes most ab work. but yeah a return might be possible!

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2043 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70 ... 82  Next