| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2854 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79 ... 115  Next
 Post subject: Re: the lactation station: share your breast feedin' stuff h
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:04 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

In case anyone was wondering... I visited my SIL last night and things are still rough on the supply front. She was so grateful for the info I sent her, so I'm glad I was a little pushy. She's been pumping and she just started fenugreek and is looking into other supplements. She wants so badly to be successful and it breaks my heart that she was so unsupported by medical professionals off the bat. I'm going to keep helping/encouraging/sharing resources ss much as I can and last night I kept reminding her anything she does is awesome, helpful and worth her time.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:22 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Oh, poor her! The Mother's Milk special blend capsules worked well for me, and I eventually stopped taking them. Pumping is supposed to be the best remedy, along with feeding often, for low supply though.

Good to hear that she is open to advice, etc.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:47 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

And goats rue helped me a lot too! I took tons of it along with mothers milk special blend. I also nursed as often as he wanted.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:12 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

New Yorker comic: http://www.newyorker.com/online/2012/09 ... s#slide=10

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:17 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

cute!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:35 pm 

Heh.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:06 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Tee Hee!
I want to thank Butternut for telling me about powerpumping. In my first session I got 4 oz. In my last two sessions I got 6 oz. And tonight I got 7 oz which is an all time record for me! and this was only an hour after nursing! I'm just excited :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:40 am 

annasrobbie wrote:
Tee Hee!
I want to thank Butternut for telling me about powerpumping. In my first session I got 4 oz. In my last two sessions I got 6 oz. And tonight I got 7 oz which is an all time record for me! and this was only an hour after nursing! I'm just excited :)

Excellent! I'm so glad it's working for you!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:45 am 

Ugh. I'm so annoyed. I somehow got to work today with only one little white thingie for the pump. I don't really have time to one side at a time! Who would have thought something so small would be so important?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:05 am 
***LIES!!!***

Butternut wrote:
Ugh. I'm so annoyed. I somehow got to work today with only one little white thingie for the pump. I don't really have time to one side at a time! Who would have thought something so small would be so important?

If you have space to keep stuff at work, keep an extra set of flanges there!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:27 pm 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question

Butternut wrote:

oh yeah totally - I've forgotten something for the pump, even if its only a bottle to put the pumped milk in! - sooo many times. Good thing the Babiesrus is right across the street, but I so hate constantly spending at least $15 there for whatever. Now I have like 3 full sets of pump parts, flanges etc etc., it's kind of ridiculous.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:21 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Anybody have experience with food poisoning? Our family had a wicked case last night, and the 7 month old is clearly unhappy today, which I'm pretty certain is stemming from a less robust supply. I'm just now starting to drink more, but not really eat. I'm hesitant to pump to try to ramp up supply because I want the baby to get as much as I can possibly give him. Have people's supplies rebounded? Fairly quickly? Anything I should be doing?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:52 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Butternut, that stinks! Hope you were still able to pump!

Sofrito-- I think Tofulish had food poisoning not long ago? Maybe she'll chime in with some advice.

I had THE WORST plugged duct today. It surfaced less than an hour after pumping, which is odd. I pumped, still there. Ran to the sitter during my lunch to nurse, still there. Pumped again, still there. It was SO painful, my entire nipple and half my breast was rock hard and sore. Writing on the board at school was torture (of course today's lesson was the most I've used the board all year). Finally, lots of hot compress and another nursing session and baby cleared it right up. I hope to never experience that again!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:56 pm 
Semen Strong

I had two bouts of food poisoning and my supply didn't seem to be affected. I did keep drinking a ton of water, so maybe that helped?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:20 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Thanks, Tofulish. I wasn't able to keep anything down, even water, so I'm hoping my supply rebounds now that I'm starting to eat and consume massive amounts of liquid again. I sent the boy to day care and stayed home from work so I can do some power pumping and catch up on my rest. Here's hoping it works!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:36 pm 
Semen Strong

Sending tons of good thoughts! I hope you feel better and that your supply rebounds quickly!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:42 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

My boobs are killing me. And more so my nipples everytime Ada latches. And she has been nonstop boob the last few days because of her bottom canines coming in. I shooould be getting my period at the end of the week but this is the first time that I've had sore boobs since I got my period back (which was 9 months ago). I guess all of my pms symptoms are back in full swing now?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:43 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Hey sofrito, I just came to this thread to post about the same thing. No idea if it's good poisoning or something else, but I am sick as hell and while no one else in the family is having this set of troubles, the baby is way cranky. I'm supposed to leave him to go to class today but am 2 bottles (8 oz) short on milk. Normally this is no problem at all for me, but I just pumped for a solid 30 minutes and got only 3 oz out. Come on body! I am going to chug some water, hopefully not puke it up, and try again.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:44 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

Oh and sofrito, I had a friend who had really bad food poisoning and her supply went down for a day or two. I ended up going out and getting formula for her so she could supplement. Her supply went back to normal as soon as she was eating and drinking again.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:32 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

coldandsleepy - i hope you're doing better today! I'm finally starting to feel a little better, but my supply is way off, clearly. I pumped about 3 oz. each time I pumped this morning, when I tend to average around 5-6. So, yeah, this sucks, but I have a health freezer stash and am eating oatmeal and drinking water like there's no freaking tomorrow. I hope this is temporary....

And kdub - I totally missed the plugged duct. They SUCK. Glad it's resolved and you're doing better.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:51 am 
Tofu Pup

Baby Badger had is weight check today and the good news is that he's gaining weight! He put on about 13oz this month, making him 8lbs, 11 oz at 3 months. Our doctor is still concerned that he's not getting enough calories and wants us to start supplementing a little bit by offering formula a couple times a day after he nurses. I'm trying not to be too discouraged, but since I'd planned on EBFing for 6 months, it kind of sucks.

We did see an LC and ruled out supply or latch issues. He nurses well and frequently, so I'm a little perplexed why we're even facing this issue. I'm trying to stay positive and remember that he won't shrivel up and die if he gets a bit of formula. Just...ugh. /vent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:49 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

My boobs are starting to get smaller! And I think my supply is going down. It feels good to not be nursing every ten minutes! (Except when teething)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:03 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

Twice in the past week I have brought all the stuff up to the house from the car after work including my breast pump and then forgot to take the milk out of the bag and put it in the fridge. I had to toss 8 oz yesterday when I realized they were still in the bag. I felt like an idiot because that was the second time I did it. I don't know how I let that happen. I think I have been really distracted and out of sync with my normal routine because Lorelei's dad got home about 5 days ago.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:15 pm 

Ugh, that sucks. I can remember spilling a bottle all over the counter once and just wanting to curl up and cry.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:55 pm 

dragonssister wrote:
Twice in the past week I have brought all the stuff up to the house from the car after work including my breast pump and then forgot to take the milk out of the bag and put it in the fridge. I had to toss 8 oz yesterday when I realized they were still in the bag. I felt like an idiot because that was the second time I did it. I don't know how I let that happen. I think I have been really distracted and out of sync with my normal routine because Lorelei's dad got home about 5 days ago.

No! How terrible!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2854 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79 ... 115  Next