| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81 ... 170  Next
 Post subject: Re: First World Problems
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:16 am 
Inflexitarian

A nearby construction area starts work before 8:30! Basically nobody is allowed to sleep in, ever.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:24 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

Just moved in to my new house.. Leasing to own (gotta get my credit score up). Moving is a drag, but I love this place! and I can rescue a dog and there's a nice backyard and everything.

Now I just need a 3rd roommate. Anyone looking for a place in the Lancaster, PA area?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:22 am 
Memorized Veganomicon

I have 4 place settings of my wedding china and 2 serving items ( a large platter and a "gravy boat" thingy ) but 4 place settings isn't enough for having people over for fancy things. I tried to get more a while ago but my pattern is not available through normal channels anymore. I looked on "replacements" and found them there so I can still round out what I have BUT....I also found my favorite favorite china pattern sets. It's an old pattern, I don't know how old, I just found a couple of pretty plates and a teacup in an antique shop 13 years ago and bought it 'cause I thought it was purdy. So. Do I attempt to sell my entire wedding china and use the money to buy the old antiquey stuff ( which is a mere $20.00 more per place setting ) OR do I just leave well enough alone and buy 4 more place settings of what I currently have to fill out my set so I can have my in-laws over for a fancy dinner?

I would also like to add that I have plenty of normal everyday plates that I purchased from a thriftshop and they are perfectly fine.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:09 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

A house alarm nearby is going off AGAIN (11pm). I have been in my house for six years and this alarm goes off every few days. It either gets switched off quickly (meaning someone is home to deactivate it) or it cuts out after ten minutes. Every time I've gone to see which house it is, the alarm goes off before I've found my keys. The owners obviously haven't learned how to use their alarm properly and it has been at least SIX YEARS. Come ON people.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:44 pm 
Naked Under Apron

My boss just informed us that he's lowering his contribution to our health insurance, making it pretty much unaffordable for me, but I can't drop it. Really, really mad. It was bad enough to begin with!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:22 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Peeling a mandarine for my daughter and my stupid soft thumbnail bent right back and all the juice really stung.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:30 pm 
Impressive boner

I'm tired from drinking too much cider and my throat hurts from smoking too many cigarettes.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:33 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

8ball wrote:
I'm tired from drinking too much cider and my throat hurts from smoking too many cigarettes.

hey. You know how to do a fwp.

I am also getting tired from drinking too much cider, but I don't want to stop.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:21 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

My friend is not home so there is no Doctor Who on the file server and I require my Doctor Who.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:22 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I've been following the fb page for a woman who has gone missing and there are all these moronic wannabe armchair super sleuths thinking they're somehow working on the case (which homicide police are leading), based on what the police have said to the media. And which of course is not the full story as they need to keep some facts inside the investigation only. The fb page was set up by the family/friends of this missing woman and they have to put up with really insensitive comments and accusations like "the husband did it for sure".

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:54 am 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

I have a dinner date at 7pm, I don't want to go home before it, but I don't want to stay in the office until then, and I forgot to bring a book with me. I might have to go to the bookstore and read something there instead.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:09 pm 
Saggy Butt

I work for a great company, with awesome people, where I make good money... and I hate my job. I'm seriously considering leaving to work somewhere less awesome for less pay just so I can do something I don't hate, because the soul-sucking stress is really starting to get to me. But the thought of leaving the company and my coworkers makes me so sad. DAMMIT.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:47 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

My phone said there as an update to the OS, so I did that... and it's taking FOREVER to update! Which is annoying because I'm expecting a text from MY CRUSH! Ehrmagherd!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:52 pm 
Naked Under Apron

I spent almost $8 on organic grapes and they are TOO SWEET. Also they taste a little like sunscreen (?).

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:15 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Amy wrote:
My boss just informed us that he's lowering his contribution to our health insurance, making it pretty much unaffordable for me, but I can't drop it. Really, really mad. It was bad enough to begin with!

I wouldn't call that a first world problem- health care is a human right.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:29 pm 
Semen Strong

I am online arguing about racist cultural appropriation with another PPKer. I should be sleeping and getting ready for a hard day in the babymines instead.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:22 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

No matter how nice I try to make my green juices, they always taste a little of arse.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:22 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I bought a graphic tablet on Amazon and it's not in stock so the earliest day they can deliver it is Friday. That's a thousand years away. I could die five or six times before it arrives.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:25 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

Gulliver wrote:
I bought a graphic tablet on Amazon and it's not in stock so the earliest day they can deliver it is Friday. That's a thousand years away. I could die five or six times before it arrives.

Well, that's one way to pass the time!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:52 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

choirqueer wrote:
Gulliver wrote:
Well, that's one way to pass the time!
I've been spending too much time reading RPG rulebooks recently, and as a consequence have developed a slight fetishization of the underworld and ghosts. Which is also why I got ordained as a minister on the internet today. You know, in case I need to perform an exorcism or absolve a ghost of its sins and allow it to pass on. Which could completely and totally happen this week (but preferably between the hours of nine and one on Wednesday or Thursday as I have work in the afternoons).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:31 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Received an email shortly after I got into my afternoon job saying nobody was to use the taps, kettle or sink in the kitchen, and that both the ladies toilet and disabled toilet were out of order, therefore everyone has to use a different toilet. No apologies for inconvenience or any niceties like that.

I sent an email back (copied to everyone, as I assumed I wasn't the only person who would want to know) asking where alternative sources of drinking water were. No reply for half an hour, so I went to see the person who had sent the e-mail. Turned out she'd sent it on behalf of her boss (who isn't my boss) who seemed offended I'd dared to ask any questions, said he didn't know where a source of drinking water was.

Then I spoke to my boss who said he guessed there might be a tap of drink-safe water in the alternative toilets. There was but the water had a weird taste. The communication skills of my colleagues leave a great deal to be desired, and the way people seemed completely unconcerned with providing staff with drinking water (or rather letting me know where it was) made me really out-of-proportion forking angry. Soooo glad I'm leaving that place. 17 days and counting..

ETA: this was because they had workmen in, not because of anything unforeseen. If they'd had the courtesy to warn us before turning off the water we could have filled up bottles!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:27 pm 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

The two performers I really wanted to see at Hardly Strictly Bluegrass this weekend are performing one after another on Friday afternoon... while I am still working. SADFACE.

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:10 am 
WRETCHED

This is just the epitome of being a first world problem.

We are having a new dishwasher delivered this morning and we are taking the dogs to daycare before our 'window'. It is raining and my husband is asleep so unless he gets up in the next 20 minutes, I'm going to have to take the dogs.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:27 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I want ice cream, but I have no money for ice cream.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:30 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

starrynight87 wrote:
I want ice cream, but I have no money for ice cream.

I have ice cream. Come on over.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81 ... 170  Next