| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7613 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236 ... 305  Next
 Post subject: Re: What nail polish are you wearing?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:48 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

snarkyvegan wrote:
It it too early to discuss Halloween nails?

Never.

Right now I have on Zoya Monica, but I've managed to chip it. Sally's is having a half off clearance sale and I got 6 of the China Glaze Safari colors for $1.65 each!!!

Anyway, I think I have a problem. I have entirely too many polishes but feel compelled to buy more. Only on sale or clearance, but seriously, I don't need any more, ever.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:52 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Hell no, I have been coveting the Halloween collections for CG and ORLY:

http://www.thepolishaholic.com/2012/09/ ... icked.html

http://www.scrangie.com/2012/08/orly-fl ... s-and.html

http://timtam00.blogspot.com/2012/09/or ... oween.html

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:20 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I already bought one of the Wet n Wild Fantasy Makers polishes in the coffin bottles, and three of the Blue Cross pumpkin polishes, plus 4 of the polishes from the Wet n Wild Pick Your Poison fall collection, which are basically Halloween, so no, not at all too early for Halloween polishes. I've been creeping drugstores waiting for Halloween make-up to hit since late July.

I'm kind of meh on those Orly glitters, but I really really want Cast A Spell and Immortal from the China Glaze Halloween collection. (zig a zig ah)

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:27 am 
So Totally Yiffy

never too early to discuss Halloween!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:29 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

mrsbadmouth wrote:

At first I looked at the CG and was thinking "meh" but then on the individual pictures?? Immortal, Make a Spectacle, and Cast a Spell are beautiful!

And I've been coveting the Orly Flash polishes for a while now, but have convinced myself that I don't want to go through removal of them. They are beautiful, though .

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:01 am 

I saw them at Ulta and they are all super pretty, but until I came home and googled swatches I thought Make A Spectacle was just a repackaged Snow Globe (it doesn't have that yellowish glow in the store). I want pretty much all of them.

Sally's has zero Halloween polishes so far. But they had one of their 50% off of clearance sales this weekend, so i'm hoping that means they're making room for the new stock.

Also that sale was still all Hunger Games, Dark Shadows, and a few of the CG On Safari but they only had boring colors left.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:39 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

My Sally's had pretty much all of the On Safari colors left! Well, there's like a thousand Sally's near here, but one of the two I went to did. Oddly enough the other one didn't have On Safari on clearance, which was BS.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:01 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

there's a red and gold sinful colors halloween polish that might work for christmas. i think i want it.

http://www.adventuresinacetone.com/2012 ... -part.html has some gorgeous blues I WANT.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:18 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Just a heads up in case you didn't know, Sinful are owned by Revlon who started selling in China, so Revlon are testing on animals. I haven't seen if Sinful are in China or not, and it's totally a personal choice that I don't judge on, but I figured you might not have heard.

eta I googled that Sinful polish and it is gorgeous. I wish I was still buying from them :(

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:21 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Raila wrote:
Zoya Feifei (SO AMAZINGGG... I cant believe how many color sparkles are in it!) on with black Orly Liquid Vinyl stamped with my new plates

That is nice, I really like the design, I need a swirly one like that

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:06 am 
So Totally Yiffy

I have been looking around for any of the Halloween ones, and only have found LA Colors sets so far, and I already have all the colors in the sets lol.
I have found something I think needs a little bit of research. I havent had any luck yet, so I am thinking we are going to need to write the company to find out.
company is called Blue Cross beauty products and cosmetics. They do the little pumpkin bottles for Halloween and snowmen during Christmas. I want to get a couple of the things they have, but I wont buy them till I know for sure if they are Cruelty free. Anyone else had any luck finding anything on them in the past? All I can find is swatches and where they are located. No page or anything specific about them.

AND if any of you have a Dots store anywhere near? Forsythe Cosmetics makes the Dots polishes, which makes Color Club! WOOT! I cannot find ANY Color Club polishes locally, so this is big news for me :D

Kitteh? This plate set is DA BOMB. Im so psyched about them, I actually look through them randomly and keep changing my mind about what I am going to do next! I dont even know if I am going to be able to go a whole week between Manis with that plate set :D

I ordered 60 plates for $51 and change from China because no one had the whole set here in the US, and any set that I found online for sale, was only in sets of 20 for $40! No thank you! Looks like the seller raised the price by a few dollars, but even all the way to above a buck each and higher, the set is WAY worth it. Konad plates average about $5 plus, so these are a steal and they are actually the best plates I have used yet, other than a few little weird things.
This is the plate set seller, but they dont have the whole set visible. I found the whole set, although poorly depicted, here

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:24 am 
stop: can't. won't. don't.

something is weird with that last link. here is a good one.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:40 am 
So Totally Yiffy

the second link is just to see the plates. The first link is the store I got the plates from but they dont have images of ALL the plates in the 60 series collection. Had to know all of what I was getting, and the designs that were part of the set before I decided for sure. The second link is just to see the images, but it was the only one I found today with all 60 plates on one screen.

(oh, crazy. it didn't work for me initially...but now it does! -calx)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:20 am 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

thanks jessi! it's probably for the best anyway cause all my SCs have always been kind of a disappointment.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:16 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Raila, at one point I found confirmation that Blue Cross are cruelty free by googling, but I remember it being really hard to find the info, so you may still want to double check. The pumpkin polish ingredients are vegan too.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:40 am 
So Totally Yiffy

Thanks Jessie.. I will keep looking too. If so, thats another set to look out for :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:48 am 
Ninja Master

Toes - China Glaze's In The Lime Light with some zebra strips (shiitake ones on my right foot because I struggle to do that foot!)

and fingers are Blueberry Gelicure with a 'rockstar' ring finger, using Nubar's Western Blue Nail Jewels and a blue rhinestone. I was just playing around seeing if I could get the whole rockstar thing right, it came out pretty well, kind of wish I'd done them all like that.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:12 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

I really loved this style on my nails. But this was done by a professional, I tried to copy it but failed!!!

(can you see the red french tips?)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:36 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Super cool Baps and Jerusha! I wish someone around here would have Gelicure. Actually, I'm still about 50-50 on the whole gel polish thing, but my nails peel sometimes, so I don't know if they're 'right' for gel polish.

Jerusha, you can definitely see the red tips. I think this looks great! I just have a vampy/purple color on, but I didn't get my nails cut down, so I feel a little like Elvira.

Have we talked about stiletto nails here? What do you all think?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:52 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

ndpittman wrote:
Have we talked about stiletto nails here? What do you all think?

I am NOT a fan.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:03 pm 
Ninja Master

I love stilettos. I couldnt deal with them personally. An almond shape is more wearable.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:36 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I love stilettos too, but I couldn't deal with them.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:05 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Who wears Stilettos? I mean, can you do ANYTHING at all with them? Like, typing? I am intrigued.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:12 am 
Ninja Master

I think only nail techs wear them! haha. My nail trainer had fab long glittery stilettos. They get used to them I suppose.

I would have them for holiday or something. I don't really like having enhancements on my nails though.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:35 am 

I officially hate Butter London. My first attempt at wearing The Black Knight, I had major tipwear on my entire left hand after a day. Last night, I painted my nails, got into bed, woke up, got ready for work, drove to work, discovered I had chipped a nail on the drive. And it's not a little chip, it's a huge chunk.

fork you and these gorgeous colors, BL.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7613 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236 ... 305  Next