| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3508 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94 ... 141  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Crush Thread
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:37 pm 
Semen Strong

monkeytoes wrote:
DarthCupcake wrote:
(does he really count as a crush at this point when we've been regularly seeing each other for at least a month now, even though we haven't had the relationship talk?)

Biker boy and I have been regularly seeing each other for 15 months and have had the relationship talk, but I still have a crush on him. He makes my stomach go all fluttery and sometimes just watching him do whatever makes me sort of giddy. I think if it feels all crush-y good you can still call it a crush.

You are so adorable mtoes. I am really happy for you guys.

(ps: livestream the wedding!)

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:14 pm 
Has gasoline in her veins

So, um... Mine just asked me if I wanted to go dancing. :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:24 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

DANCE THIER FACE OFF. THEN EAT THAT FACE WITH YOUR FACE. IT'S A THING CALLED KISSING.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:25 am 
Like Anal, But Backwards

Mars wrote:
DANCE THIER FACE OFF. THEN EAT THAT FACE WITH YOUR FACE. IT'S A THING CALLED KISSING.

<3

I don't know whether I have a crush.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:17 pm 
Bought A BRAND NEW CAR!

strawberryrock wrote:
lycophyte wrote:
I want a freaking crush! There is this really nice girl who has a crush on me. I do not have a crush back yet despite the fact that I probably would if I wasn't all depressed and stuff over a relationship that ended 5 freaking months ago. Considering the relationship was not even 17months, this is a significant amount of time to still be stuck on someone, still crying on someone. I want someone to crush on who isn't my freaking ex...What is my problem? I was doing so well for awhile and then just collapsed over the last few weeks.

Ok this is supposed to be a happy thread. Maybe we need a relationship whiners thread.

Dude, break-ups are super hard! I was with someone for a year and a half and we broke up 9 months ago and I still have so many feelings about it. Then I was with someone for less than 6 weeks and we broke up almost 5 months ago and guess what? I have lots of feelings about that too! (It was also super super intense and then super shitty.) I think it's normal to take time to heal. Or at least I hope so or else I'm totally broken.

I got to hang out with a newish friend (actually, she wrote me on OKC riiiight after I got back up as single, like a week after my breakup; I didn't reply for like a month and a half) last night and I wish we had done so earlier because we are like the broken-hearts club or somesuch. She's been really awesome to talk with about all this stuff and is still getting over her 7yr relationship (and its been over a year...). I kinda want to see if we can make a broken hearts club pact that if we are feeling shitty and weepy about this we call 'em up and make it better. I think I'd have gotten out of the funk sooner and with less damage then I had.

Hopefully I'm not entirely broken, and what I really want to know is if I'm just bitter about the idea of relationships or if I really just don't think they are actually good for me in a healthy knowing myself sort of way! Because I do feel like that. I really would be interested in a circle of bffs and FWB and not a gf. If I had some good friends to play house with (ok, play hippy commune) and got some amount of booty, I'd be set.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:32 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Mars wrote:

I think that might actually be cannibalism, but U CUTE.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:37 pm 

Uh ohes... I've done gone and got myself too attached now. We've spent the night with each other three times now, but as I've mentioned before, for mental health reasons he says he doesn't want to kiss or play chess until he feels like he could 'be present' with me, which he also seems unsure if that's going to happen at all. Ugh but our snuggling is so intimate... and he says the cutest things about me. Argh. Also did I mention he's going to be going away to California in a couple months? At least for a couple months, but actually, in theory, indefinitely? Ballsack.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:43 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Uh oh. I am a total pro at getting over-invested in crushes so I know how that is.

I am becoming increasingly fond of the girl I've been seeing even though there are a lot of reasons I don't think it could ever work out longterm, so I am setting myself up for emotional destruction probably.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:14 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

My crush on straightgirl is ever-present and not good for me. I have made friends with a badass chick on okcupid and we've hung out a few times in real life. She's in a poly relationship. I'm unsure if I have a crush on her or if I want her to be my bff. Mostly I'm afraid to have a crush because i know that we will never be completely together. On the other hand, I seriously don't have time for a full-on relationship. Frackin' emotions. What I need is some nookie.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:26 am 
Inflexitarian

Crush and I went to an amazing concert. I can't tell if she's interesting or just naturally touchy feely, but at one point she stroked my beard, then my hair, then my beard again in quick succession. To be fair it was relevant to the conversation.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:39 am 

Tea, most people don't touch beards unless they're interested in it (...and usually the person who's growing it) Sounds promising!

o.m.g. my crush is sleeping in my room right now. Tonight took an interesting turn of events. o.O

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:34 am 

thisheregiraffe ooooh, fun!

