| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7738 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209 ... 310  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pregnancy Updates Thread
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:59 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

i'm GD free! woohoo!

my numbers were actually "perfect" according to my midwife. i laughed when she told me cause of the ridiculous amounts of sugar i've been consuming. everything else is looking good... i've gained a bit more this pregnancy than last time, which i'm happy about, and baby is head down and kicking hard.

otherwise, i'm just kind of bored. still got too long to go to really start getting hyped up, but definitely pretty uncomfortable/exhausted 90% of the time.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:15 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Congrats on passing the GD test littlebird. I know that is big relief to you.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:20 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Tofulish wrote:
You can also check out the Spinning Babies website! http://www.spinningbabies.com/

Its also cool because it helps you identify what all the lumps are so you can properly appreciate that there are two people in your belly!

Until I looked at the site, I thought I was constantly petting Leela's back, but then realized it was my giant fibroid...

Also, BELLY PICTURES PLEASE!

I found a section there for twins, but I'm still a little confused. Sometimes I'll get a little lump, but the second I touch it, they run away, so I'm still not quite sure where everything is. I can tell who is who, I think...just not what is poking me.

One blogger said putting a bag of frozen peas on top, where the babies head was, and I warm towel/pad where she wanted the babies head to be worked for her--something about the baby seeking out warmth. I'm willing to give it a try!

Part of me thinks she is staying head up because he is...maybe they want to keep each other company in there, so if I can get one of them to turn, hopefully the other one will. Though, she's the one who really needs to flip, it will make things easier if they both do.

That's great news LB! I'm just waiting on my results right now. Fingers crossed I won't have to do the 3 hour test.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:28 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

congrats chiveggie! that is amazing! :-D i hope you never get morning sickness! mine hasnt been that bad and yet i still wouldnt wish it on anyone!

i still very very bleeccchhhh. im so tired of being exhausted and nauseous.
i cant believe how damn tired i am all the time.
i have not actually puked (yay!) and i dont have any major smell or food aversions so i guess i should consider myself lucky but man do i feel like crepe.

like i said i dont necessarily have food aversions but when i think of all the food i normally love to eat (hummus and salad are two big ones) i just think "omg ew i cant eat that"
if someone made it for me and put it in front of me i would probably eat it but the thought of it is like bllleehhhhhh.......

ive been living on ginger ale and carbs and im not happy about that. i feel like if i could just eat better i would feel better.
ah well. hopefully soon.
my best friend is also pregnant is about a month ahead of me and she said once she hit the second trimester it was like someone flipped a switch on the nasea (why cant i spell that damn word?). it just completely and instantly disappeared.
i hope the same thing happens to me cause im tired of feeling like poo.

i will say though that my husband has been AMAZING. previously i wouldnt have called him particularly "doting" or anything but he's been so great. he read two books that i would describe as "dudes guides to pregnancy" and he's always saying stuff he read in the books like "im supposed to get things for you when you dont feel well" or "im supposed to take care of one of the night feedings so you can get more sleep"
he has been an amazing go-fer so far, he gets me food, makes me food, washes my dishes (which doubly sucks for him since our dishwasher broke).
we went hiking in Maine over the weekend and after we ended up on a trail that was way harder than what i should be doing i made everyone go back to the cabin for enforced naptime for the rest of the night and he didnt complain once about spending a good chunk of our mini vacay just sitting in a cabin watching tv.
this morning i was flopped on the bed complaining about how i didnt want to go to work and how i felt sick and he kissed my belly and told the baby to stop making me sick. ;-)
thank god for supportive partners! i hope this stays this way :-)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:30 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

35w4d today. Baby E is still breech, although this morning I felt rather strong pressure/kicks on my ribs, so did he flip??? My GD is under control mostly... when I dont go and have a very sweet snack or something in between meals haha.

Samuel cannot wait for his baby brother. I am getting to the point where I am done with this whole pregnancy now. I just want him here. This has not been a good/enjoyable one, thats for sure. Only 4wks to go, max. (I think they might even induce at 38wks because of his size and being breech).

But, anyway, overall, today, I am good. Getting the house ready for Eli.

designedtobekind wrote:

One blogger said putting a bag of frozen peas on top, where the babies head was, and I warm towel/pad where she wanted the babies head to be worked for her--something about the baby seeking out warmth. I'm willing to give it a try!

I tried that, didn't work. What about swimming in a pool? Or doing a handstand?

“I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.”

