| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125  Next
 Post subject: Re: Glee!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:42 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

mrsbadmouth wrote:
Did you know that Amber Riley tried out for American Idol before the show and the producers didn't let her on? Which I think means she didn't even get in front of the judges?

i think i did hear that, but i'd forgotten. that's totally ridiculous.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:16 pm 
Nailed to the V

I just want to say, I love The Glee Project more than Glee itself. I think it deserves its own thread.

And to anyone who likes TGP, see http://www.thegleekproject.blogspot.com for expert commentary (not mine, clearly).

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:18 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

okay, i made a thread for the glee project! woo!

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=21167

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:37 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Glee-Season4-Secrets-1049172.aspx
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Lea Michele and Cory Monteith are getting in top shape this summer to tackle the physically demanding stories awaiting them this fall on Glee. I caught up with the real-life couple at the 11th Annual Chrysalis Butterfly Ball benefiting L.A.'s homeless and cosponsored by Grey Goose Vodka.

When Glee returns to Fox on Sept. 13, Kate Hudson will have joined the cast as a hard-ass New York Academy of the Dramatic Arts dance instructor, pitting her against new student Rachel (Michele). "Dance is not Rachel's strong point, but as a freshman it's a requirement class she has to take," Michele says. "It will put Rachel in a very vulnerable place, stuck with a teacher who doesn't make it easy for her."

When Michele admits that dancing "is definitely not my strong point, either," Monteith jokingly pipes in that his girl will be spending her summer "enrolled in tap classes on Wednesdays and hip-hop on Thursdays."

As for Monteith's Finn, it sounds as though he's headed to Army boot camp! "Finn would have to be in very good shape and get incredibly fit, meaning I would have to be incredibly fit," says the actor. "I'm doing extra stuff this summer — CrossFit and fewer Snickers bars."

And Kurt (Chris Colfer)? Expect him to find his way to New York City — but not as a student at NYADA, which will hold firm on its rejection. Instead, "he will find himself in an establishment where Sarah Jessica Parker is his manager of sorts, but not in a performance sense," Colfer told me at the Critics' Choice Television Awards.

Michele has heard that Parker's character may be giving Rachel a makeover, which suggests a New York fashion-world story line for Kurt. Says Colfer: "Lea's a hot girl, [but] Rachel could lose the baby-doll dresses."

Dammit, I'm curious now. I may not be able to stop watching like I said I would. But how is this going to work? Are there still scenes at the school? And then scenes in NY? Here I thought we were just getting rid of the characters that graduated. And is it going to be just Kurt, Rachel, and Finn, or do we get Puck and Santana too? So many questions!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:04 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Tina should get back together with Artie!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:26 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Well that was awful, with a few barely-redeeming moments featuring Whoopi and the new kids who can sing. They even ruined my moment of being excited that Wade/Unique is (by the magic of teevee) back by suddenly having Brittany cross the line from ditzy to racist. I'm giving it one more week.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:42 pm 

Okay. That was better.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:11 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

so it's okay i haven't watched at all yet?

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:41 am 
Chard Martyr

Wait, what? It's started?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:21 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

did I spot Melanie from SYTYCD in the dance scenes with Rachel?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:49 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I'm a little disturbed that they've now made 2 racist jokes (through Brittany, as if her stupidity makes it OK). Not cool. Also, Lea Michele seems to have quite veganism, which I guess makes it OK that suddenly Rachel is cooking duck for some dude with no explanation as to why she's suddenly no longer vegan (if the writers even remember that she was supposed to be).

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:15 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Rumor has it (via gamer friends) that this show, which is all about being inclusive and stuff, has shown the school's gaming club as a bunch of twitchy nerds, worthy only of contemptuous mockery.

Is this true? I don't care enough about the show to watch the episode... (Plus when they do songs I like it makes me want to stick toothpicks through my eardrums.)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:59 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

solipsistnation wrote:
Rumor has it (via gamer friends) that this show, which is all about being inclusive and stuff, has shown the school's gaming club as a bunch of twitchy nerds, worthy only of contemptuous mockery.

Is this true? I don't care enough about the show to watch the episode... (Plus when they do songs I like it makes me want to stick toothpicks through my eardrums.)

Well, the one scene I can recall with any kind of gamers was when Blaine joined the D&D club and everyone was in costume (so it was really more LARPing than D&D). It was in a montage, so they didn't really have any lines or anything, but they did look kinda ridiculous. I'm pretty sure there was a woman dressed as a princess or something throwing glitter around. Or maybe I'm confusing that with Blaine (dressed as a wizard, with the pointy hat) sprinkling glitter (or some substance) on something.

Also, I watch online, so I skip most of the songs. Most of the time, they either do a song I neither know nor want to hear, or they do a song I like that I don't want to hear butchered. I listened to Blaine/Darren's version of "Everybody Wants to Rule the World", which wasn't bad, but it was incredibly sterile.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:53 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Those looked like super fun clubs, especially the superhero sidekicks club.

Do you think they will turn the NY thing into a spinoff?

Also, can someone recap the racist stuff? I missed it. I didn't miss the fat shaming though.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:40 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

kimba wrote:
Also, can someone recap the racist stuff? I missed it. I didn't miss the fat shaming though.

In the first episode, Brittany said to Unique (who was not dressed as Unique at the time but I can't remember his name) something like, "Mercedes, I thought you graduated". In the most recent episode, when asked what her favourite colour was, she said, I think, Filipino. I don't know if there were more that I missed, but those two stood out to me.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:36 am 

rachell37 wrote:
kimba wrote:

In the first episode, Brittany said to Unique (who was not dressed as Unique at the time but I can't remember his name) something like, "Mercedes, I thought you graduated". In the most recent episode, when asked what her favourite colour was, she said, I think, Filipino. I don't know if there were more that I missed, but those two stood out to me.

Wade.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:43 pm 

I was just on facebook - tonight is Darren's last episode!!!! *sniffle*

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:21 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:25 pm 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

appifanie wrote:

I don't think that's right.
It sounded like his post was just saying goodbye to the relationship, PLUS on imdb he is billed as being in several additional named episodes this season.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:02 am 

Thessaly wrote:
appifanie wrote:

It sounded like his post was just saying goodbye to the relationship, PLUS on imdb he is billed as being in several additional named episodes this season.

oh heavens i hope you're right.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:36 am 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question

Urgh, I realised that I had 5 episodes recorded that I hadn't seen. Watched the Prom one, realised I was so so bored and deleted the rest. Thanks for the first series Glee, but it's not me, it's you.

Mat.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:43 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

finally watching this week's ep and i've already cried twice. kind of afraid to keep going.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:14 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

appifanie wrote:
Thessaly wrote:
appifanie wrote:

oh heavens i hope you're right.

I was worried too!

So . . . I think I'm missing something. Hadn't Rachel and Finn broken up already? So how are they breaking up now? Why did he come to see her? What's going on?!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:18 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

i liked this episode a lot. many sad parts, but also some great performances (acting- and songs-wise). i'm a sap.

(and then i watched this week's grey's and just kept the good times rolling with the sadness and whatnot.)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:53 pm 

the whole will/emma thing was WEIRD. it came out of nowhere. i'm very confused. i thought the no doubt song was rather well done!

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 3117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125  Next