The only crush I have right now is on a celebrity (Richard Speight Jr from Supernatural/Jericho/those pepsimax commercials). Why can I not have a real life crush????

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:35 am 
Inflexitarian

thisheregiraffe wrote:
Tea, most people don't touch beards unless they're interested in it (...and usually the person who's growing it) Sounds promising!

Well.. we were on the topic of beards, and she commented that they're usually scratchy, and I countered "No way. Mine is totally soft. You can touch it if you want to see!" so I kind of asked for it rather than it being a spontaneous thing. She disagreed with my assessment, saying that even though it's soft, it's still not as soft as the rest of my hair.

Quote:
o.m.g. my crush is sleeping in my room right now. Tonight took an interesting turn of events. o.O

Oooohh. Play safe.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:41 am 

Tea wrote:
Oooohh. Play safe.

ha! there was a separate air mattress involved, so it was as safe as possible.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:19 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

A new kid joined my research group. We all went to a workshop in Belgium this week, and it was the first time new kid and I had a chance to talk. We shared adventure stories (my India ones for his E/SE Africa ones) over Ethiopian food, and he told me about his next plan: trekking across mountains in Ethiopia. I am suddenly so dreamy/starry eyed for him.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:33 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Tea wrote:
thisheregiraffe wrote:

Well.. we were on the topic of beards, and she commented that they're usually scratchy, and I countered "No way. Mine is totally soft. You can touch it if you want to see!" so I kind of asked for it rather than it being a spontaneous thing. She disagreed with my assessment, saying that even though it's soft, it's still not as soft as the rest of my hair.

mm yep hair softness assessment is step 5 in the evaluation. you seem to have passed with flying colors.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:01 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Uggg... My crush came over to my place tonight for a game night (with other people in our program). I told myself I would be open to crushes in grad school if they were in a different program. Also, the guy is not the type of guy I normally like.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:02 am 

Oh my forking god. I am forking smitten as fork. Snuggle crush kissed me. And made out with me. He just left (it's 3am, he really had to be home)... It was so perfect there are literally tears of joy in my eyes. And I have no doubt that he partly went home when he did because he knew it would keep me that much more on the edge of my seat.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:46 am 

Mars!! awesomeawesomeawesome!! :D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:05 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Mars!! YAAAAAAYYYYYY! :D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:29 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Oooooh, Mars! Nice.

Tea I had to check your location. I have a massive crush on a guy with a super nice, long beard. What I would not do to get my hands on it. He runs ultras. He ran a hundred miles under 24 hours and when they told him he was done he said "I thought it would be longer". I realize it was most likely shock talking, but wow. I want him bad.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:53 pm 
Inflexitarian

booberthefraggle wrote:
mm yep hair softness assessment is step 5 in the evaluation. you seem to have passed with flying colors.

Amazing. Out of curiousity, what is the full list of steps?

Also she e-mailed me the day after the concert and was like "I had so much fun last night! <snip> We should hang out more in the future". We're going to grab lunch sometime next week. I'm excited. I hope I'm not misreading signals here. She's totally cool.

Pugmom, he sounds like a stud. Go for it!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:26 am 

I have a super crush on this girl I danced with tonight but she thinks I'm a baby but we'll probably get married and stuff if I meet her again and she kissed me on the cheek.

Also I'm kind of drunk.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:56 am 

Ha ha I wake up and my browser's tabs are this drunk post, Craiglist missed connections and then six different kittens at the Humane Society. Doing shots of Maker's was maybe not the best idea I've ever had but I mean I probably am going to marry that girl if I ever see her again.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:49 am 

YAY! I hope you find her!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3508 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94 ... 141  Next