I blog @ Mama To Feingold Kids

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:28 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I'm delinquent in updating! Some of you may remember that I miscarried in March towards the end of my first trimester. People here were so kind and supportive and it meant so much to me. Anyway, I'm happy to report that I'm now 18 weeks along with an apparently healthy pregnancy! I'm finding out the sex next week which I'm really flippin excited for.

Also, if anyone has tips for heartburn that work, you'll be my new BFF. I've yet to try papaya enzyme, but if that doesn't work, the only other thing I can think of is complaining, which just doesn't really seem to help.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:01 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

Oh wow, great to hear annamal! I'm so glad things are going well!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:20 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Congrats, annamal!

I've resorted to generic Zantac for pregnancy. I buy the lowest dose I can find and take one pill. Works like a charm. I haven't actually needed it yet for this pregnancy, but I used it the entire 3rd trimester for my first.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:27 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

Amazing news, annamal, congratulations!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:44 pm 

Congrats annamal!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:46 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

Congratulations annamal!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:21 pm 

stuckunderhere wrote:
designedtobekind wrote:

I tried that, didn't work. What about swimming in a pool? Or doing a handstand?

No access to an indoor pool right now, but I could try some legs up the wall or going upside down supported by the couch. Sending good thoughts that your baby turns!

Congrats annamal!!

I've noticed that I get heartburn if I'm even a little dehydrated. Drinking lots of water has helped me tremendously. I remember having heartburn until about 20 weeks, and then it went away, and now it's back again sometimes...so maybe you'll get some reprieve for a while as things move around.

So, the doctor's office told me last week that no news was good news with the glucose test. They said I should have results by Tuesday, and it is now EOD Thursday, and not a peep, so I can resume my nightly diet of candy and doughnuts. Honestly, I don't even have much of a sweet tooth right now, other than for fruit or a little chocolate, which is probably for the best anyway. I can't seem to get enough protein-rich stuff right now.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:48 pm 
***LIES!!!***

annamal - congrats! Zantac or Pepcid Complete are great for heartburn. Tums didn't touch it for me. I didn't waste my energy on papaya enzyme or other natural cures because the first time I experienced the heartburn I ate about half a bottle of Tums, thought I was going to die, seriously considered going to the emergency room in the middle of the night, etc. - non-drug remedies were clearly not going to be enough. I used Pepcid pretty much every day for the last 3-4 months. My midwife said anything over the counter for heartburn is totally fine and there are prescription heartburn drugs that are also fine during pregnancy if that doesn't solve the problem (she said this when I decided it was finally late enough to call her at 7am the night-morning of the first heartburn attack).

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:43 pm 

Congrats annamal! I'm so happy for you!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:44 pm 
Semen Strong

Oh annamal, what wonderful news! Yay 20 week scan!!!! Its kind of amazing to think you're nearly at the midpoint, isn't it?

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:15 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Tofulish wrote:
Its kind of amazing to think you're nearly at the midpoint, isn't it?

It's mindblowing! I've been counting every day and I still don't know how this happened.

Thanks for the heartburn tips, all! It sounds like I need to take a trip to the pharmacy. I've definitely reached the point at which Tums are more like an oversized breath mint than any form of medicine, so big guns it is.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:02 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Less than 30 days to go 0_0

Oh and congrats annamal! Thats awesome news. I've been through that many times, so I know the feeling. Now that you are approaching the big u/s, are you hoping for a specific gender?

“I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.”

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:10 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

Here’s a mini update from me. as I mentioned in the due date thread I had my first U/S yesterday and I had my due date pushed back a little over a week. according to the date of my last period my due date should have been around 4/22/13 but during the u/s the tech said the baby was only 1.7 cm and the earlier you have an u/s the more accurate it is so based on the size she gave me a due date of 5/2/13. They all seemed a tad weirded out about it. not like super concerned but they kept questioning me. first the u/s tech then the dr. they were like “so you don’t know when your last period was?” and im like yeah I do. then they were like “hmmmm but your cycles are regular?” and im like ‘yeah usually they are very regular’ then they were like hmmmm. I was like “I dunno dudes you have the fancy pants equipment not me. I have no idea what the date of conception was so if you say 5/2 im cool with that!”
Everything else was normal. Heartbeat was in normal range, all exams were normal. They took literally 10 vials of blood from me. YUCK!
Other than being questioned a lot about my cycles everything went fine. I got a ton of info and they answered all questions we had and explained a bunch of stuff. I did notice on one thing I had to sign it said they do not co-manage labor with midwives so I think I will just stick with my Dr rather than branching out. I was interested in learning about midwives but I think I am comfortable with the set up I have. the Dr is very nice and explained a lot and seemed very caring. Those things are important to me. maybe if we have a second kid I will look into midwives right away. Im going back in about a month for some screening tests via blood and u/s. since they had literally no risk to the baby I figured why not.
That’s all from here. the only thing that bummed me out about having my due date being pushed back is im not as close to leaving the first trimester as I thought. Im SO tired of being constantly nauseaous!! Oh well. May baby!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:30 am 
Bathes in Braggs

i just realized that i will be 35 weeks on Canadian thanksgiving weekend. that is only two weeks away!!!!!

