| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Neighbors from Hell!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:55 pm 
Nailed to the V

Reading this thread's horrible neighbors made me feel like I shouldn't be complaining BUT I'm saying what I came here to say! And that is that my neighbors insist on locking their bikes in MY spot on the stair rail, with their tires and handlebars and frames overlapping my bike so that I have the hardest time getting my bike out because theirs are squashing it. I brood about this daily!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:44 am 
Nailed to the V

Okay, this isn't nearly as bad as some of the others, but it's late, I'm trying to study, and I need to vent:

Our upstairs neighbors are incapable of sitting the fork down. They stomp back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, about six billion times a day, all day, all hours. Sometimes they run. Judging from the sound and vibrations, they may be wearing shoes made out of cinderblocks, rolls of quarters, or small blocks of lead. Several times per day, they do something that causes a resounding BOOM! throughout the apartment. We think they may bouncing bowling balls, mimicking professional wrestling, or setting off small explosions. Oh! and about every other day, we hear a huge BOOM! followed by a metallic rolling sound. It just never stops--they are in constant apartment-shaking motion.
We've talked to the landlord, and it turns out they've had so many complaints that our very kind, very understanding landlords are considering evicting them (I don't think noise is the only reason, though). Some nights it is so bad I think about calling the cops just so we can have some goddamned peace.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:52 am 
Huffs Nooch

Now this isn't really our neighbor's fault, but the walls in my apartment building are so thin that every morning I can hear the next door neighbor hacking up goobers. It sounds like he's dying and sometimes he's coughing so hard he makes himself make a vomiting noise. Definitely motivation to not take up smoking. And he has bed bugs! I only know that because the walls are so forking thin I and overheard a conversation.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:47 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

vijita wrote:
This isn't a neighbours from hell story, but I am so sick of our neighbours (we rent a condo--everyone else in the building owns theirs so naturally we are suspicious since we're younger and not wealthy). They'll sneak out and check what we put in the recycling and garbage every time we take it out. If I bring home a bottle of cider or a case of beer, I feel a million eyes on me. It's ridiculous because we are SO quiet (the only reason we moved into a geriatric building complex is because we so badly needed the quietude), and so friendly/respectful, but everyone seems to hate us. We just recently swapped in a car for one better on gas/smaller, and three sets of neighbours contacted my landlord, even though I submitted the new plates and pertinent information to strata myself. One neighbour emailed my landlord and told her sternly that we have an (indoor) cat, which my landlord knew about because she approved it when we adopted her, and it's ALLOWED. Luckily our landlord is on our side, but the neighbours are nuts. Oh! And we get a weekly CSA box delivery. Last week a neighbour actually accosted the sweet farm delivery person and asked what she was putting in our box. Because obviously it must have been something shady and not organic kale. Oh! And the other night we had ONE guest over, and our immediate next door neighbour came by our back door with a flashlight. I was just talking to him (a coworker), but I feel like they think we have squatters since (gasp!) he drives a car and it was parked in the visitor's parking.

When did you move to Florida?

My ex's grandmother lived in a condo place filled primarily older people. Everyday, a lady would come down to the pool for "adult swim." Not to get in the water but to make certain that no children were the in pool. If this meant that the pool sat empty for an hour, so be it.