so my partner and i were standing in the kitchen chatting and talking about how it's our friends' daughter's birthday party that weekend in toronto, and our families are there too, so we'll definitely drive down and do thanksgiving with everyone and get to see our friends as well and oh, won't that be fun!

and then i looked at my calendar and realized i was IN LABOUR on the equivalent of Thanksgiving Monday, and now i'm not so sure about the wisdom of being 5 hours away from home. i will talk to my midwives about it, and see what they think. i told both our families that we will not be making any firm plans, and if the midwives say it's ok AND i'm feeling good and comfortable with it, we will hop in the car and drive down for the weekend. and if there's ANY sign that something might be happening or i feel off or weird at all, we will cancel.

but yeah, kind of crazy realization. i could be having an october baby.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:40 am 
Bathes in Braggs

also, this is totally anecdotal and random, but i have terrible heartburn except on the days that i take my floradix iron supplement.

i was having really bad heartburn, and hadn't been taking iron at all because the prenatals make me barf and my iron levels have been pretty good all along. but i was feeling extra tired and groggy lately, so i figured it wouldn't hurt, especially since the floradix did such an amazing job on my iron levels last time.

anyway, i took my floradix regularly for a week or so, and kind of incidentally noticed i didn't have any heartburn, then forgot about it for a day or two and the heartburn was back. i noticed the change and was curious, so i purposely didn't take it for a couple more days, and yep, debilitating, mouthful of acid puke, disgusting heartburn both days.

started taking it again and tada! and i had really spicy, sour foods too (ramen soup, apple juice, oranges, and spicy curry).

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:45 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Congrats annamal!! Very happy for you!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:43 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

LisaPunk wrote:
I did notice on one thing I had to sign it said they do not co-manage labor with midwives so I think I will just stick with my Dr rather than branching out. I was interested in learning about midwives but I think I am comfortable with the set up I have. the Dr is very nice and explained a lot and seemed very caring. Those things are important to me. maybe if we have a second kid I will look into midwives right away.

I find all this so interesting, learning the difference in the way things are done in different places! I haven't seen my doctor in over two years, and don't plan to until the first time I need to take the baby for an appointment after s/he is born. And I think that's fairly standard here.

___

I still don't really know what heartburn is/what it feels like, so I don't think I have it but it sounds horrible. Hope you can all find some relief soon!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:16 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

stuckunderhere, I don't have specific hopes. Maybe if I already had children I would have a preference, but for now, both would be so great in their own way! It's nice that whatever I find out I will be happy. I guess it goes without saying that I AM hoping everything is healthy though!

I have a Floradix equivalent in the fridge and am totally going to crack it open. I'll report back to see if I have the same luck you had, littlebird! Wow, that would be the best.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:45 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Congrats Annamal!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:21 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

littlebird wrote:
and then i looked at my calendar and realized i was IN LABOUR on the equivalent of Thanksgiving Monday, and now i'm not so sure about the wisdom of being 5 hours away from home. i will talk to my midwives about it, and see what they think. i told both our families that we will not be making any firm plans, and if the midwives say it's ok AND i'm feeling good and comfortable with it, we will hop in the car and drive down for the weekend. and if there's ANY sign that something might be happening or i feel off or weird at all, we will cancel.

but yeah, kind of crazy realization. i could be having an october baby.

Same dealy-o here. I'm in Montreal too. Hubby's family is in the GTA. We were supposed to get together for Thanksgiving weekend, but I dont think that will be happening now. I'm 36wks tomorrow and just "know" baby E is coming any day now (lost part of my plug last night and getting stronger BH for a few days). I cant afford to be so far away (we have no car... so we usually take the train and bus) in the condition of my current pregnancy. What do you tell the IL's though? I feel bad.

annamal wrote:
stuckunderhere, I don't have specific hopes. Maybe if I already had children I would have a preference, but for now, both would be so great in their own way! It's nice that whatever I find out I will be happy. I guess it goes without saying that I AM hoping everything is healthy though!

Good to hear :) Healthy is all that matters!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7738 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209 ... 310  Next